It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Military Using Nerve Gas on Protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

According to the video I just linked to, the doctor sounds like he says they're finding different canisters. I'm sure not all of them say "made in the USA" so it doesn't have to be blamed on the Americans. Anyone could have given Mubarak banned nerve agents over the years. That's just my take on it at least. Who knows what they could have laying around. Maybe the military had no idea what they were using and thought it was just regular tear gas. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I can't find the section on either of the manufacturers sites where it says delivery systems only. I did find this by quickly browsing the grenade section.

CTS produces a full line of chemical irritant and smoke munitions. The comprehensive line includes grenades, 12gauge, 37mm and 40mm projectiles. These less-lethal options address a wide range of scenarios from assisting tactical teams in displacing or detecting barricaded subjects to aiding riot control units charged with maintaining order in public or correctional environments.
It is besides the point who originally developed these weapons and of no importance to the subject. Also this can't be dismissed as merely anti americanism. I would be looking for the truth just as vigorously if these things were being produced and supplied to the Egyptian military by my own country. It's what is in these canisters that is the important issue.

edit on 23-11-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I do not know if your in to knowing the madness of mans toys but here is a link that explains how one is marked and used with the different types might help in a SHTF www.inetres.com... would you know what to use for a marker or to blow things up?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to these types of chemicals so I would not know what to do unless I had instructions. Thanks for the link though, lots of useful information for me to absorb.

My basic knowledge of these labels goes as far as the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System which I was certified for many years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I follow this reporter PaulaSlier_RT she is a member of the RussiaTV crew that is on the ground in Tahrir square and some of what she has to say is quite disturbing. All who have twitter should take a look and follow, she speaks of army soldiers who are out numbered by security forces trying to stop the tear gas vollys. Says that the tear gas is different and yes that it burns and has people coughing up blood, and that she has see security agents who have been captured by the crowd and dragged off.

This really isn't very good wish we could get clarification on what gases they are actually using.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

well if you look into the CR history it was synth made in 62' could it be because of the civil rights and the up coming anti war movement that came about in 66? a crowd control it seems the NYPD have it in there arsenal www.nyc.gov...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
CS gas hasn't been used by the US Military for a long time. Yeah I was a soldier once and young, NPI what is interesting is the News article calling CR a nerve agent. It isnt as other posters have brought up wiki on it. So this can be marked up to bias news and Hyper Sensationalism at its finest....good call by the thread

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

So it's been confirmed that it's CR?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Agreed. These protesters are being abused, from my perspective, and who made the tools of abuse isn't a hundredth part as important as whose doing the loading and firing.

I did notice that the company known as Zarc International Inc. manufactures and sells a prepackaged swab or 'handi-wipe' that neutralizes the chemicals in some gas agents (probably to assist those who accidentally get it on themselves as they 'dispense' their brand of 'justice' and 'law enforcement.')

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
here is the link that deals with the use of CR in Egypt bikyamasr.com... nasty stuff, shold be band , if not listed in the same Cat. as "wet eyes" that is the "wet eyes" bombs here is the part as to why i say this from the link

Under the Paris Convention on Chemical Warfare of 1993, CR Gas was listed as a restricted substance and under the 1972 Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BWC) it had been banned for military use, but it has not stopped governments across the world from deploying the gas on civilians. The United States, Sri Lanka, Israel and others including Egypt, have continued to use the gas on its people.
wonder if the US is behind this after all , could be ... that the officials are ... use against OWS? scary thought.
edit on 23-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

So it's been confirmed that it's CR?

No my statement wasnt to confirm CR was used, only to solid up that CR gas isnt a Nerve agent. CR gas works on the tears mouth and large doses can cause lungs to fill with water. So will CS thats why we stopped using it. Nerve agents attack the central nervous system immobilize movement and breathing. Nerve agents are meant to Kill. CR CS and the like are made to disperse a crowd. make them ummm what is the word, Demoralized , incapacitated ...take the fight out of them, in other words

added content: if the Egyptian populis Kept coming back for more until they got enough to kill them, I would say they gave their lives to support maybe the greatest cause of all...Freedom
edit on 23-11-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up

I totally misunderstood and was under the impression that someone claimed confirmation of CR.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

well some one did here is the words from the link on my post about this

CAIRO: The tear gas being employed by the Egyptian military and police in the past 48 hours, beyond being expired for at least five years, according to canisters obtained by Bikyamasr.com, cause severe pulmonary damage, as well as causing damage to the heart and liver. It is also reported to increase the risk of miscarriages, according to international studies of the substance, known as CR gas.
so the Bikyamasr.com is saying yes CR gas is being used here is the post www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-11-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

no problem and good thread....these are interesting times and we get to see what some might call prophecy/ history unfold right before our own eyes.. It would be great to keep SPIN out of the media, but we cant have it all can we

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

if we get the Zee,spin out of the MSM we would not pay any notice to MSM nor the head lines that keep us glued to the 6'oclock news.
Is it not Odd that RT had this first and not MSM? Could RT be pointing to the US see big old bad Uncle Sam sold them this stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

if we get the Zee,spin out of the MSM we would not pay any notice to MSM nor the head lines that keep us glued to the 6'oclock news.
Is it not Odd that RT had this first and not MSM? Could RT be pointing to the US see big old bad Uncle Sam sold them this stuff.
RT seems to have a head start on a lot of stuff,,wonder who the share holders really are???
edit on 23-11-2011 by rebellender because: added word

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
From what I can tell they're trying to blame the ill effects on the canisters being expired. There have been a few different sources that hint at this. CR still sounds like some nasty stuff though.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
From what I can tell they're trying to blame the ill effects on the canisters being expired. There have been a few different sources that hint at this. CR still sounds like some nasty stuff though.

I have breathed expired CS CR injected Atropine ate WWII C rations I would say millions of US soldiers have....Hello,,still here!!!

The Egyptian People got too much of something...they died.....nobody in the Media is presenting a story that these people are dying and willing to die for a greater cause ...Freedom

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It sounds like the canisters only are made in the USA unless someone can clarify otherwise.

Like many gas canisters in Tahrir, one of his was marked with blue letters that read "Made in USA" and bore the name of the company that produced it: Combined Tactical Systems, in Jamestown, PA.

Source

Here is the company that sold some of it to them:

CTS

CTS produces a full line of chemical irritant and smoke munitions. The comprehensive line includes grenades, 12gauge, 37mm and 40mm projectiles. These less-lethal options address a wide range of scenarios from assisting tactical teams in displacing or detecting barricaded subjects to aiding riot control units charged with maintaining order in public or correctional environments.

From what I can tell the canisters are purchased empty and the buyer loads them with chemical agent. These look a lot like what we have been seeing in Egypt.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

This just brought tears to my eyes, if true it's horrific.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join