It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who are some of the biggest supporters of Ron Paul? U.S. government workers and employees of t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know, I couldn't believe it myself, it doesn't make any sense. But take a look at this:

www.washingtonpost.com...

That is truly a paradox...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Guess the people who realise how bad the government is are the ones closest to the stench.
or the people who actually open their eyes because its staring us all in the face..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe because the federal workers realize how corrupt their employer is?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

That to me is Inspiring because Most of them will become Unemployed if President Paul sticks to his Idea of Downsizing the Federal Goverment . I was not aware there were so Many " Closet Patriots " on the Goverment Payroll ...........Bravo !

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why wouldn't it make sense if these people have to see the government in action everyday?
edit on 23-11-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by alomaha

That to me is Inspiring because Most of them will become Unemployed if President Paul sticks to his Idea of Downsizing the Federal Goverment . I was not aware there were so Many " Closet Patriots " on the Goverment Payroll ...........Bravo !

Yep, exactly. I really salute to those people, they are very well aware that if Paul wins many of them will lose their jobs yet they would still vote for him in spite of that... Truly amazing. I guess they must be really sick and tired of all that hypocrisy and corruption that goes on over there. They see it every day and they can't take it anymore...they want somebody to release them from their misery...
edit on 23-11-2011 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Federal employees are the most coddled class in America outside from the Banksters. They can be fired, but it is very very hard. They do not have to turn a profit. All they have to do is spend more every year than the year before. They love TDY and "conferences" at Vegas and all over the Florida beaches. And when they are done ripping of the tax payers as feds they go work for the rip of artist contractors they were supposed to be overseeing as feds-and then back again when they get close to retirement.

Edit
Lose their jobs? Ha. Remember when Clinton downsized government? Know how that happened? It cost a fortune in buyouts. It was through attrition and not rehiring into empty positions. That is how Paul or anyone else would do it. But those positions do not just go away. They become contractor positions at twice the price. what a bargain. And the contractor positions are easier to play politics with, as they equate to big money in the posckets of big corps. Nice.
edit on 23-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by alomaha

Exactly!!!

This is amazing because these are the people who could easily find themselves unemployed due to a Paul Presidency. This to me, speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alomaha
I know, I couldn't believe it myself, it doesn't make any sense. But take a look at this:

www.washingtonpost.com...

That is truly a paradox...

Why is it a paradox? I ask this in earnest and with great curiosity. Is it because the general stereotype of a governmental worker is the desire to grow government? To loot the treasury? To get what is theirs until it is all to be had?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No, it's simply a desire not to lose a job. Simple as that. Unless you think it is natural to have that desire.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

I'm a State Govt worker. I can guarantee that there is still a ton of waste going on in government. We are slow to react, we are always behind the times, and we do not recruit, hire, or maintain the highest quality workforce. The types of workers that gravitate to government work are not the cream of the crop.

Ron Paul's ideas are good for America. Even government workers can understand this. If many of the government functions are privatized it means higher paying jobs, better promotion potential based on skill instead of seniority, and more benefit to the average citizen.

I don't think it is a paradox at all. I think it is evidence of the genius and common sense in his plans!

top topics

join