It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Kicking Serious Butt!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Wouldn't it be hilarious if this election was won simply because of Ron Pauls honesty. I enjoy watching videos of this man debate topics, its very entertaining

Honesty?

You may want to view this short video of how the good Doctor handles honesty:

Typical politician...deny it in public but when confronted in private he says he's with them, just to busy with other things.
edit on 24-11-2011 by romanmel because: typo

Im not american, but i do follow the american elections and i think this guy is as genuine as your ever going to get. I don't think one video is going to dismantle his entire campaign and support. I agree with most of the points he makes and i like that he says what he means without the typical political BS. Other candidates could learn something from him.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Sorry, I know the truth hurts... Sainthood has yet to be confered upon any politician, even the pius Dr Paul.

You're the only one in this thread who has referred to Ron Paul as a "saint." In fact, you were the only one who referred to him as a "saint" in the last Ron Paul thread I saw you in....just before you posted the same video you posted here.

So typical of you people who bash Ron Paul in these threads. You grasp at straws trying to come up with a smidgen of dirt on the man, yet never do you declare support for any other candidate. To me...that's a pretty good indication that you have an agenda and are not really here to "discuss" anything.

If you're an American, you are a sad excuse for one.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The video shows at the end a girl asking him why he didn't come out about the truth of 9-11 and he says "Because I can't handle the controversy."

When he was asked in the debate he said he did not agree at all with 9-11 truthers.

Where I come from we call that deception.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This man would call me a "welfare recipiant" when I have had my income raped by the BigGov he seeks to head and deny me my paltry retirement income. He would then further humiliate Social Security recipiants by identifying them as "welfare cheats".

Restore America Plan

Entitlements:

Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States the flexibility and ingenuity they need to solve their own unique problems without harming those currently relying on the programs.

link: www.ronpaul2012.com...

If you disagree with that part of the plan then so be; however, you're pressed against the weight of his publicly posted plan to substantiate your claim(s).

This man adds earmarks to legislation to take pork back to his district, then votes againt it so he can claim opposition, because he knows it will pass anyway.

Really? Please, make the scholarly effort to support that claim. I mean it's quite amazing that the mainstream media has yet to debunk his integrity with such a juicy albatross.

Some feel Ron Paul is a "saint" ready to bring salvation to America.

You're probably correct: Some feel Ron Paul is a "saint" ready to bring salvation to America. In contrast to that there are those of us who do not proselytize about the man Ron Paul, but rather the ideas he promotes. Effectively, we comprise the excluded middle in the debates that center on political, economic, and foreign policies inasmuch as Progressivism and ... New Age Conservatives are, for lack of a better expression, sacred cows beholden to QWERTY bonds that collect and incorporate unthoughtful policies with time. In terms of entitlement programs (which appears to be your primary talking point), Dr. Paul's intent is to retain America's entitlements commitments to the elderly. In an effort to do that and reign in fiscal spending, he and his team have devised a plan that no other candidate is politically willing to risk. So in hindsight your use of "saint" is apt, to the extent that his positions are an analog of political martyrdom.

Ron Paul is not a Republican. He is a radical Libertarian who comes close to advocating anarchy.

You're joking, yes? At bare minimum, a stable country is founded on these three things: 1) sound money; 2) property rights; 3) rule of law. Once again I think you are hard pressed to demonstrate that Congressman Paul does not promote these viewpoints.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

You might want to examine the tendency of politicians to ignore their pre-election published "plans". Almost never do they follow what they state they will and will not do. On the contrary, they often never refer to them ever again.

Promises and pie crust.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Im not american, but i do follow the american elections and i think this guy is as genuine as your ever going to get. I don't think one video is going to dismantle his entire campaign and support. I agree with most of the points he makes and i like that he says what he means without the typical political BS. Other candidates could learn something from him.

You see, this is what incenses me. We have people like SearchLightsInc, who live in foreign countries who know more about Ron Paul than our own American citizens. Many times members who support Ron Paul in these threads are not even people living in this country! Why is that? It's because those members know that whatever happens here in America is going to effect them. Yet we have Americans who will latch onto any OTHER candidate because they are too God damn brainwashed to see that every other candidate is spewing nothing but war-mongering, fear, and blatant lies. Apparently, they are content to have the MSM decide who they should vote for. PATHETIC!

Thank you, SearchLight, for posting. I only wish MORE AMERICANS would pay attention.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You might want to examine the tendency of politicians to ignore their pre-election published "plans". Almost never do they follow what the state they will and will not do. On the contrary, they often never refer to them ever again.

REALLY? I can't BELIEVE IT! Thank you for bringing this point to our attention, because surely no one here on ATS is aware that politicians have lied to get into office.

Now, tell me again what this has to do with Ron Paul?

Ron Paul has been voted into government positions numerous times. If you want to give your argument some meat, perhaps you could peruse his previous campaigns and point out to us the various examples of how he won elections on false promises and lies.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this election was won simply because of Ron Pauls honesty. I enjoy watching videos of this man debate topics, its very entertaining

Honesty?

editby]edit on 24-11-2011 by romanmel because: typo

What I'm hearing him say is, "I don't know, but I have my suspicions. I'm not willing to bet the whole farm on that one issue at this time."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You see, this is what incenses me. We have people like SearchLightsInc, who live in foreign countries who know more about Ron Paul than our own American citizens. Many times members who support Ron Paul in these threads are not even people living in this country! Why is that? It's because those members know that whatever happens here in America is going to effect them. Yet we have Americans who will latch onto any OTHER candidate because they are too God damn brainwashed to see that every other candidate is spewing nothing but war-mongering, fear, and blatant lies. Apparently, they are content to have the MSM decide who they should vote for. PATHETIC!

Thank you, SearchLight, for posting. I only wish MORE AMERICANS would pay attention.

Well i am only across the pond, but i do agree that american politics is important when it comes to global affairs. After what bush and his admin kicked off, im a little more wary about who wants to run america.
I wish we had a Ron Paul in England but i dont think it will ever happen /sigh.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

You might want to examine the tendency of politicians to ignore their pre-election published "plans". Almost never do they follow what the state they will and will not do. On the contrary, they often never refer to them ever again.

REALLY? I can't BELIEVE IT! Thank you for bringing this point to our attention, because surely no one here on ATS is aware that politicians have lied to get into office.

Now, tell me again what this has to do with Ron Paul?

Ron Paul has been voted into government positions numerous times. If you want to give your argument some meat, perhaps you could peruse his previous campaigns and point out to us the various examples of how he won elections on false promises and lies.

Ron Paul has NEVER won a national election.

He represents a tiny district in Texas and that is that.

Actually, I like Ron Paul, for the most part as a human being. He is a long-term politician and has thus been somewhat corrupted by the system I'm pretty sure he doesn't kick his puppy or beat his wife but that is not enough for me to support him or any politician.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Serious question.

If not Ron Paul, then who? Not who can win, but who can you support in good conscience?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh, no doubt that Ron could not deliver all he has promised. He would shake things up though, and maybe even institute a system for real free elections rather than this contest of concentrated capital and special interest.

We want Ron my man. For first time in my life I have registered a republican so that I can vote for Ron in the primaries. Everyone I know is voting for him as well. I will die before I cast a vote for Romney my man!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Serious question.

If not Ron Paul, then who? Not who can win, but who can you support in good conscience?

The nation got owned by the banksters after the Kennedy assassination. Every politician since then has been controlled and the ones who resisted were brought into line. IE: assassination attempts on Ford and Reagan.

Short answer is this, it doesn't matter who is "elected". George Bush lost both elections to be President and yet won two terms. Obama ran against everything Bush was about and promissed to end the wars yet he supports all the Bush agenda and expanded the wars. Do you really think we are going to "reform" this owned system?

The best indication of my personal opinion was expressed by the late George Carlin:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I can agree with all that, but it means you don't get to criticize some one else's candidate. If I want to go out for steak dinner, the wife doesn't get a veto unless she has a better idea, lol! Its easy to sit back and be negative nancy and shoot holes in everything, but unless you've got a better candidate in mind then its kind of moot.

If Paul is the best candidate, he is the best candidate. Nobody is claiming he is flawless. I worry about his handling of the national parks, but he is still the best candidate, and he'll still get my vote!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ron Paul has NEVER won a national election. He represents a tiny district in Texas and that is that. Actually, I like Ron Paul, for the most part as a human being. He is a long-term politician and has thus been somewhat corrupted by the system I'm pretty sure he doesn't kick his puppy or beat his wife but that is not enough for me to support him or any politician.

I never said anything about "national" elections. What difference does it make if it was national or a tiny district in Texas anyway? You're trying to make a point that most (or all) politicians lie and make false promises to get in office. Do you think this theory of yours only applies to candidates running for president? I guess you gave this answer because either you're too lazy to try to find evidence to back up your assertions about Ron Paul....or you already have researched this and know there is nothing there.

You "like Ron Paul, for the most part as a human being?" Interesting. Why would you like a man whom you claim is a lying hypocrite?

Ladies and gentlemen.....may I introduce the "King of Backpeddling," Romanmel.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I can agree with all that, but it means you don't get to criticize some one else's candidate. If I want to go out for steak dinner, the wife doesn't get a veto unless she has a better idea, lol! Its easy to sit back and be negative nancy and shoot holes in everything, but unless you've got a better candidate in mind then its kind of moot.

If Paul is the best candidate, he is the best candidate. Nobody is claiming he is flawless. I worry about his handling of the national parks, but he is still the best candidate, and he'll still get my vote!

LOL...

So, I don't "...get to criticize some one else's candidate." because, "If I want to go out for steak dinner, the wife doesn't get a veto unless she has a better idea." Wow!

I just don't believe it is possible to "reform" what was lost 50 years ago. I see myself as an observer of destiny and commenter on reality. I am too old to revolt but too interested to roll over and die so I guess you'll just have to humor me

Oh, and on the National Parks...no need to worry. I hear China and the UN already own them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You ask, "You "like Ron Paul, for the most part as a human being?" Interesting. Why would you like a man whom you claim is a lying hypocrite?"

Ans: Becuse we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Honesty?

Typical politician...deny it in public but when confronted in private he says he's with them, just to busy with other things.

Just going off the record to say this guy is a genius. He knows if he openly admits his siding on whether the 9/11 attacks are fabricated he becomes a target. Especially from TPTB. If he did, he would then spread out work and being a politician they have to let his voice out. And then people would wake up and he would be the main target for assassination. The heck happened to JFK? He wasn't with them.

I rest my case

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The video shows at the end a girl asking him why he didn't come out about the truth of 9-11 and he says "Because I can't handle the controversy."

When he was asked in the debate he said he did not agree at all with 9-11 truthers.

Where I come from we call that deception.

The flaw in your logic is your use of the term all. Ron Paul ask would never say he does not agree at all with someone. Case in point, he does not believe occupy wall street protest 100 percent, but he still agrees with them in certain areas. Ron Paul has said bush lied about iraq so he at least agrees with 911truths distrust of bush. Use "some" rather than all next time, more accurate "all" the time.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That cheap shot from Gingrich really rubbed me the wrong way. "Timothy McVeigh succeeded".

There is no evidence to suggest that the 'patriot' act would have stopped that at all. Hell, the only "terror plots" they've been able to stop since 9/11 are ones fabricated by the FBI; it's really just entrapment, similar to their tactics in the 'war on drugs'.

And what about the Times Square bomber? The underwear bomber? How did the 'patriot' act help out there? They didn't see those coming...on that note: these are the terrorist boogeymen we're all so afraid of?

And what about the tragedy at Ft. Hood? How did that manage to happen with the 'patriot' act in use?

These are the points I wish Dr. Paul would bring up more often in the debates. He has a lot of good points, but when facing off against an expert debater like Gingrich, he should definitely be expecting this kind of stuff.

RP 2012!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join