It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest thing happens when I meditate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The infrastructure in my house makes a loud pop/crack sound.

I have been experiencing this for a while. I've come to the conclusion that it's not the wind blowing against my house and it's not a change in temperature of the walls or ceiling in my house.

My analysis is based on the fact that it usually always coincides with my mind shifting from one state to another. I use the term state to refer to the degree of silence or absence of thought and the density of the thoughts in my head. I hear the crack when I move into a place in my mind where there are less thoughts and I become quieter in my head.

And if I get to a point in my meditation where I feel like my mind is expanded and spatial distance and size have no meaning, then it becomes louder and there is usually a cluster of pops. This is definitely directly connected to the fact that I am meditating.

What is it? Why does it happen? What are the implications?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Have someone else with you. If it is heard by others, you may be very powerful.
If it is in your head only, then it may be a sign that you are transitioning to a higher state of conciousness.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just playing devils advocate, but maybe the house cracks all the time, and you only notice it because you have quieted your mind?

If that's not it, you've got a darn good grasp on meditation, keep it up!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The same thing exactly happens to me, too when I meditate. I have thought about it and I came to the conclusion that it might have to do with the energy of our mind. Sometimes, it also happens when I think of something important and it is sort of like an answer to my thoughts...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
Just playing devils advocate, but maybe the house cracks all the time, and you only notice it because you have quieted your mind?

The house does crack even when I'm not meditating. That originally led me to believe that it was just a coincidence. However, upon further investigation, the coincidences were too common. The house doesn't crack 'all the time', just sometimes when the weather is changing (changes in atmospheric pressure) or when the wind is blowing or when the temperature is changing. Sometimes it happens when I'm meditating and there is no weather. But it usually always happens when I meditate. I have monitored the popping sounds to observe the frequency of occurences. Comparing the frequency of non-meditative occurrences to the frequency of meditative occurrences, I have come to the conclusion that it can be directly caused by my meditation.

If that's not it, you've got a darn good grasp on meditation, keep it up!!

I have the same biological make-up as any other person. Since my meditation has this effect, so can anyone else's. This should definitely be looked into further and the implications should be considered.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Have someone else with you. If it is heard by others, you may be very powerful.
If it is in your head only, then it may be a sign that you are transitioning to a higher state of conciousness.

It is definitely external. If that sound happened in my head, I'd probably be dead. I'd at least feel it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Where is sound being experienced? Can it ever be experienced 'over there'? Or is it always 'here'?
Is there an exterior and interior to experiencing?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Where is sound being experienced? Can it ever be experienced 'over there'? Or is it always 'here'?
Is there an exterior and interior to experiencing?

Technically, it is all here. But defining it otherwise from a separative viewpoint, it happens in my ceiling and walls.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The mind is like a complete other world, literally (at least in my experience, you perceive space and change(time)). Maybe you need to fix the mental pipes in your mental house?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that it can be directly caused by my meditation.

You noticed a potential pattern. You thought about it and payed closer attention to see if there really was any pattern to it. You labeled it. These are the precursors to experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swim2themoon

What is the significance of a pattern to experience?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You're calmer and more focussed so u notice this normal crack n pop more? Best guess
Or your energy is shooting upwards n literally acting as a physical force on the ceiling second best guess

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainychica

You're calmer and more focussed so u notice this normal crack n pop more? Best guess
Or your energy is shooting upwards n literally acting as a physical force on the ceiling second best guess

My guess is that all is intimately connected as one. So somehow, my mind is interacting with the field.

new topics

top topics

join