It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dmitry Medvedev, Russia President, Says Missiles May Target U.S. Missile Defense Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Dmitry Medvedev, Russia President, Says Missiles May Target U.S. Missile Defense Sites

www.huffingtonpost.com

MOSCOW — Russia's president threatened on Wednesday to deploy missiles to target the U.S. missile shield in Europe if Washington fails to assuage Moscow's concerns about its plans, a harsh warning that reflected deep cracks in U.S.-Russian ties despite President Barack Obama's efforts to "reset" relations with the Kremlin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.cbsnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russia threatens nuclear build-up over U.S. missile shield

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is most recent escalation in the sabre rattling between Russia and the US. This missle sheild has been a matter of contention for years, yet somehow it is important enough to the Military Industrial Complex that it continues to risk nuclear war with the Russian Federation. Perhaps it is all diplomatic theater to raise tensions so more funding can be appropriated to the militaries of each side, which is good for business. Bad if you cant handle the threat of nuclear annihilation, real or otherwise.
Hopefully though this is just a distraction, and not a hint of what's to come.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2011 by dashen because: space

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
OOps. ALready posted. Better search beter next time.

DELETE THIS THREAD MODS

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
want to hear a news shock. nuclear missiles are already targeting every major city in america, even if a country denies it.

every nuclear country has already pre selected targets for every scenario. in nuclear war seconds count. no nation can afford to be fumbling around with targets, programming guidance systems debating which cities to strike etc.

so you can be sure england has america targeted and vice versa. france has both england and the u.s. locked in.

russia has china, the u.s. and pretty much everybody with a nuclear warhead in the crosshairs.

and guaranteed china has missile locks on new york and washington.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees the irony of targeting anti-missile emplacements with missiles?

Is that even a threat? isn't that like threatening to hose down my water proof watch?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I see your point but no, the anti-missile systems are placed with an eye toward the missile going over their heads toward the US - if the missile is aimed at the anti-missile systems, the only near-foolproof way to prevent their destruction is to have an anti-missile system covering the anti-missile system

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
want to hear a news shock. nuclear missiles are already targeting every major city in america, even if a country denies it.

every nuclear country has already pre selected targets for every scenario. in nuclear war seconds count. no nation can afford to be fumbling around with targets, programming guidance systems debating which cities to strike etc.

so you can be sure england has america targeted and vice versa. france has both england and the u.s. locked in.

russia has china, the u.s. and pretty much everybody with a nuclear warhead in the crosshairs.

and guaranteed china has missile locks on new york and washington.

/Yawn. More fear mongering. You are right though, well half right. Only countries that have the capability of launching missles that can actually reach the U.S. are of any threat unless they drive their submarines up to our coasts and launch there but we have our own S.A.M. sites and patriot missles guarding us. So in effect unless they have hundreds of submarines off our coast and launching all at the same time, nothing to worry about. It'll be like watching the fourth of July and then the radiation will blow towards europe and then what? Dead europeans.

Launching high yield nukes is a waste of time unless you like killing yourself along with whoever youre trying to kill. Only a fool would ever consider using the ones we got now because they make the Fat Boy look like a firecracker compared to a pound of plastique explosive, or a suicidal fool looking to sacrifice some humans to Allah.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I read this on google news a few minutes ago. Seems the Russians, even thought they are being a bit awkward about the missile defense shield, are looking pas the next couple of years.

So they can't be planning a showdown with the United States over the Iran Issue.

Just thought i would add this.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Am I the only one that sees the irony of targeting anti-missile emplacements with missiles?

Is that even a threat? isn't that like threatening to hose down my water proof watch?

True, but they still have those gunships that can fly under the radar and knock out the missle defense grid.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think the term "Target"...

Is a little different than "attack"

just a little posturing
edit on 23-11-2011 by wrathchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
building mirrors one energy at a time- SMH

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
building mirrors one energy at a time- SMH

They are all lunatics, every one of them.

More missles huh, well where are they going to get the money to pay for them, oh, I forgot, reducing pensions, raising the retirement age etc etc etc.

These clowns have to be voted out on a world wide basis, every last one of these warmongers has to go.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I read this on google news a few minutes ago. Seems the Russians, even thought they are being a bit awkward about the missile defense shield, are looking pas the next couple of years.

So they can't be planning a showdown with the United States over the Iran Issue.

Just thought i would add this.

Well if you look at a map Iran is very close to Russia, so if America or NATO for that matter takes over Iran it would be almost game over and a no win for Russia, then they may try a re counter attack and re capture the states owned by NATO/America.

new topics

top topics

join