It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Republican debate: Winners and losers - WP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

* Ron Paul: We wondered aloud earlier today if the Texas Congressman might temper some of his national security/foreign policy views in an attempt to court the more mainstream part of the GOP. Nope! Paul’s views on domestic policy are largely in line with the rest of the candidates running for the Republican presidential nomination but on foreign policy he is an outlier. It showed tonight as Paul said we should leave Israel to fend for itself, called for disentangling ourselves from Afghanistan and even for an end to the war on drugs. Paul’s base undoubtedly ate up every word. But, tonight’s debate was a case study in just how hard it will be for Paul to be a genuine contender for the nomination.

That last sentence makes no sense. It is because of these reasons more and more people are turning to him.
Also this last quote makes me wonder if this person should still be writing for the Washington post. Also he is an outlier on domestic policy too, or am I hearing something different than you Oreo eating twit?

www.washingtonpost.com...

* Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP): Gingrich said an EMP was the biggest threat to the country that no one was talking about. Doing a little reading on it, we can confirm it’s scary stuff. Heck, it stopped the machines in “The Matrix”. And it would apparently make Twitter inoperable. We shudder to think.

Yes twitter is the number one priority here. I know you're being sarcastic, but domestic and foreign policy are serious issues that need not be brushed aside to get a little (bad) humor in.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Vardoger because: added link.

edit on 23-11-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's annoying how the media plays him out to be a fool and anti-American.
I've listened to him speak, and honestly he is the best candidate IMO.
The masses eat what's fed to them though, so I doubt he will win.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Whether the author meant to be funny or not, it's a scary thought. The "revolutions" of 2011 could aptly be named the Twitter Revolutions. Twitter and other social networking sites are how activists organize now. Anyway on-topic, all I heard last night was saber rattling.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Will add this guy to the long list of yellow journalists.

I also laugh when Newt makes one of his witty one-liner remarks and the camera pans on the audience. The people who jump in their seats and clap in acknowledgement are the same ones who supported every other "flavor of the week" candidate. These are the people who follow MSM and either just do what they're told or they want to vote for who they feel is going to be the winner with no rhyme or reason. Guess you can call them "Fair Weather" voters? RP will not get these peoples' votes unless the MSM finally runs out of flavors and he wins a few early primaries.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The MSM is really getting on my nerves with all of their attempts to feed their 24 hour content. They insult our intelligence by assuming we can't see what their doing. They are clearly making the decision of who is the top/popular candidate by picking one and smashing it in our faces. They tell us who it is and then only talk about that candidate and mainly ask them questions for a couple of weeks then they switch. Bachman --> Perry --> Cain --> Gingrich has been the progression. They continuously and blatantly ignore Ron Paul but it's clear that he has a large following. I'm not decided on Ron Paul myself but it's very clear that he is being censored/suppressed and I can't figure out why.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If the media has no problem with twisting the words of RP into a false context, they should have no problem with his supporters bombing the polls. It's only fair.

Again,

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Ooooh the why is quite simple, he won't hesitate to single out the corrupted and pull the rug out from under the elitists and the cronies, which is the underlying force in every arena of American power (or illusion of), and basically what this country is built on now. This includes the entirety of the MSM, the white house, wall street, K street, lobbyists, the fed, and so on and on. Ron Paul is bad news for the entire Jenga tower of corruption and everyone's a part of it in some way or another!

Let the pieces tumble down down down i say!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie
reply to post by Epirus

Ooooh the why is quite simple, he won't hesitate to single out the corrupted and pull the rug out from under the elitists and the cronies, which is the underlying force in every arena of American power (or illusion of), and basically what this country is built on now. This includes the entirety of the MSM, the white house, wall street, K street, lobbyists, the fed, and so on and on. Ron Paul is bad news for the entire Jenga tower of corruption and everyone's a part of it in some way or another!

Let the pieces tumble down down down i say!

Well put. One thing is for certain, they are overstepping and exposing themselves more and more.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Or the other contestants for that matter..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lol I find that last line funny as well.

List a few good things Ron wants to do, then say that's why it'll make it difficult for him. About sums the whole politics issue up.

new topics

top topics

join