It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family was the 1%

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Your family is far from being part of the 1%, your family just worked hard and was somewhat successful. The power elite have billions upon billions of dollars, as to how much they have is likely unknown as most of it is hid.

The problem I had with the OWS is many of them likely felt you were part of the 1% and you should have given up part of your earnings to pay for others.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Your family is far from being part of the 1%, your family just worked hard and was somewhat successful. The power elite have billions upon billions of dollars, as to how much they have is likely unknown as most of it is hid.

The problem I had with the OWS is many of them likely felt you were part of the 1% and you should have given up part of your earnings to pay for others.

Perhaps when we see a thread titiled, "My family was the .01%", the president will announce that the war on terror is over?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Look folks...there are just over 1300 billionaires in the world. Of this, there are roughly 400 US citizens who are billionaires.

You are being deceived folks. All of us. You are being played by the same people you hate. They created you, they will motivate you, they will enslave you with work and they will end you one day.

The American dream is gone. It is now the American chance. This shows a live of work can be replaced in the blink of a generation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Look folks...there are just over 1300 billionaires in the world. Of this, there are roughly 400 US citizens who are billionaires.

You are being deceived folks. All of us. You are being played by the same people you hate. They created you, they will motivate you, they will enslave you with work and they will end you one day.

The American dream is gone. It is now the American chance. This shows a live of work can be replaced in the blink of a generation.

"They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe in it."
- George Carlin

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Love some Carlin...wish he was still around to put in office.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
Simply put, NO, you are not, nor were, part of the 1%.
How does it feel to try and look "important" when you are really not?

See, that's just mean.

What possible purpose could your reply serve? Just to put this guy down?

His family is most definitely important. They have helped MANY people in their community to earn an honest living.

You learned it in kindergarten...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. It's fine to disagree with someone, but the manner in which you respond says more about YOU than anyone else.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Saltarello
Simply put, NO, you are not, nor were, part of the 1%.
How does it feel to try and look "important" when you are really not?

See, that's just mean.

What possible purpose could your reply serve? Just to put this guy down?

His family is most definitely important. They have helped MANY people in their community to earn an honest living.

You learned it in kindergarten...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. It's fine to disagree with someone, but the manner in which you respond says more about YOU than anyone else.

Nah, just the feel that someone who believes is so above us needs to know hes not above anything. And, his family was not part of the 1%, that got cleared. So you reason for moaning about my post was?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KendraSins

Do you understand the difference between 1% of a population and the TOP 1% of a population?

Do YOU?

The top 1% is exactly 1% of the population. It's math.

--------------------------------------------------------

The problem seems to be in the rhetoric. When the OWS people say they are against the top 1%, mathematically that means 1%. But now I see that people are here claiming that it's not REALLY the top 1%. It's just a certain "type" of person.

Either it's 1% or it isn't.

---------------------------------------------------------
I do have one other point. When Obama talks about the "millionaires and billionaires" who should pay "their fair share", he's talking about people exactly like this poster's dad. Do we REALLY think in any way, shape, or form, that this guy wasn't doing his part?

This is why I am against simply raising taxes on the "millionaires". It sounds so fair, since it doesn't affect most of us. But it actually does, when the businesses these people run start to go under. We ALL need them to do well.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

Because you feel the need to put him down. I have a problem with that, and am not going to sit by and let people get away with that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
reply to post by Saltarello

Because you feel the need to put him down. I have a problem with that, and am not going to sit by and let people get away with that.

Thanks for you support.

The only reason i made this thread was to show how not all "CEO" or "1%ers" or whatever you want to call it, are not all bad and have hards. I dont know how this turned into a put down show.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Your dad simply had good intentions. And you know what they say about the road to perdition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join