It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you preparing for the worse case scenario? (It's a question, not some weird end of the world ne

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

I've got all of Chuck Palahniuk's novels in a bag ready to go. All I need!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've got a complete bug out bag made up.

ready to grab and go within minutes.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I actually think there's a lot more preperation going on than people think.

I had a particularly telling conversation with a guy one day when he called in to work to check reference on a previous employee. Got to talking about "how's business" and such and he said he was so busy he couldn't hire people fast enough. Runs a security business putting iron on doors and such, said it was mostly doctors, lawyers... upper echeclon types but he added, "the stories these people tell about what they expect and what they're preparing for are frightening."

I find I have a conversation like this with someone at least once a month.

I've most definitely put some food stores and other "essentials" away. Figure it's cheap insurance. Even if there isn't some cataclysmic event it's protection against inflation and economic downturns. Figure if one of us loses a job or gets a cut in hours, we'll be covered on staples and be able to make any reduced earnings stretch further.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm prepared for a moderate interruption in my normal life.

I live in the country and have a garden raise chickens and I've been a prepper for years.

However, if we really have a run for the hills SHTF situation, I'm too old. I'll stay and eat my food and drink my wine.

Not everyone is going to run.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Its a matter of personal responsibility and responsibility for your family. I dont want fema the state or any relief agency to have to take care of me or my family.

Its common sense. Take care of yourself and thats one old person they can take care of instead of you. If two more do it then 2 more truly deserving can receive assistance.

its not exponential and it starts by uncoupling from the states nipple and being adults. Everyone who becomes responsible is less drag on the system when it does go sideways.

No im not doing anything different than always. have always had my stuff together and been prepped since I was 18 for home things and everything else by about 22.

Watching the markets more to try to gauge the big drop but not much else
edit on 23-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I kan Sea Ewe refer to the following web site for "Grab and Go Bag " and other essentials to have available should you need to bug out. www.safety.caltech.edu...

A lot of these things are also on the Red Cross list of must have items. But the above pdf is really comprehensive. There are also lots of other web sites that can give you lots of incite on getting ready to bug out. So do yourself a favor, make a "bug out bag" for each person in your family, including pets. Carry items essential to each person, and include some food and water. (2 gallons of water per person in hot climate per day). Make yourself a bug out checklist for anything you need for th ecar and keep all thos eitems , water, food and bug out bags, pet kennels and food and water for them, in a place where it is located together and ready to go. I don't see this as paranoid, I see this as peace of mind and prudent planning.

Linda

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lindarm

Thank you, I'll check it out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join