It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lily the Blind Great Dane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Did a search for this, couldn't find a story on it. If there is sorry.

This article is about a blind Great Dane that has a friend, Maddison, another Great Dane that acts as her guide dog and how they found a new home after their previous owner had to get rid of them.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I though it was a pretty nice story and just goes to show how truly compassionate and loyal animals can be. We can all learn from them.
Especially for tomorrow when having to deal with relatives!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've read of Lily before, but don't believe so on ATS. It's a very touching story an needs to be shared.
I've had experience with blind canines, even geriatric ones. It's amazing how they learn to navigate their surroundings through smell and memory and even moreso learning new obstacles presented.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Very good post! When I was little, we had a black pekingese named Kim, and by the time she was 12, she was blind as a bat. She was still in good health if a bit grumpy, and mom had bought a cocker spaniel for the family one christmas. turns out the spaniel would lead Kim by the ear outside when it was time to go out, and she'd lead her back in as well. I think that the spaniel was more Kim's pet than ours!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Any thread about doggies instantly gets my attention.
I agree and I often say, "the world will be a better place when we stop acting like humans and start acting more like animals"!
Star and flag
Doggies rock.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Star for you for summing it up! "Doggies Rock"
Even when they are making a huge mess, hence my avatar! LOL

Thanks for replying everyone!

top topics

join