It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrant Smugglers Suffer Major Blow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Illegal Immigrant Smugglers Suffer Major Blow

www.europol.europa.eu..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Europol Press Release

A key Vietnamese illegal immigrant network was broken up yesterday when police, supported by Europol, raided houses in France and Germany, arresting 21 people in France and one in Germany.

The investigation focused on suspects who smuggle illegal migrants from Vietnam via France, the Czech Republic and Germany to the United Kingdom.

The migrants were offered two travel options: an economy or VIP package (from Vietnam to the UK) ranging from 18 000 to 35 000 euros per person,...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Sex Trafficking Ring Leader Sentenced to 40 Years in Prison
Real Time Human Trafficking Global Map (Live)
Halliburton Sued For Human Trafficking
The Dirty Little Secret of Sex Trafficking
edit on 11/23/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Human Trafficking, one of the most despicable, and illicit crimes.

It infuriates me to think there are people who value humans as a commodity.

I'm not talking about those marketing executive who see you as dollar signs.

Although that makes my stomach turn at times that we're just a number.

Those who traffic in humans are nothing more than pond scum.

But there are those within Government trying to profit off of it as well.

www.europol.europa.eu..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/23/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
just 21 people that are involved?

Its hardly the "bust of a life time", but still good progress.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Sad sad state of affairs unfortunetly. Good for Europe though, the more these get taken down the better off we'll be.

Thanks for posting Spartan

On a side note nice to see you on the boards. On a second side note, what are the odds of another group just picking up where these guys left off? I know that trafficking in the Asian countries has been very prevelant and under reported in most places..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Agreed.

We don't know the logistics of the operation.

But it stopped one slimy tentacle at least.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Sad sad state of affairs unfortunetly. Good for Europe though, the more these get taken down the better off we'll be.

Thanks for posting Spartan

On a side note nice to see you on the boards. On a second side note, what are the odds of another group just picking up where these guys left off? I know that trafficking in the Asian countries has been very prevelant and under reported in most places..

Thank you.

Haven't been on here much, reading only, due to my seeing too many conspiracy theorists slacking.

Like 99% of the entire conspiracy theory community.

Sorry, if you're not going to do more than talk, and not act, you're wasting my time.

That is not directed at you but the entire community as a whole.

Rhetoric without actions is but an empty gesture on a fruitless quest.

Guarantee there is already another cell operating and or competition profiting off of this shut down.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There are a few legit groups out there that think the same way, two I can think of are:

Prison Industry
Tax Industry

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

There are a few legit groups out there that think the same way, two I can think of are:

Prison Industry
Tax Industry

Yes, I agree, but there are laws involved in actual crimes taking place.

I do not necessarily agree with every single law.

But I do stand behind a need for laws over lawlessness.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Human trafficking is disgusting.
However, if someone is willing to spend that much money to leave their home.
Obviously something is wrong. Bad on the traffickers part, yes. Not the ones fleeing their country.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nothing will be done to the smugglers. The corporations love the cheap labor of illegals and they know the huge social costs of these parasites will be dumped on the taxpayers.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I imagine there may be many more members of the gang who will also be detained after this initial operation but authorities concentrated on the key players to ensure the trafficking operation would be terminated swiftly and permenantly.

Better 21 high level crooks than 100 middlemen and pawns.
edit on 23/11/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thats a better way to think of it, im gunna go with your rational

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Human trafficking is disgusting.
However, if someone is willing to spend that much money to leave their home.
Obviously something is wrong. Bad on the traffickers part, yes. Not the ones fleeing their country.

Most of the time people are desperate to leave an oppressive Government.

Like Communist China, or economically depressed Mexico, or Europe.

And these wolves take advantage of their naivete.

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Nothing will be done to the smugglers. The corporations love the cheap labor of illegals and they know the huge social costs of these parasites will be dumped on the taxpayers.

Not nothing.

They will be flipped for lesser sentence.

To give up their bosses.

Originally posted by nerbot

I imagine there may be many more members of the gang who will also be detained after this initial operation but authorities concentrated on the key players to ensure the trafficking operation would be terminated swiftly and permenantly.

Better 21 high level crooks than 100 middlemen and pawns.
edit on 23/11/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

Let's hope so.

The problem is these people operate with inside intel and cooperation.

Any Government employee, Law Enforcement, or otherwise needs to go to prison.

For the rest of their lives.

Coyotes and Snakeheads suck but corrupt Government officials are far worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Fixed Link HERE from the O.P. for the article on: www.europol.europa.eu...

Glad I caught this thread because the Europol site is really interesting. Nice to have a source dealing with things at the root.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm going to add something here, although it may deserve a thread of it's own, possibly at a later date. I found this while surfing the link for the O.P.

Europol addresses law enforcement’s access to financial information

information 23 November 2011

On 15 and 16 November 2011, Europol, with the support of the European Commission, held a conference at its headquarters in The Hague to discuss law enforcement’s access to financial information within the European Union.

Swift access to financial information is required in an increasing number of investigations, across the entire range of criminal offences investigated by law enforcement agencies. Financial information is highly relevant as it provides important intelligence for the investigative process. It is required for both evidential purposes in court proceedings to secure prosecutions, and for the confiscation of criminal proceeds.

The meeting at Europol brought together financial investigation experts from all EU Member States and some third countries. This included experts in asset recovery, money laundering and other crime areas, representatives from international organisations like Interpol and the International Criminal Court and from the financial sector such as private banks and financial services authorities, as well as academics. The discussion centred on the accessibility of financial information for law enforcement purposes. A working group presented their findings on centralised bank account registers, together with several examples of best practice from those jurisdictions that already have effective national central bank account registers in place.

Within the framework of the EU Asset Recovery Offices Platform and the CARIN network, the Europol Criminal Asset Bureau is currently active in promoting the use of financial information to support investigations into serious international crime. Fast, effective access to international financial data is paramount to the success of this objective.

The whole article is quoted above but check the rest of the site out for great info.

Having quick and unrestricted access to financial records that can be used to prosecute criminals and/or aid in investigations is paramount because let's face it...crime and money go hand in hand 99.9% of the time I recon.

Will be interesting to see what comes from this and also who opposes it and why. I wonder how far this might reach, will it be only certain European countries and what about other non European countries. The immigrant smugglers were linked to Vietnam so ultimately this needs to be a global thing.

cheers.
edit on 25/11/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Fixed Link HERE from the O.P. for the article on: www.europol.europa.eu...

Glad I caught this thread because the Europol site is really interesting. Nice to have a source dealing with things at the root.

Thank you for the link fix.

I subscribe to Europol's newsletter.

I'm also a subscriber to all U.S. Federal agencies newsletters.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
so twenty two people supposedly

one german area
21 french area

what was mentioned...

Contact in native country
Vietnam

Passthrough-
czech, france, german,

Final arrival-
uk

Then they have to have

Handler
Seller
Assistant
security

Transporters

Then the ID Makers...(forger)

Organizer
Financer

Not mention the number of Agents on infiltration to track... Insertion points....

What also of key import is this... Who are the buyers?

22 people I doubt it... They let a few go so they could infiltrate the rest, but I doubt it....

The main thing is the Buyers... Wealthy UK individuals.... probably shipped out to another part

top topics

join