It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion Inventor Comes To Boston

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Cold Fusion Inventor Comes To Boston

www.tarrtalk.com

Andrea Rossi, an engineer who has captured the attention of the scientific world with two successful tests of his “E-Cat” cold fusion reactor, arrived at the State House on Tuesday morning for two days of meetings with government officials and representatives of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Massachusetts and Northeastern University.

Mr. Rossi’s reactor, if successfully proven and developed, has the potential to change the way the world deals with energy...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tarrtalk.com
www.wired.co.uk
cryptogon.com
cryptogon.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Why is there no Main Stream Media reporting the Rossi/Focardi E-Cat
Focardi & Rossi E-Cat: First Cold Fusion Power Plant to be built in Greece. Next one in USA!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is big news, still little mention of it in the mainstream news.

Previously, an unknown customer in The United States had made a deal with Rossi.
One clue we have is the customer’s controller Domenico Fioravanti apparently reports to a
man whose title is “Colonel”.

This could indicate that the mystery customer might be DARPA, the Pentagon’s
secret science department, which, was reported in Wired UK.

So, still little to go on as the news is few and far between,
however this is looking hot!

www.tarrtalk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I cant believe that this isnt in main stream news.
You would think this is probably one of the most important moments in human history!, the day we broke the fossil fuel cycle!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

I find it hard to believe too, and it really fuels the conspriacy nut in me!

I wonder, are they planning in keeping the tecnology secret? This reminds
me of much of the groundbreaking technology in the past, and Tesla especially.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
I cant believe that this isnt in main stream news.

Why should it be? Remember the orbo?

You would think this is probably one of the most important moments in human history!

No it is not.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Andrea Rossi, an engineer who has captured the attention of the scientific world with two successful tests of his “E-Cat” cold fusion reactor,

There has been no true test.
There have been two short controlled demonstrations under the control of the "inventor"

A true test would be a 24 hour test under load with no external connections other then the dummy load(test load)
And this is only the first test.

The next would be a 30 day full power run under load.

Every power plant in the US undergoes these to test to be certified.

The US government will not buy one of the E-cats until its passed these test.

Its a industry standards test

edit on 23-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'd like to go ahead and pop the cork here, but I suspect that Dr. Rossi is going to be offered a gigantic sum for the tech. And then it will end up in the same DUMB as the electric car and wireless charging transducers.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There is, however an air of mystery surrounding the whole event, mainly because the customer who bought the plant has not been named, and specifically requested that their identity remained secret. The test was carried out by a consultant for the company and this person, named Domenico Fioravanti, was satisfied enough with what he tested to make a purchase on behalf of the customer for an unspecified amount of money. Apparently the thing that convinced the customer that Rossi’s technology is indeed a new form of nuclear energy (Rossi characterizes it as LENR — low energy nuclear reaction) was that for 5 hours, the E-Cat plant ran in self-sustaining mode — without any input heat — all the while producing an average of 470 kW of thermal energy.

In addition to this consultant doing the test, there were a number of invited guests in attendance, including journalists from the Associated Press, NyTeknik and Pure Energy System News. The AP reporter, technology writer Peter Svennson, has not yet published his article, but NyTeknik and PESN have already published reports.

NyTeknik reports that now the first sale has been made, Bologna University’s physics department will begin a two year research and development program surrounding Rossi’s technology, and also Rossi will be entering into negotiations to start a similar R&D program at Uppsala University in Sweden.

www.freeenergytimes.com...

Andrea Rossi says: "Yes It's a Breakthrough". E-Cat 1 MW Unit Test, October 28, 2011

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think that since the perceived fiasco in 1989 from Stanley Pons, they are now cautious not to report anything optimistic until confirmed. With that said, I always thought things were a little unusual back then, and still today, and I hope the guy doesn't mysteriously vanish at the last minute.

Here's an interesting read: en.wikipedia.org...
-rrr
edit on 23-11-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I can think of a few reasons why Mainstream wouldn't cover this, or even people in alternative media that have integrity.

A list of problems comes up with Rossi's story if you do your due diligence, and these things would have to be presented if you were to cover the story.

Things like:

He listed a dead person on his "board" of the blog that was made to look like a scientific journal.

He has a legitimate Philosophy Degree, but obtained his engineering degree from a diploma mill that has been since shut down.

His company Leonardo, sold bunk energy items to the US and he blamed it on outsourced manufacturing.

He caused an environment debacle with Petro Dragon, sold products to non-existent companies, eventually ended up jailed for fraud and other crimes.

His testing is sub par, he doesn't offer for his system to be independently verified, its rumored he offered it to NASA to test for a large some of money, but they did not bite.

He swore he would not accept any money until his systems were earning customers money, yet he admitted in an interview with NYteknik that he had taken payment from customers before delivery.

That's most of it... Would you want to stake your reputation on this? If anything, the Mainstream Media is doing him a favor by not reporting...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Two days of meetings with government officials and representatives of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Massachusetts and Northeastern University.

Is this just a huge waste of Government time, and resources, and tax payer money?
Just a private circus?

edit on 23-11-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
October 28 2011 Test of the 1 MW E-Cat Cold Fusion Device by Andrea Rossi

Long video, I am not a rocket scientist.
I put more credence in a two day visit to MIT, and State officials.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I can think of a few reasons why Mainstream wouldn't cover this...

Yes, I can too, and my list is longer than yours, only entirely different.

Whats funny....people with integrity in the mainsream media? I dont know if you
can find any these days....

Now how about that Super Congress, what an epic fail.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

There has been no true test.
There have been two short controlled demonstrations under the control of the "inventor"

A true test would be a 24 hour test under load with no external connections other then the dummy load(test load)
And this is only the first test.

Hmmm....this was Rossi's answer to someone else....

Andrea Rossi’s reply to Brian Josephson

Dear Professor Josephson,
I do understand your concerns, but as I already explained, I am not going to give any other demonstration of the E-Cat because at this point it wouldn’t make any sense: we already got industrial manufacturing underway and the E-Cat is a ready product for the market. Our customers will buy a working device; if it didn’t work, they wouldn’t buy it. Besides, I’m in such a busy and demanding stage that, even if I wanted, I wouldn’t have the time to arrange any test.
ecatnews.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hmmm....this was Rossi's answer to someone else....

If I were a controlling power behind a company based on Rossi's work, I would forbid the man from speaking.

He says he has no time to arrange a test, yet, he spends copious amounts of time answering questions on his blog. He has also arranged a number of tests that were nothing more than demonstrations.

If you are trying to make someone look stupid in this thread, Rossi's words are not going to vindicate you.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh, not at all. As I asked, I will ask again, why would the State department have him in meetings
for two days, and MIT no less.?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Yes intereting. I find it notable too that the UK energy department is now following his work closely.

UK energy departement (DECC) has taken an interest in this tecnology, and might even plan "further action", under some conditions. In the exclusive open letter we publish here, Brian Josephson, physicist, who stands by Rossi since the beginning, invites him to reconsider the importance of a new, fast scientific test, after Rossi's negative reply to Francesco Celani's offer. www.focus.it...

Yeah, maintain a watch on this sector, intersting way to put it.

freeenergytruth.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I can think of a few reasons why Mainstream wouldn't cover this...

Yes, I can too, and my list is longer than yours, only entirely different.

Whats funny....people with integrity in the mainsream media? I dont know if you
can find any these days....

Now how about that Super Congress, what an epic fail.

What does congress have to do with Rossi?

You are insinuating that somehow because Rossi has not received coverage by MSM, that their is more validaty to his claims.

Except that: This is faulty logic and he has received coverage.... Either directly from news sources, or people contributing to their blogs.

Forbes

Forbes

Wired

Daily Mail

MSNBC

Yahoo

Fox

*Interesting note, Fox News says Rossi is a physicist, but he is not. He is a philosopher by study and a self-proclaimed/also by trade- engineer.

Discovery

Washington Times

Now, the real question is why hasn't there been comprehensive coverage or in depth investigating of his claims. Especially given that he is out rounding up investors/customers.

I can show you a number of news outlets that still have integrity, and do investigate stories like this. The Canadian program "5th Estate" comes to mind...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

people contributing to their blogs.

Forbes

From your first source....

I’m sorry to report that there still appears to be no news one way or the other as to the reality of Rossi’s claims.

You focus on one small aspect...I said in my OP "little" mention.

This is big news, still little mention of it in the mainstream news.

Seems like your source agrees. Now. moving past your obsession with that small aspect of the story,.
do you imagine they will do what for two days at the State Department, and MIT?

Also, any speculation as to who his U.S. customer is?
edit on 23-11-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Oh, not at all. As I asked, I will ask again, why would the State department have him in meetings
for two days, and MIT no less.?

I haven't looked into his meetings with them. But I can outline why Government/Educational agencies would have interest... Because he claims to have discovered "Cold Fusion" or more appropriately, a feasible way of creating LENR.

Again, if you think this brings more validity to Rossi's claim, it does not.

He set up a meeting with NASA and said that they wanted him to come give presentations. What it really was though, was an all expense paid trip by Rossi, for Rossi, to meet with their officials and talk about his claims. He played it off like they had interest in him, but really it was him making it appear as such.

And to reiterate on the idea that interest from someone does not lend their weight, just look at passed examples of when scholars and organisations have been duped:

Schon Scandel

Red Mercury

Bogdanov

Oops-Leon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join