It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's Someone Watching!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
when i'm more relaxed, or when i'm doing nothing, but staring in front of the computer, i use to have a very unconfortable feeling that i'm being watched, or that there is something behinde me. nowadays i can live on with this feeling, however, when a child, i used to be very scared, but i never saw a thing. this was not just a normal childish fear, because at the moment i can steal feel it, but i can control or avoid it, by making noise, listening music, by singing, and, mainly, by trying not to think at it. i've seen something on tv about the magnetic fields created by electronical devices, such as an alarme clock, that could generate that sensation of "not being alone". well, i realy don�t know.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've found that whenever I feel like someone is watching me, there is usually someone watching me. An example: I was babysitting when I was about 17 and was watching Inspector Gadget with a 5 yr old before he went to bed. The place was set up with a little grouping of furniture over by the fireplace, with the sofa back to the rest of the room used as a play area. My back was also to a set of glass sliding doors. All of a sudden I had the weirdest feeling, and all the hair stood up on my body. I KNEW someone was watching me - turned around, and there was a man standing at the window watching me and the kid. Unfortunately, he wasn't just watching
Anyway.. took off with the kid, locked him in his room (he could get out, I could get in with a key) and told him I had to call my mom about something so he wouldn't know something was up and called police.

From now on, I always trust my instinct. Whenever I get that feeling, I turn around and look, and it's usually someone just looking my way or a friend to say hello.

As for electronic devices, I swear I can feel my wireless router and the FM transmitter I put on my iPod. Doesn't make me feel watched so much as cooked

As for your feelings - always been in the same house? Does it have a history? Spirits, perhaps?

[edit on 5-9-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I usually only get that feeling when I'm reading posts like this

I've had that feeling before though, and 99% of the time, when I turn around I was dead on...somebody really was there....but in truth, I know nothing about the paranormal - I've never had any experience in that department...but I would say, just go with what you feel and react the way you feel most naturaly prone to act - Don't let it affect you in a negative way...

BTW...Did you mean for your screen-name to be "Faulkner?"...I love his stuff....

[edit on 9/5/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon

As for electronic devices, I swear I can feel my wireless router and the FM transmitter I put on my iPod. Doesn't make me feel watched so much as cooked

As for your feelings - always been in the same house? Does it have a history? Spirits, perhaps?

[edit on 5-9-2004 by RedBalloon]

hi there,

well you realy must have a pretty powerful instinct to feel your wireless router.

no, do not have this feeling just in this house, when i am alone at my flat i also feel some sort of presence, but that only happens when i'm alone in it (ususaly i live there with to friends, we are studying at the university). at my country house, the house where i grew up, and a house that have been built my parents (with no weird story linked to it), i always feel it, no matter there is someone of my family in the house or not. i just need to be more relaxed to have that feeling. i mean, i just need to be doing nothing, simply sit on the sofa watching TV.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I usually only get that feeling when I'm reading posts like this

I've had that feeling before though, and 99% of the time, when I turn around I was dead on...somebody really was there....but in truth, I know nothing about the paranormal - I've never had any experience in that department...but I would say, just go with what you feel and react the way you feel most naturaly prone to act - Don't let it affect you in a negative way...

BTW...Did you mean for your screen-name to be "Faulkner?"...I love his stuff....

[edit on 9/5/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

yeh. i think that some of the posts have that effect. at the beginning, when i start visiting this site, i got kinda freaked out with some "prophecies and predictions", but now i'm cool with it

why Faulkner?, i can't remember that name. where you refering to the writer?. Falkner just sounded right and cool

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
this sort of thing has only happened to me after extended periods of being on the computer, when its really late aswell, and sometimes when im really tired. except in my case i swear that i can see dark shadows move in the corners of my eyes. weird huh. dfh out.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That is the same way with me I am on the computer all day and night and I swear that I see shadows and people move out of the corner of my eye the other night I heard loud commotion coming from my kitchen at like 3:00am I went in there and nothing was moved and nothing changed it was scary

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
yep. that shadow thing is weird. i read something about the shadows-man in a thread posted a few weeks ago, but i have no opinion. when i'm realy tired i use to see a white cat running at the corner of my eye. however, i realy have a white cat, so i think it is just a reflex, i never paid much attention to it.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
wow, the fact that im not the only one makes it all even more intriguing... and yet scary at the same time. it could just have to do with one being really tired. maybe the shadows are just a reflex of the min, to try and get one to sleep, by reducing peripheral vision, thus the apparent darkness. or it could just be your average shadow monster, who knows?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i think the tirediness of the sight can induce to see things or situations that realy don�t exist. i remember a couple years ago after finishing the final exams, i was so tired, that i instinctively made reflex movements. for instance, i remember one situation, when i had a glass of water in the table right in front of me and, i don't know why, when i turn my face to a side i saw that glass falling down the table, so i try to catch it, but it realy was not falling, so with that movement, i ended by throwing it away

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
tell it to stop. tell it to leave you alone. i did somn similar today.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
when i stay up at night and play the computer i swear i can hear 4 people in my backyard but when i look nothing is there but the sound is still there.......scares the crap out of me so i hide under my covers

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
when i stay up at night and play the computer i swear i can hear 4 people in my backyard but when i look nothing is there but the sound is still there.......scares the crap out of me so i hide under my covers

well, but that's exactly the point: i don�t hear or see a thing, and i gave te pc example, however it also happens when i lie on my couch. if it happens just when i am in the computer i could think it was something to do with being to much time in front of the screen or listening to music. but i kinda got used to it anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hmm, the thing that comes to mind is focus on a lamp somewhere in your room for 10-30 seconds then suddenly look to your side, do you notice the birght outline of the very same lamp?

With a PC monitor being a light source but not nearly as bright, perhaps it does the same thing at a lesser level over time.

I know myself I get the PC thing too, but I just dismiss it as tricks of light and my eyes trying to adjust after the strain of concentrating.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I remember once i was in the car with my dad, on the motorway and we had been driving a while it was daylight, i was quite tired though as i remember i had not had much sleep, when all of a sudden i shouted " WATCH THAT HORSE DAD" and he shouts at me " what bloody horse you idiot you nearly made me crash!!

Lol, there was nothing there i just got a vision of a horse, i dont think it was a ghost or anything just tricks on my eyes, really weird though how your eyes see things like that, also i sometimes see things fly past my head when i am tired.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Try this,
Turn your monitor off and what do you see?
You are being watched it is your reflection in the monitor.
So whenever you are on the P.C. you are watching yourself.

That�s what I think anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
* turns monitor off*
who is that looking back....*shivers in fear* LOL Oh look silly billy its ME
God that is scary HA HA

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Erm, I don't mean to sound weird when I ask this, but this is something I experience alot. Do any of you whilst laying in bed see white lights passing you at the side of your eyes, that when you look at directly appear as nothing?

And no my house is not haunted, but I have pictures in my house that show ghosts in them, if that means anything

If any of you know info about this and I mean you really know ALOT about ghosts and the paranormal, could you please pm me, because I don't really want to talk about this in front of everyone - I'd like to talk with somebody 1 to 1 who can help me out, this has been happening quite a long time and I find it quite disturbing, thanks.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Thao]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Hmm, the thing that comes to mind is focus on a lamp somewhere in your room for 10-30 seconds then suddenly look to your side, do you notice the birght outline of the very same lamp?

With a PC monitor being a light source but not nearly as bright, perhaps it does the same thing at a lesser level over time.

I know myself I get the PC thing too, but I just dismiss it as tricks of light and my eyes trying to adjust after the strain of concentrating.

-ADHDsux4me

i see no shadows, and i hear no sounds, i just feel i'm being silently guarded.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by switchblade
Try this,
Turn your monitor off and what do you see?
You are being watched it is your reflection in the monitor.
So whenever you are on the P.C. you are watching yourself.

That�s what I think anyway.

sorry, i have a LCD display which erases any reflexes. and once again i must say i do not need to be in front of a screen, it was just an example. i only need to be lied on bed. but it is something that doesn't bother me, i just ignore it. however it is weird.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join