It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian no-fly zone to spur WWIII?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It looks like this no-fly zone instituted by the Arab League is actually going to happen. Zerohedge is reporting the US is docking an aircraft carrier off the Syrian coast and our embassy has urged everyone to get out.

The theory by zero hedge is interesting...could we be forcing Iran to make a preemptive move to give us the clear excuse to attack? Either way, I suspect other world powers (i.e. Russia) will intervene, leading to a hopefully not ash white Christmas for us all....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

I always felt that Russia (the government of), seemed to forever take whatever stance available against us, since the very beginning. It seemed through the last 20 years that Ive taken note, that they always stay on the sideline that stands against us. Everything that we appear to do to stay out of harms way, or any actions that we wish to put against a country in attempt to try and keep the world from going fallout, Russia and China always seem to be the ones that takes the side of the deadliest of our enemies.

What gives? Does Russia do this to perhaps dumble down the US for it's own stratigic wargames or do they do it to prevent us from taking action, all the while knowing that action will be taken against us by these rogue countries? Russia seems to be the big bully that tries to hold ya down why the lil guy beats on ya.

Putin claims his christianity, but all the while doing everything possible to keep anyone from attacking them, knowing full well that that crazy bastard will do once he has his hands on a launchable rocket!

I always believed Russia was secretly helping push what we have world wide today.. Instability. Is this Russia's way of getting even or are they going for the lable as the most powerful?

The new axis or the new allie?

Russia
China
North Korea
Pakistan
and others...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by behindthescenes

I always felt that Russia (the government of), seemed to forever take whatever stance available against us, since the very beginning. It seemed through the last 20 years that Ive taken note, that they always stay on the sideline that stands against us. Everything that we appear to do to stay out of harms way, or any actions that we wish to put against a country in attempt to try and keep the world from going fallout, Russia and China always seem to be the ones that takes the side of the deadliest of our enemies.

What gives? Does Russia do this to perhaps dumble down the US for it's own stratigic wargames or do they do it to prevent us from taking action, all the while knowing that action will be taken against us by these rogue countries? Russia seems to be the big bully that tries to hold ya down why the lil guy beats on ya.

Putin claims his christianity, but all the while doing everything possible to keep anyone from attacking them, knowing full well that that crazy bastard will do once he has his hands on a launchable rocket!

I always believed Russia was secretly helping push what we have world wide today.. Instability. Is this Russia's way of getting even or are they going for the lable as the most powerful?

The new axis or the new allie?

Russia
China
North Korea
Pakistan
and others...
Well look at it this way and it's quite simple... If China and Russia were poking their noses and military into most countries around the world how would the USA react?

Best chance at peace in this world is if everyone just kept their noses out and worried about looking after their own countries instead of inflicting their morals and laws on others who dont want it.

I know this is sounding like a "bash the USA" rant but in actual fact I love America, I just hate your foreign policy.

If there are 3 super powers and one is getting more than it's 3rd of power, it follows naturally that eventually it will need more and more resources to sustain itself, so where is that going to come from? That's right.. from one of the others.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Russia will sell Iran and Syria weapons and stand aside when the bombs start flying. But as for world bullies, who has bombed the hell out of everyone for the past several decades? Why the US, of course. They murder for oil and other resources to prop up their forever spiraling debt. They kill crowds of people and call it collateral damage. Their infrastructure is crumbling, but they out spend the next highest military spendor, China, by a multiple of 7.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Absolutly. We're always in a constant 3way tug of war. Sadly, China and Russia are together on this.

It's a really bad case of "who's gonna be the big guy". It reminds me of old gangster movies. I think it'll get to a point to where shoulder shoving wont be enough between countries. It will come down to blows. But the blows wont come from the obvious one. It will most definatly come from a 3rd world country so tracks will be covered. Hell, toss one big nuke on just one country, and they'll be enough confusion to plunge the whole world into the tank.

Indeed... Very scary times we are living in. But hey... Least we get to the last ones and see it all go down, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
Russia will sell Iran and Syria weapons and stand aside when the bombs start flying. But as for world bullies, who has bombed the hell out of everyone for the past several decades? Why the US, of course. They murder for oil and other resources to prop up their forever spiraling debt. They kill crowds of people and call it collateral damage. Their infrastructure is crumbling, but they out spend the next highest military spendor, China, by a multiple of 7.

Oh dont pull that...!

The US and every single other country involved.... The US isnt the only country in existance that's done this. We've only done it for less than the last 75 years. Countries that have been around thousands of years have done no less to their neighbors. Dont paint the US as the only issue here. Russia, China, North Korea, and other commie countries are just as much to blame. Remember... We didnt start the world wars. We were attacked first. Dont use the last 50 years of stupidity in war as a justification to show the US less than anyone else. Every single country in this world would do the same, with the same firepower... Hell, At least we havnt tried to take over the world yet... Had Hitler owned the technology we have now, or even at the end of the war, he would have done far worse. To be honest, there probably wouldnt be a person alive above ground this very day, had it been so. At least we lasted this long without burning the earth of all life. Just because there are greedy bastards doing this and they are known as from the US, how is it any diffrent than any other country doing it? Oh yeah... The big guy gets the blame of course. That's how it works, right? A thousand devils and only satan himself is singled out.

So far as I can tell, we didnt destroy the earth yet... We may do it one day.. But till then... We're not guilty of it. As it goes now... All signs point to Iran/Syria with the help and motivation of China/Russia, NOT the US, that willl start this war.
edit on 23-11-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Oh dont pull that...!

The US and every single other country involved. The US isnt the only country in existance that's done this. We've only dont it for less than the last 75 years. Countries that have been around thousands of years have done no less to their neighbors. Dont plain the US as the only issue here. Russia, China, North Korea, and other commie countries are just as much to blame. Remember... We didnt start the world wars. We were attacked first. Dont use the last 50 years of stupidity in war as a justification to show the US less than anyone else. Every single country in this world would do the same, with the same firepower... Hell, At least we havnt tried to take over the world yet... Had Hitler owned the technology we have now, or even at the end of the war, he would have done far worse. To be honest, there probably wouldnt be a person alive above ground this very day, had it been so. At least we lasted this long without burning the earth of all life.

We may do it one day.. But till then... We're not guilty of it.
Well then, we wont mention the only country in the world to have used nukes in anger....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Oh dont pull that...!

The US and every single other country involved. The US isnt the only country in existance that's done this. We've only dont it for less than the last 75 years. Countries that have been around thousands of years have done no less to their neighbors. Dont plain the US as the only issue here. Russia, China, North Korea, and other commie countries are just as much to blame. Remember... We didnt start the world wars. We were attacked first. Dont use the last 50 years of stupidity in war as a justification to show the US less than anyone else. Every single country in this world would do the same, with the same firepower... Hell, At least we havnt tried to take over the world yet... Had Hitler owned the technology we have now, or even at the end of the war, he would have done far worse. To be honest, there probably wouldnt be a person alive above ground this very day, had it been so. At least we lasted this long without burning the earth of all life.

We may do it one day.. But till then... We're not guilty of it.
Well then, we wont mention the only country in the world to have used nukes in anger....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cmon, you know we had to wrap that up. If not, more lives would have been lost and more nukes made.. we wouldnt be here today. Every bit of those folx were warned prior to and had ample time to get out. Though, I guess going against the emporer at that time would have meant death anyways. I dont see how it could be any more or less vile on either side. The emporer had those people divebombing planes into ships on daily suicide missions. It's possible we saved more lives that way, considering...

We were not the only ones who had the knowledge. We just happen to build it first. The guys that tried had gotten kicked to hell and back by this time. Russia was only a theft away from their own plans.

But once again.. we just happend to have it first. Hitler would have done FAR worse with this technology.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I havent seen a single reliable news source say that a no fly zone over Syria is immenent. Not going to worry until i do and until then its just more ATS'ers jumping the gun with no facts.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wasn't this supposed to have been voted on by now?

I couldn't find anything on it...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Because nothing is going to happen!! This is all just stuff posted by Infowars.com, RT, Sorcha Faal etc. Lets have a real discussion about a Syrian no fly zone once the MSM reports it then we know it is imminent. Until then its all ATS BS.

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Wasn't this supposed to have been voted on by now?

I couldn't find anything on it...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Why does everyone think that a world war would just start due to NATO taking out Assad?

RUSSIA ARE TOO POOR....and China are not ready yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Guess Iran, is off the table then?????

english.farsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join