It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience with dream masks or brainwaive entrainment software to help with lucid dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with using the following devices to help with experiencing lucid dreams?

1. NovaDreamer, REM Dreamer, or Dreamstar dream induction masks that supposedly alert you during REM sleep by lights and/or sounds so that you will know you are dreaming? (Also are these the only legitimate masks available for purchase?)

2. Free android apps like "Binural Beats", "Lucid Dreamer" or "Lucid Dreamcatcher" that supposedly produce binural frequencies picked up by your brain to either help facilitate lucid dreams or alert you when you are dreaming?

3. Other computer software like Liquid Dream III, Brainwaive Generator, or SBaGen that functions similar to #2?

I can't find very many reviews on the dream induction masks, and was curious if the free software basically performs the same functions as the $200-300 masks. Also curious as to whether any of the above legitimately help.
edit on 23-11-2011 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ive used Binural Beats on my Iphone for some time, I have yet to have a true lucid experience, however I have had insanely long dreams with them.

One example was the first time I used them I had a dream that felt like I lived a whole normal week (It was weird because it was normal, when I woke up I was very confused)

There was one bad experience I had with them where I believe it induced sleep paralysis (something I had never exp before, very disturbing)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

I have used brainwave entrainment cd's for years. I find them very relaxing and the biggest benifit I got was permanent relief of clinical depression. No meds. I have not had an episode of severe depression in over two years now. Of course I have been sad but normal sad, not the deep deep sadness of before. I sleep better but I also sleep a lot fewer hours than before. I am fully rested with just 6 hours. The cd's bring your brainwaves way down to the delta level which is where you are during normal sleep and with that you actually benifit like you've had a nice long nap and you can get that in 20 minutes or less.
When I first purchased these cd's ( I have 6 different levels) I did a lot of research to see if there were any drawbacks but I could not find anything negative at all about them.
edit on 23-11-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. I was really hoping more people had tried some of these options to see how well they work

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

I have done some experiments with such Apps, both on Android and iOS. I never could find anything decent on Android unless you paid for it. I found quite a few on iOS though including one that I paid about $1.99 for after reading rave reviews. They do help sometimes, but it's more important to meditate than rely on such sources solely. They're a fun supplement though to act as boosters.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

Just posted this to another thread but it's even more revelant here

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Gumerk

There's a link in my signature for a binaural beat meditation soundtrack called "Bach to the Future" which "entrains" your brainwave pattern from alpha to theta and then delta. If you listen to that for a half hour or so, and then do a "just sitting" meditation, you'll be in a target brainwave pattern that only the most experienced of meditators are able to achieve from a lifetime of daily practice. Consider it a kickstart bootstrap to an extremely deep meditative state. In my experience it's the most powerful of the BB tracks I've tried and I've been using the best for over three years now, including Hemisync from Monroe Institute and Holosync from Bill Harris' Centerpointe Institute. The Bach one I comissioned a fellow ATS'r to develop, and then made it available for free on the net through zshare. It also contains, aside from the ocean waves, and the binaural beat track (which sounds like a humming in the background), the Schumann resonance haromonic frequency, which is the EMF of the Earth (to maintain grounding). As far as I'm concerned there's nothing like it, nothing as good that is.

To be a meditator, you need the mind fo a meditator, and some of us don't have the 20 years to devote to a daily pratice in order to achieve these non-ordinary states of consciousness. Some might call this "cheating" but imo, whatever works.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,

NAM

Do this for a full hour just before bed and then use Mnemonic Induction Techniques (reminders) and there you go!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. These so called "dream masks" really intrigue me because many on here have said it is very difficult to achieve lucid dreaming on a consistent basis, but the few reviews I see for these masks seem to indicate that at the very least, the masks give you a great shot to consciously realize you are dreaming when they start flashing the lights during REM sleep.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jburg6
Sounds interesting. These so called "dream masks" really intrigue me because many on here have said it is very difficult to achieve lucid dreaming on a consistent basis, but the few reviews I see for these masks seem to indicate that at the very least, the masks give you a great shot to consciously realize you are dreaming when they start flashing the lights during REM sleep.

I have the nova dreamer mask. The biggest challenge with it is keeping it comfortably on your face during sleep. Invest in something else the mask is a waste of money IMO.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Will try this today.

top topics

join