It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion Inventor Comes To Boston

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You focus on one small aspect...I said in my OP "little" mention.

Originally posted by burntheships
This is big news, still little mention of it in the mainstream news.

That's because you presume it is big news. But given that Rossi side-stepped peer review and did not look for independent validation of his claims, it is not such a big news story is it? It is a non-news story.

He has to go through certain controls for his claims to be taken seriously. The reason for these controls is to counter fraud attempts. If we took everyone at their word, without proper investigation of claims and proper evidence to back the claims, well, hundreds of people would have already invented cold fusion...

Also, any speculation as to who his U.S. customer is?

Rossi has distributors from all over the world now actively marketing his systems. His US customer is irrelevant. He will not say anything, so it is a dead end for anyone following this story. I am waiting to see if people start buying through his distribution channels.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

Oh, not at all. As I asked, I will ask again, why would the State department have him in meetings
for two days, and MIT no less.?

I haven't looked into his meetings with them.

Ummm ok, well its beyond me as to why you would spend your time
commenting when you have not even looked into the actual basis for the OP.

He set up a meeting with NASA and said that they wanted him to come give presentations. What it really was though, was an all expense paid trip by Rossi, for Rossi, to meet with their officials and talk about his claims. He played it off like they had interest in him, but really it was him making it appear as such.

Agian, your ignoring the actual OP, as you admitted you have not even looked into it.

Do you think that the MA State Dept is wasting two days on this, along with the
dense heads at MIT?

Agian, who was the duped "dummy" that bought his technology, and asked to be kept a secret?

Any ideas?
edit on 23-11-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you look up "Energy Catalyzer" on Wikipedia, there are a few observed features of this experiment that don't square up with claims. To me the isotopic ration of copper allegedly produced in the nuclear reaction being identical to natural copper is a sign of fraud. I'm taking a wild guess that there is some complex electrochemistry going on there, and guess what, Ni is famously used in rechargeable batteries. So I'm betting on some version of NiMH being effectively created in his devices.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If we took everyone at their word, without proper investigation of claims and proper evidence to back the claims, well, hundreds of people would have already invented cold fusion...

I think you meant hundreds of people would have claimed to invent cold fusion?

Rossi has distributors from all over the world now actively marketing his systems.

Ah, well then time will tell, but from your description its the State department and MIT that is wasting
two days with a huckser then?
edit on 23-11-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ummm ok, well its beyond me as to why you would spend your time commenting when you have not even looked into the actual basis for the OP.

I read your OP, I just haven't looked into it. Two different scenarios. One involves reading your OP and the pages linked. The latter involves scouring over the latest buzz with Rossi to see what is really going on.

One thing I can assure you, is that with this case nothing is ever as it seems...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Ah, well then time will tell, but from your description its the State department and MIT that is wasting
two days with a huckser then?

Are you trying to imply that they are incapable of being duped by a "hucks[t]er"?

I can give you an example of State Departments purchasing plastic boxes that they thought would detect contraband, it turned out they were just plastic boxes with lights on them....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes, there is a huge difference between the two, and while your comments and opinions are much
appreciated, perhaps they would be more relevant if you had actually
looked into the validity of the OP, sources and subsequent materials.

One thing I can assure you, is that with this case nothing is ever as it seems...

For certain.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Are you trying to imply that they are incapable of being duped by a "hucks[t]er"?

Um, well no . Of course the State Department is capable of all kinds of
waste, and incompetence, even on a massive scale.

However, since you admit you have not actually investigated the OP,
I dont see how you stand to criticize the State Department.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes, there is a huge difference between the two, and while your comments and opinions are much
appreciated, perhaps they would be more relevant if you had actually
looked into the validity of the OP, sources and subsequent materials.

For certain.

The only thing listed in the OP that is new is that he is making a visit to MIT.

What sources and subsequent materials? I suggest you use ATS search with my username to see that I have been involved in nearly every Rossi thread and that I have followed this from day 1.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ummm ok, well its beyond me as to why you would spend your time commenting when you have not even looked into the actual basis for the OP

Exactly who is he meeting with MIT and what is the nature of the visit? What were the circumstances behind the invitation by Senator Bruce Tarr? Over the course of two days, what is the planned itinerary of the meeting?

It seems you haven't researched your own OP. But let us know if you find the answers.

By the way, did you know that Steorn did presentations to a number of Universities and even had a public meeting with Government officials...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The only thing listed in the OP that is new is that he is making a visit to MIT.

And the State Department is meeting with him for TWO days.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
I cant believe that this isnt in main stream news.
You would think this is probably one of the most important moments in human history!, the day we broke the fossil fuel cycle!

Is this the "invention" by the Italian guy who was involved in con artistry years back and promised to show it now?

Topics like this were covered on Slashdot and the general consensus by people far more knowledgeable than me on cold fusion is that this guy is just trying to make a buck through media attention.

Cold fusion lives on in our dreams!

EDIT: It is! Laughable how so many believe it when his videos and "experiments" have been debunked by actual experts in the field a thousand times. But of course he'll get a free pass here because he's amongst anti-Zionist, anti-NWO bedfellows!

edit on 23-11-2011 by Evanescence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I suggest you use ATS search with my username to see that I have been involved in nearly every Rossi thread and that I have followed this from day 1.

I already have, and know much about your posts.

I am not suprised.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Exactly who is he meeting with MIT and what is the nature of the visit? What were the circumstances behind the invitation by Senator Bruce Tarr? Over the course of two days, what is the planned itinerary of the meeting?

I imagine much of it will be kept secret. Dont you think so?

Andrea Rossi
October 29th, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Dear Max:
The Customer is of a category that usually maintains secret all they do. I do not know if and when they will want to make public statements and I am bound to a strict non disclosure agreement.

Warm Regards,
A.R.

Andrea Rossi

October 31st, 2011 at 9:12 AM
"the person who leaded the test, an engineer of NATO ( a Colonel) who has 30 years of experience in thermopower plants and thermodynamical systems.

It is entirely possible that the Navy contracted the supervision of the tests out to a NATO Colonel on behalf of the US Navy. Additionally, it also fits that the customer was not concerned about recieving what is essentially a prototype product for further development. freeenergytruth.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What you have posted only shows that Rossi refused to offer up his system for proper review. Essentially, if the Defense Department has contracted out someone to purchase his system, it would be to run testing on it to see if their is validity to his claims.

It does not say anything to whether or not the system works, or whether or not Rossi should be any more credible than he already is (or isn't).

If DOD is purchasing the units, they are doing so to see if they work (Because no one is allowed independent study on them). If they don't, the story will get interesting...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

To address your reply to my post.

NO!

It obviously isn't secret if their is a piblic announcement that Rossi is visiting with people from MIT.

Dear God...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Essentially, if the Defense Department has contracted out someone to purchase his system, it would be to run testing on it to see if their is validity to his claims.

If they did, dont you think they would have gotten around to testing it
before they spent two days with him?

And as for the secrecy, surely if he has contracted some things to be kept secret,
especially if its with The State Department, dont you imagine it will be kept under wraps?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Andrea Rossi may have his doubters, detractors and skeptics, but the client for whom he demonstrated his 1MW e-Cat energy system apparently isn't one of them. Not only did the mysterious client take delivery of Rossi's first 1MW heat energy production system, but ordered a dozen more for use in cold, remote locations. That's an order worth $24 million.

While Rossi isn't at liberty to reveal who the client is -- and here speculation has run rampant -- he is not barred from talking about the results of the demonstration, witnessed by a select group of media in Bologna, Italy on October 28, 2011.

As far as the client is concerned, he/she/they are satisfied that the technology works, producing low-grade steam via a heretofore little understood physical process often identified as 'cold fusion' that somehow generates anomalous amounts of heat by combining nickel powder, hydrogen gas and a proprietary catalytic material that when heated to a critical point, goes into a self-sustaining reaction that isn't chemical in nature. Exactly what goes on at the atomic level is still a matter of debate, but Signor Rossi is confident that he knows what's happening and as soon as his patent is granted, he tells EV World, he will offer his explanation. Until then, for obvious reasons, he's keeping this knowledge to himself and a very small circle. evworld.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Two days of meetings with government officials and representatives of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Massachusetts and Northeastern University.

Care to name exactly who he met there?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Care to name exactly who he met there?

Care to state if you read the links in the OP?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join