It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Tylenol for you!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If you took more than two at any given time, you may be in trouble...this is not a good thing...

Taking even slightly too much Tylenol over a period of several days can lead to an overdose with deadly consequences, a new study says.

The study looked at what are called "staggered overdoses," in which a person repeatedly exceeds the daily recommendation through small overdoses. This is in contrast to the more familiar single overdose, when a person takes too many pills at once.

I did a search for this and notice other Tylenol threads but none with this article...apologies if it is there somewhere..

vitals.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
And weed is still illegal.
Reminds me of the Katt Williams joke lol.

This slightly reminds me of the whole Bayer thing when people got HIV from it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Can you clue me into the "Bayer," thing?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yep if you take more than the recommended daily dose than you are in for some trouble. There is a reason they say these sorts of things ya know.

My GF looooooooooves her Advil..."Oh I have a head ache...Advil......my stomach hurts...Advil..." I try to tell her that it's most likely that she doesn't eat enough and has low blood sugar that her head "hurts" also the dependency she now has on the drug.....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

All sound advice for your GF...if she has low blood sugar, that will definitely contribute to headache and stomach ache...IF you believe she is developing a dependence, I would recommend you suggest counseling...hate to see someone else fall prey to any form of abuse/dependence...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Tylenol has been said to be VERY HARD on the liver and kidneys.

Not good to take on a daily basis folks!!!

Your liver and kidneys are very important organs.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

IDK how to show little box's from the website so you will have to see the link from here ;/

also this is about the Bayer giving people HIV like you asked for
edit on 23-11-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Thanks...I was totally unaware of that case...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

It's not abusive by any means.....yet. Still well within the daily limit. and not every day. (once...twice a week). I just believe in trying other things first before popping the pill. Guess it helps have a doctor since birth that believes in natural medicine over chemical. Won't prescribe me anything until I've tried natural remedies. (got back pain...go get a massage. that sort of thing).

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well that's me half way in my coffin then.

I've been prescribed Paracetamol (Tylenol) & Codeine tablets 2 x 3 times a day for the past 18months.

I know how bad the codeine can be after suffering withdrawl for two weeks whilst in Santa Monica and I couldn't get any more.
That's after taking Ibuprofen (Advil) for the last 25 years plus due to Thecal compression in my spine.

The odd thing is my doc prescribes my paracetamol & Codeine as 2 tablets 3 times a day but the warning label on the box says do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hrs, a total contradiction.

I wonder if I have any liver or kidneys left, seriously!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I took a lot of T3 also. My organs must be screwed.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

I am suggesting you look into a liver cleansing program and vastly increase the amount of water you drink...I strongly suggest you consider drinking at least a quart of cranberry juice a day...this serves to flush the kidneys and can also help to detox the body...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Please also consider the same..lots of water and cranberry juice...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Um, Advil is Ibuprofen. Tylenol is acetaminophen. Two completely different drugs. Two completely different organs that it is metabolized in -- Kidneys and liver, respectively.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

There is absolutely NO physical dependance associated with Ibuprofen (Advil). Any "dependence" would have to be a psychological one, not physical.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Yes, your statement is correct...I do not believe the member stated anything contradictory or even made a claim concerning point of metabolism...I believe his post was more a concern in general toward the use of pain relievers and potential harm...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And if you have any sort of liver problems you should not take Tylenol (acetaminophen) at all.

Aspirin still works though.. ibuprofen too.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

As a licensed substance abuse counselor, I understand there is currently no physical dependence associated with Ibuprofen...dependence is not specifically defined only as physical...as you state, there can be a psychological dependence...and by the way, it does raise liver enzyme counts...
edit on 11/23/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ive been prescribed vicodin 10/500 4 times a day for the last 2 1/2 or 3 years. the makes dose before od for acetaminophen is 2000mgs... Wow. I'm screwed.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by studio500

I am suggesting you look into a liver cleansing program and vastly increase the amount of water you drink...I strongly suggest you consider drinking at least a quart of cranberry juice a day...this serves to flush the kidneys and can also help to detox the body...

I certainly will, and many thanks for your advice.
I think at the moment I drink too much coffee and tea and thinking about my liver perhaps I should cut both down considerably.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join