It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Government Threatens to Ban Use of "Jesus Christ" in Text Messages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Pakistani Government Threatens to Ban Use of "Jesus Christ" in Text Messages

Source

Pakistan’s telecommunications industry is roiling over orders from the government to ban nearly 1,700 “obscene” words from text messages, 586 in Urdu and 1,109 in English.

The state-run Pakistan Telecommunications Authority ordered mobile phone companies to impose the ban, but then delayed its implementation after word got out, prompting loads of criticism on social media websites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jihadwatch.org

tribune.com.pk
edit on 23-11-2011 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 23-11-2011 by Daedal because: Having link issues

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Pakistani government claims that the ban on the word Jesus Christ was to ensure ' respect. ' But the ban would have a unique and disproportionate potential impact on Christian users.

" If we are barred from using the words ‘Jesus Christ’ in text messages, how will we celebrate Christmas and other religious events, protested a Christian MPA on Monday. "

Source
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Lets see them ban this!

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Im not saying this is right, but
How often would christians actually use jesus christ in a text if it wasnt used as a adjective

edit on 23-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: haha had to add another mr slave video because i know christians love homosexuals

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am Catholic but GOOD!!! I hope they ban it here to, cause it's only ever used in vain.

:-/

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They're also banning the use of the phrase "athlete's foot".

I hear the anti-fungal cream activists are out in full force...
no doubt Occupying Pakistani streets as we speak.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Better go bomb the crap out of them under the notion of freeing them from an oppressive word censor...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If whitey wants to hate on brown people, just do it.

Quit hiding behind stupid crap like this.

There are other references that can be texted.

MSM loves to keep us separated and distracted.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Religion is the Opiate of the Masses . ...........I Guess Karl Marx Actually got Something Right for a Change with that Statement . Under the Infulence , Religion eventually becomes a Posion to a Sane Mind and Body........

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have a feeling one or two of the GOP candidates wouldn't mind the US banning words like 'allah' in text messages here! ::cough michelle bachmann::

...no seriously.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
By the way, I don't believe in censorship but to say "without being able to say "Jesus Christ" in text messages, how will we celebrate Christmas?!" ...is a sad state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie
I have a feeling one or two of the GOP candidates wouldn't mind the US banning words like 'allah' in text messages here! ::cough michelle bachmann::

...no seriously.

Aint that the truth.

GOP likes freedom... as long as it covers only their own narrow-minded beliefs and nobody elses.

Hypocrites.

But anyways, Jesus, Allah, Santa, Scrooge, Horus, Zeus, the Easter bunny... are all the same so whatever!
edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
some of the words are so common it seems ridiculous.

source with list
edit on 23-11-2011 by FonsoHarman because: the last link has the lists...enjoy

edit on 23-11-2011 by FonsoHarman because: the others were redundant after i found the last one

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The U.S. put the Pakistani Govt. in power
So.........

Think about it
i'm only stating fact

This is just divide and conquer puppet shows

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

Be Praised ! ......(Insert Prophet ) .

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Ha ha ha the irony-after using the terms ''whitey & brown people''.I find your use of the word whitey offensive,this I consider you hating on white people.Typical rules for some & rules for others,'positive' discrimination at its finest!You sir are a closet racist & prove the fact that it is not only a white mans disease.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClanDonnachaidh

Originally posted by zroth

Ha ha ha the irony-after using the terms ''whitey & brown people''.I find your use of the word whitey offensive,this I consider you hating on white people.Typical rules for some & rules for others,'positive' discrimination at its finest!You sir are a closet racist & prove the fact that it is not only a white mans disease.

Whatever. I am sure you'll be upset that I use the word tarded to refer to ignorant responses too. You do know that the term 'closet racist' means people don't say what they are thinking, right? News flash...It is the white ruling class that continues to single out anyone brown (Latin, African, Haitian, Arab, etc)

People need to get real and quit hiding behind social graces that lost their usefulness after royal families where found to be illegal plantation owners.
edit on 23-11-2011 by zroth because: Stating the obvious.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
They're also banning the use of the phrase "athlete's foot".

I hear the anti-fungal cream activists are out in full force...
no doubt Occupying Pakistani streets as we speak.

This just in.....
Karachi Police are wading into the crowds, liberally dispensing clean dry cotton socks and tips/advice on between toe hygiene.
This will be HUGE.

On topic its hardly an insurmountable obstacle.
For the purposes of texting, 'J.C' would probably suffice in context and would save on characters.
Or even a fish-like emoticon like the original Christians used to identify each other anonymously *
>O

EDIT:
*There are no references to texting in the New Testament and no cellphones have been found in Roman catacombs.........yet.
edit on 23-11-2011 by HumansEh because: Historical/Biblical clarification

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FonsoHarman

some of the words are so common it seems ridiculous.

source with list
edit on 23-11-2011 by FonsoHarman because: the last link has the lists...enjoy

edit on 23-11-2011 by FonsoHarman because: the others were redundant after i found the last one

I just read the list with George Carlin's voice in my head. ROTFLMAO!!!

DO IT!

ETA: I am SO gonna do a segment on this.

edit on 11/23/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It doesn't appear that this will stifle communication except for those that want to buy antifungals and those with relatives in Niger. [Likely a racial insult for the spelling challenged]. A tempest in a teapot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join