It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Military Using Nerve Gas on Protesters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

No one's quite sure at the moment. The canisters are made in the USA for sure but we don't even know what's in them let alone where it came from. The general consensus among the members who know about this stuff is that it might be CS or CR.

Whatever it is, it's killing people.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why does the thread still have the words "Nerve Gas?" They are using CR...CR is not a nerve gas...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
Why does the thread still have the words "Nerve Gas?" They are using CR...CR is not a nerve gas...

I wasn't aware that any members of the world community or ATS have confirmed what it is. Have you tested any of the samples? If so please share.

Terms and conditions also state that BAN threads must contain the exact title of the article.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

T&S also state fundamentally misleading statements cannot be used...The article you link has this as its title to be sure...but the article you link also clearly identifies what they are...

"The International Business Times reports that demonstrators have been struck with "dangerous levels of CR gas over the past two days of protests"

That seems as if the identification has been made by a reputable source...CR is not a nerve gas...

edit on 11/23/2011 by jeichelberg because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
kinda read over the pages we have all been dissing the media for calling a tear agent a nerve agent....read through the pages we all have been quite outspoken

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

That could be true, but where did the International Business Times get this information. I just would like to know where the confirmation originated from. If you don't know I won't hold it against you it's just you seemed so confident that I thought you had something with a little more meat to it than an unsourced media report.

I know my article isn't the most credible either but I'm not portraying it to be fact.

The purpose of posting this news was to get it out there so fellow members can have a look and discuss.

Thankfully there were various members who knew about this stuff and were able to narrow it down to most likely being CR. Even that isn't definite though.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Atzil321

I did notice that the company known as Zarc International Inc. manufactures and sells a prepackaged swab or 'handi-wipe' that neutralizes the chemicals in some gas agents (probably to assist those who accidentally get it on themselves as they 'dispense' their brand of 'justice' and 'law enforcement.')

nice find shall we stock up

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Star...........Americans just don't see this type of thing coming.........all from the only country to ever use weapons of mass destruction (WWII - Hiroshima & Nagasaki), the Kennedy assassination, 9/11, etc...........they just don't see it coming.

Kent State, the civil right movement, the trampling of any peaceful rights movements, testing unknowingly on black medical "subjects', condoning torture.............they clearly, like dumb sheep don't see it coming...

Most Americans can't or refuse to see the American Government as the new bully on the block, just like the Germans refused to see Hitler's regime as snuffing out millions of innocent people.

People see by and large what they want to, need to see - to make themself feel "morally correct"...........but under the facade lays a whole new layer................most cannot bare to fathom.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well, here is what the ibt website states, and it does NOT use the term, "nerve gas."

Egyptian Military Using Banned Lethal Substance as Tear Gas; Could Cause Vital Organ Damage

By Amrutha Gayathri: Subscribe to Amrutha's RSS feed

November 22, 2011 12:23 AM EST

The Egyptian military and police are using tear gas that could cause acute damage to the lungs, liver and heart, and increase the risk of miscarriage, Egyptian media report. Apart from the detrimental side effects, the gas canisters were at least five years past the expiry date.

So, it appears as if the other site took EXTREME liberty with the titling of its article...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It is no secret that throughout Mubarak's reign on power America has been providing heavy policing arnaments (i.e CR Gas and Riot Gear) for the Egyptian police and military and has been providing large quantaties of aid for the Egyptian military and police. This is not a rumour but a fact.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Didn't the US use nerve gas during WWII?
If not, then where did all the canister come from
that are presently stored in bunkers. I have
see the ones stored at Avon, Ky. I doubt
they would use old canisters but just sayin.

Not safe to use as some of them are
leaking.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wish strength and love within your hearts for my brother and sisters in Egypt.
edit on 23-11-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Didn't the US use nerve gas during WWII?
If not, then where did all the canister come from
that are presently stored in bunkers. I have
see the ones stored at Avon, Ky. I doubt
they would use old canisters but just sayin.

Not safe to use as some of them are
leaking.

only used Nukes 2ce and look at the storage
think of it as a we got it and we will use it so done mess with us, kind of a thing...they get old and they burn them,,,scary no?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Egyptian Military Using Nerve Gas on Protesters

www.newsmax.com

The Egyptian military has been using a banned chemical agent to deal with hundreds of thousands of protesters, according to several news sources.

At least 23 Egyptians have died and more than 1,700 have succumbed to a lethal gas military forces have been using during the past three days in clashes in and around Cairo's Tahrir Square.

The International Business Times reports that demonstrators have been struck with "dangerous levels of CR gas over the past two days of protests" and Australia's The Age said Wednesday that the canisters are marked "Made in the USA."

CR gas is an in
(visit the link for the full news article)

How did USA get on the labels? I corrected my previous comments for this question. They are produced in the UK. What does this tell us about the USA label? Would be be so dumb as to place a made in the USA label on something on the black market?

edit on 23-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Who said anything about "black markets"?

The people who are using this are military, why would they need to purchase from the black market?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If it where true that they are using "nerve gas", many more people would be dead..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I tell you...when I first went to the link, and before I focused to read anything I saw the words "Bill Clinton" pop out at me...It surprised me but then I couldn't find the name anywhere on the page :-)

Kinda makes you say "Hmmm......."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't think this is simply regular tear gas. I have been in a military gas chamber more than once, and CS gas is not that bad at all. The most violent reaction I have ever seen anyone exhibit is laying on the ground with mucous all over their face, but it isn't life threatening.

I have never seen anyone go into convulsions or anything, or not be able to breathe. Well, maybe I have seen people not being able to breathe, but they didn't need medical attention, as it wasn't serious, and the effects of the gas wore off, for me at least, relatively quickly.

It would not surprise me if this was some lethal cocktail of CR gas, and even cyanide...would not surprise me. Maybe this is how the USA tests out their chemical arsenal. So they know how to better deal with us when the time comes. At least maybe.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
It would not surprise me if this was some lethal cocktail of CR gas, and even cyanide...would not surprise me. Maybe this is how the USA tests out their chemical arsenal. So they know how to better deal with us when the time comes. At least maybe.

all with a made in the USA stamped on the side....OH what a sweet conspiracy it develops
edit on 24-11-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is not a CR Agent. reason number 1 , there coughing up blood., number 2 asphyxiation . This tells me one thing. This must be some sort low yield nerve agent some sort of form of CX agent. no dought in my mind what so ever. The made is USA are the CS grenades. that appears to propaganda by the media trying to associate this so called nerve agent with the U.S. My guess is what ever this is that is being used, you can bet it will be colorless.

I have been exposed to both CS and CR agents in my military training and done some study in this field as well. What these people are describing is some sort of nerve agent. ( whatever it is is not in the US arsenal) I'm not going to get in details about never agents. There are two tell tale signatures of a nerve agent 1, nerve agents draw blood internally from the lungs 2, asphyxiation occurs in the lungs,because your downing in your own blood, The other symptoms of a full blow nerve agent are, is blood being drawn though the skin and eyes. What we are seeing is only two of the symptoms of a full nerve agent gas CX , but yet this gas still has two of the main signature of a full nerve agent. I seen the film of this kid shaking on the ground, and trying to breath( Neuro Toxic Symptoms) from Egypt ( That is a nerve agent )

These symptoms that we are seeing in Egypt seem to be of a lessor nerve agent, but yet have a Neuro Toxic signature. it is NOT a CR Agent. No way no how. Also keep in mind most forms of nerve agents are colorless, the thick white smoke is CS.

If any of the riot police are carrying anything on their hip or leg that even might resemble a Nerve Agent Antidote Kit, AKA ,MARK I. then this would tell us that this is some sort of nerve agent. also see if any of the police are wearing any charcoal type garments. yet another indicator that this low yield nerve agent. A MD also mention the drug he was administering. that drug is also used in many military nerve agent kits around the world. ( Diazepam )

It might also help to look for Cans of some type in these photos like the size of coffee can or maybe even a soup can size' placed near a curb, in the street, or crushed on the street. (Not cylinder delivery systems in the photos posted or grenades)

Another way to find out is ask a Russian soldier. Russian soldiers used to train with real nerve agents , up to the 1980's They might shed some light on this as well.

edit on 24-11-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

when the CR agent starts to break down , and or is heated it does become a Vx gas, low grade but still fatal 55 to 61 % if untreated 75 to 91% in confined areas www.bionity.com... some chilling reading

The V-series is the second family of nerve agents (the V apparently standing for "venomous"), and also contains four members: VE, VG, VM, VX. The most studied agent in this family, VX, was invented in the 1950s at Porton Down in the United Kingdom. The other agents in this series have not been studied extensively, and information about them is limited. It is known, however, that the V-series agents are about 10 times more toxic than the G-agent sarin (GB).

All of the V-agents are persistent agents, meaning that these agents do not degrade or wash away easily, and can therefore remain on clothes and other surfaces for long periods. In use, this allows the V-agents to be used to blanket terrain to guide or curtail the movement of enemy ground forces. The consistency of these agents is similar to oil; as a result, the contact hazard for V-agents is primarily - but not exclusively - dermal. VX was the only V-series agent that was fielded by the USA as a munition, consisting of rockets, artillery shells, airplane spray tanks, and landmines.[2][3]
thus the question remains did the US sell Egypt this outdated CR gas ? Did Egypt let it Expire? Does the Egypt forces know what CR can become, a Vx never agent. a little CR chem make up www.bionity.com... some side effects and yes death from exposure

Effects

CR gas is a lachrymatory agent (LA). CR gas is about 6-10 times stronger than CS gas. It causes very intense irritation and skin pain, namely around moist areas, blepharospasm causing temporary blindness, coughing and gasping for breath, and panic. It is capable of causing immediate incapacitation. It is a suspected carcinogen. It is toxic, but less so than CS gas, by ingestion and exposure. However, it can be lethal in large quantities. In a poorly ventilated space, an individual may inhale a lethal dose within minutes. Death is caused by asphyxiation and pulmonary edema.

The effect of CR is long-term and persistent. CR can persist on surfaces, especially porous ones, for up to 60 days.
very nasty stuff, should be band and listed in the GC, Geneva Convention, for use as a nerve agent.

edit on 24-11-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

edit on 24-11-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join