It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijackers Helped us...WTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Okay so on Saturday we were driving in Pretoria, my husbands window was rolled down. My husbands car is an 2 door Opel Kaddett, that has a few red panels a few blue panels awhite bumper and a darker blue front panel, my nick name for the patchwork car is Clown Car. He put bucket seats in the front and only the front seat belts work so naturally I put my 2 year old son in the front seat and I sat in the back behind him. These 2 guys approached our car from the drivers side and put a knife to my husbands throat then started yelling "give us your phone! Give us your phone!". At that point the car died (not jumped out of gear or we would have felt it, it just died for no reason). My husband stayed calm and said "I dont have a phone" they kept yelling, my husband held up his empty Blackberry pouch and said again "its an empty bag I dont have a phone" something I am not sure what cliked in me and i moved toward the window and just stared at the robbers right in the eyes. The light went green (we had a car infornt of us and to the side so even if the car was on it wouldnt have helped). The would be robbers then moved away for no apparent reason. My Husband tried to get the dead car to start and it wouldnt, the would be robbers moved to the back of the car and I remember thinking "Sh!!! they are going to try breaking into the boot now, please start please start". Next thing the would be robbers started pushing the car for us to help start it. WTF

Anyone got any idea of how we survived??

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam13

Maybe they had a change of heart?
Some people just can't do bad things around children.
Either that, or they are the worst and most confused hijackers ever.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They just wanted the phone, They probably wouldn't have hurt anyone over a phone, and well,
Perhaps its a clue as to what some people really are like,
Im sure some robbers a nice people, have family and children and have a heart, just in the wrong place

Glad you got away, and unsuspecting help too.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Robbers are people to, he probably just felt bad. Life is nothing like the movies maybe you should re evaluate your perspective on people.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They needed to clear the intersection for someone with a dang phone.

Or : They know what it feels like to not have a phone so they empathized.

Glad y'all are okay.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My guess is you used the "force" on them. You do know the waving the hand around stuff is just in the movies.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe they just wanted to borrow your phone?

I kid.

Another possibility here of course is that after realizing they couldn't rob you, they might as well try to help you out in hopes of a tip.

Or maybe they're just very confused.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Problem is they had a knife to my husbands throat, no offense but you obviously don't live in South Africa. Thing is I heard afterwards its not the first time those particular 2 have been there and apparently every other time they got away with a cell phone.

I told my Husband afterwards "the crime rate might be bad in this country but at least our criminals are helpful"

top topics

join