It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving-Black Friday is a sham

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

Okay so yea, cruelty to turkeys.. found a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and heres a link to the actual cruelty. Link

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

yeah the turkey thing is what gets me. lets give thanks. and kill 50 million turkeys. Mankinds got whats coming to them i say. No wonder cancer is so brutal.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Understood Vardoger. I'm to the point of being underwhelmed regarding holidays - pretty much have been since age 13. Our family now gets presents for the children, but that's it. That took out a lot of stress. Seems like just another day to me. And Black Friday??? No Thanks!!

PS: Gotta love "As God is my witness.... I thought turkeys could fly!"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Some form of galactic karma I suppose, but they will get theres. But to keep this on topic, aren't some just so ignorant to all of this? The spending cycle during this time of year, I'm sure the poultry industry and TPTB love it! Haven't we just been so flooded and as an earlier poster put it, programmed so much; that it's almost as though we have no freedom or choice? Imagine the effectiveness in what they achieved. They've achieved a solid month of SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND. From Friday until Christmas.

They've turned us into starving barbarians, except we're starving for crap made from China. Man what gives. We're better than this!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Most of you are considerably lucky because you can just turn off your televisions and vice versa to escape all of the advertisements. I'm still in high school and our news cast has been encouraging all of the students to attend the Black Friday festivities because "It's the coolest thing to do with your friends" and "You can get the latest technology that will become obsolete within three months!". So of course, almost all of the sheep have been drooling over all of the commercials.

It's rather pathetic how simple it is to be indoctrinated so young...

Then again, the older generations have become more cynical and jaded, so the only hope for our lovely corporations is to target my mindless generation and fill them with the joy of materialism. Just remember who you are handing the keys to the world over to.

God bless America!

Sorry for rambling.
edit on 23-11-2011 by xKhaosXREVolutionXx because: No reason

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, in my home, me and my wife, are just going to do the santa claus for our son. As far as gifts, me and the wife, are just happy to keep this house we have, and manage to keep some extra cash in the bank... Xmas, in the old days was about people making things for one another, or actually giving things to those we love, to try to make their lives better.. NOW in 2011, its a complete mess, we have commercials telling us we have to go out a midnight, or as soon as possible, to go out and buy garbage.. Whats funny, is the gullible, even almost my wife fell for it, are ready to go out and stampede, for $hit, sorry ats, they think they need...

the same thing will happen in February of 2012, as they always do, the creditors will start calling, and a year later, the summons to court...

lets learn from our mistakes...

Be sure to love your loved ones, the kids, well hit up the big lots, or the dollar store and just buy them lotsa cheap toys, they can unwrap this year, and take lotsa pictures..

Me and the wife watched a video tonight, of the past 4 years, its our anniversary and they grow up quick...

IF you want my personal opinion, life is 10 times harder now, then it was in 2008....

I am going thru cash faster now then ever...

Black Friday, is sucker bait....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

Yep.. jamming it down your throats.. but try turning some of your friends on to alternative views! Wake them up.. or attempt to.. And I give you mad props for being ahead of the pack. Glad you're awake my friend!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Thanks for your input.
You said an entire mouthful when you said "Black Friday, is sucker bait.... " The whole holiday spend spend spend season is really.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would alternate between thanksgiving between my two grandparent. The first ones were very traditional no T.V dinner by candles family form all over. It was amazing food. The second was a kinda of buffet deal, just grab the food from the kitchen talk to the family watch t.v play games have fun. Anyways always like thanksgiving and Christmas. So who cares what thanksgiving was, it matters what it is now. Food and family. As for black Friday, honestly don't give a crap about it, to busy spending time with my family.
edit on 11/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Consumerism has been Programed into all of us . Canadian and American alike . Sublimital Training since Birth to Cosume and Keep the Money Flowing taking Advantage of Any National Holiday to Move the Wealth around . I am so Sick of it , but how can it be Finally Ended ? ..........

edit on 23-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Yeah I believe it's gotta be ended as well. The only thing that I think might have the most effectiveness if one doesn't have a better plan would be to be the example to follow and make sure others see you do it. You'll stick out for being different, but so what. I do this every day. The trick is not to do it too much. I also think that if you shower people with love while having the expression of anti-consumerism, it will go much farther. So good point.

I can't back it up, but I think gift giving started out when folks were getting impoverished in the dead of winter and those that were strong would help the weak. Then it just transformed into something perverse as it is now.

The best we can do is change inside..or rather...bring what's inside into the open.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hiasyouwant

I was speaking of the gift giving part at Christmas in my family, but the other traditions during this "Gift giving season" also known as "spell" other traditions seem to be following as well. Hell, Jewish people have 12 days of it.

But Jews as well as non-Christians believe Jesus to be just a man and not the Son of God so why shouldn't they have 12 days of gifts as part of their own celebrations of a religious holiday?

Are you a Jehovah's Witness? If not, you should become one because they never give presents or cards at Christmas either.

I never understood the Black Friday thing anyway. I mean, in the UK we don't have a special day like that, traditionally our biggest retail hit is the saturday before Christmas when people can shop and get last minute things such as food, gifts etc on a non-working day.

Now the New Year Sales when you can get a couch for £200 instead of £1,300 or something like that......that's where it's at.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Thanks for proving a point that religion is massively tied into this cycle of spending they've got us in.

Both Judaism and Christianity.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Consumerism has been Programed into all of us . Canadian and American alike . Sublimital Training since Birth to Cosume and Keep the Money Flowing taking Advantage of Any National Holiday to Move the Wealth around . I am so Sick of it , but how can it be Finally Ended ? ..........

edit on 23-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Yeah I believe it's gotta be ended as well. The only thing that I think might have the most effectiveness if one doesn't have a better plan would be to be the example to follow and make sure others see you do it. You'll stick out for being different, but so what. I do this every day. The trick is not to do it too much. I also think that if you shower people with love while having the expression of anti-consumerism, it will go much farther. So good point.

I can't back it up, but I think gift giving started out when folks were getting impoverished in the dead of winter and those that were strong would help the weak. Then it just transformed into something perverse as it is now.

The best we can do is change inside..or rather...bring what's inside into the open.

gift giving has become perverted....

More pieces of crap are judging one another on how quickly they can go broke, or borrow, to make mommy and daddy, love them more with the whatever stupid arse materialistic gift, which most times embaresses and gives guilt to those receiving it..

I agree with family and Xmas, but dont go broke of presents....
My family asks for practical things likes a movie, or a video game. etc. etc.

nothing to go out rushing the stampede at midnight tonight, like morons...

Xmas will cost me maybe 100-200 bucs this year and that is ok...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I figured this image was appropriate

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I took advantage of black friday to stock up on survival gear. Home Depot had AA and AAA batteries, buy 30 and get 30 free for $10. thats 60 batteries for $10. or 17 cents per battery after tax. Not bad!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think that changing Black Friday Early AM to Black Thursday (Thanksgiving) Night was the "tipping point".

<< 1   >>

join