It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Military Using Nerve Gas on Protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The canisters and the chemicals in them are manufactured in the united states, and exported to many countries around the world. There is some evidence emerging that the gas grenades being used in tahrir square contain 2.5 pc bromide cyanide. I'm not sure if that is illegal or classes them as chemical weapons, but it raises some uncomfortable questions as to what the united states are up to. Here is a thread I made about the situation earlier today. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Dr. Ahmed Farouk (General Coordinator of Field Hospitals in Tahrir Square) stated that Mustard Gas has been used against peaceful protesters.

ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The US did not create this - the UK did.
The US does not use CR for crowd control - The UK did
The US military does not use CR - its listed as a chemical weapon with combat classification.

Wiki - CR Gas
edit on 23-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Did a search. You are correct. The US military refuse purchase from the UK. Good call.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So, what are they using, CR gas or Nerve gas, I doubt it was nerve gas because that has been classified as a weapon of mass destruction and was banned in the nineties.
I have been subject to mustard gas and nerve gas (not at full strength) and nerve gas is lethal to anyone. it effects all your musclas and breathing becomes difficult as you have to conciously breath because the lungs don't do it automaticly. I then had to wear sunglasses in a darkened room to just watch telly. Very nasty stuff, believe me..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its amazing that american media has provided evidence that USA provided WMD to egyptian govt to commit genocide on civilians.

Americans and egyptians have proven worse than anyone thought.

How long before american govt uses nerve gas on its OWS protesters and militia freedom fighters.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

.... it is not "Made in the USA."
combinedsystems.com...
www.nonlethaltechnologies.com...
These 'non lethal weapons' manufacturers/suppliers are both based in Pennsylvania USA.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The US did not create this - the UK did.
The US does not use CR for crowd control - The UK did
The US military does not use CR - its listed as a chemical weapon with combat classification.

Wiki - CR Gas
edit on 23-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

What do you make of this story?

“Most items on the Chemical weapons and equipment list were registered via the U.S. Army Soldier and Biological Chemical Command Edgewood Chemical Biological Center, 5183 Blackhawk Road, Gunpowder, Maryland.

“There is the M3381… a high-pressure backpack CS/CR gas or liquid dispenser and the M254, its high-pressure loading kit. On April 11, 2003 the US military TACOM contracting office put out a tender solicitation for 75 to 225 units."

Wikileaks Documents are involved here.

LINK

LINK2

edit on 23-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

what use to be creditable is no longer for now even the web links back to wiki links medlibrary.org... but there is hope., I did find one that well tell what CR is and does emedicine.medscape.com... from the link

Dibenz-(b,f)-1,4-oxazepine (CR) is a more recent tear gas, first synthesized in 1962. It reportedly is more potent and less toxic than CS. Part of its high safety profile is due to its low volatility, which minimizes its effects deep in the pulmonary system. However, it is still is not used widely. Pepper spray, or oleoresin capsicum (OC), is also considered a riot control agent.

edit on 23-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by Maxmars

.... it is not "Made in the USA."
combinedsystems.com...
www.nonlethaltechnologies.com...
These 'non lethal weapons' manufacturers/suppliers are both based in Pennsylvania USA.

These are delivery systems manufacturers.... I don't see any of them listing CR gas as a registered product. Not that it really matters to the victims.

The bottom line is the automatic assumption that America is responsible for some kind of foul play seems too "knee-jerk" and populist to simply accept at face value, barring a predisposition to vilify that country. It's something we a re all too familiar with.

Thus far this formulation has only been deployed east of the US on the other side of the Atlantic and not by US forces. In this case I think the association between Egyptian riot control efforts using combat-grade aerosols having something to do with the US is fallacious, or at the very least unsupported speculation.

Edit to add: You also missed the Bethesda Maryalnd-based; Zarc International Inc. which is a subsidiary of CT Corporation Systems.... (also international).... But therein lies more loose ends... Zarc is headed by President, CEO, and Chairman Cameron Loghman (www.kamranloghman.com...) who's profile is interesting.. to say the least.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

PS - en.wiktionary.org...
edit on 23-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is related but Yemeni protesters have convulsed in the past from "tear gas" just like the claims from the Egyptian doctor in my OP. This doctor's testimony if true is still only speculation so it's too early to jump to any conclusions.

A nti-government protesters may have been hit with nerve gas, doctors say

Earlier reports indicated that the gas used was tear gas, but doctors who have been treating the wounded refuted that claim today.

"The material in this gas makes people convulse for hours. It paralyses them. They couldn't move at all. We tried to give them oxygen but it didn't work," said Amaar Nujaim, a field doctor who works for Islamic Relief.

I'm wondering if the Yemeni tear gas is from the same source as the Egyptian tear gas. I'm not very knowledgeable about tear gas. Does anyone know if tear gas is supposed to cause you to convulse?
edit on 23-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
looks like america gave its former puppet egypt a little more than the usual toys they like to hand out...

somebody in dizzy city going to have some explaining to do...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I wonder is this to distract people from the fact that they are shooting dead people in egypt.

dozens have been killed this week.

I can't verify or disprove this claim but I remember other member's saying that many of the deaths in Egypt were due to asphyxiation. This was on Friday or Saturday. Their statement makes little more sense now.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Funny that almost everything in America is made in china but poison gas is one of the few things we make. Priorities?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I'm not sure if this is related but Yemeni protesters have convulsed in the past from "tear gas" just like the claims from the Egyptian doctor in my OP. This doctor's testimony if true is still only speculation so it's too early to jump to any conclusions.

A nti-government protesters may have been hit with nerve gas, doctors say

Earlier reports indicated that the gas used was tear gas, but doctors who have been treating the wounded refuted that claim today.

"The material in this gas makes people convulse for hours. It paralyses them. They couldn't move at all. We tried to give them oxygen but it didn't work," said Amaar Nujaim, a field doctor who works for Islamic Relief.

I am behind schedule because I got jacked up by the police on the way home (I know off topic) so I haven't had the chance to research any of this yet. I'm wondering if the Yemeni tear gas is from the same source as the Egyptian tear gas. I'm not very knowledgeable about tear gas. Does anyone know if tear gas is supposed to cause you to convulse?

usually tear gas causes eyes to water, runny nose and vomiting.

the other symptoms listed in yemen and egypt are from something else...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Thanks for the feedback

Here is a picture of the alleged canisters from the ABC link I posted on page one just in case anyone missed it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So as you said, if tear gas does not cause convulsions, and if the statements by these doctors are true, this can't be normal tear gas.

I wonder what the heck it is and why they're using it on the crowds.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for the feedback

Here is a picture of the alleged canisters from the ABC link I posted on page one just in case anyone missed it.

interesting.. but without being able to examine a patient exposed to this stuff and seeing the symptoms firsthand.. I wont make any guesses as to what it could be or recommend treatments..
theres a few possibilities.. Damn .. Bastards resort to using that type of..
Think am going to step back grab a cigarrette and cup of tea.. Need to curb my temper..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is another article on the situation from The Guardian.

Egyptian military using 'more dangerous' teargas on Tahrir Square protesters

Egyptian security forces are believed to be using a powerful incapacitating gas against civilian protesters in Tahrir Square following multiple cases of unconsciousness and epileptic-like convulsions among those exposed.

The Guardian has collected video footage as well as witness accounts from doctors and victims who have offered strong evidence that at least two other crowd control gases have been used on demonstrators in addition to CS gas.

Suspicion has fallen on two other agents: CN gas, which was the crowd control gas used by the US before CS was brought into use; and CR gas.

Some protesters report having seen canisters marked with the letters "CR" – although the Guardian has not been able to confirm this independently.

The link to the video is right above the article. If it's real then this is a big deal. Those people are pretty ill and you can see them convulsing while they appear to gasp for breathe.

I think the doctor says there are different canisters being found so if there are other gases being used, it does not necessarily mean they're from the U.S.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
CR gas is nasty stuff can lead to death if used in confined ares, not that it is commonly used, I did find this www.bionity.com... and then you can look up the use of it in South Africa and in Ireland, I have not found canisters no sales of CR, will post as soon as I do and look what was found www.lookchem.com... from the link

Safety:
Poison by intraperitoneal and intravenous routes. Moderately toxic by ingestion and inhalation. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. A human skin and eye irritant. Questionable carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic and tumorigenic data. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.Details
see where it is made? if not here look at this

Hangzhou Dayangchem Co., Ltd. [Verified-Silver Supplier 4th Years] ISO 3822China (Mainland)Tel:+86-571-88938639Address:B/2601 Fuli Building, 328# WenEr Rd. Hangzhou City 310012 China
so much for the made in the USA

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I suppose I should resign myself to the fact that this will be attributed to the Unites States regardless...

CR
Dibenzoxazepine

Color Code: Violet
Agent State: Micro-Particulate Solid
Classification: Irritant
CR is a potent sensory irritant. CR is the parent compound of Loxapine Succinate, an Anti-Psychotic drug. CR is usually disseminated in a liquid solution with a propylene glycol base.

CR’s physical properties are similar to those of CS, but CR’s effects on the individual are more severe. In addition to affecting the eyes and respiratory tract, CR induces intense skin pain.

CR causes eye pain and excessive tearing. Slight edema to the eye lids may last for 2 to 6 hours. Skin pain and reddening are CR’s two main effects. Although burning sensation may last for 15 to 30 minutes, the reddening may persist for several hours. Areas of the skin previously exposed to CR may become painful again when exposed to water even after 24 hours or longer. CR, when entering the mouth, causes a burning sensation, excessive salivation, sore throat, and a mucous discharge from the nose.

Health Hazards of CR

CR appears to have a greater safety ratio than either CN or CS. However, CR is a relatively toxic agent and the mortal dose in a human subject is of the same order of magnitude as the other war gases. In a poorly ventilated environment an individual can inhale a fatal dose within minutes. Death results from asphyxiation associated with the development of pulmonary edema.

CR medical treatment is largely palliative (to lessen the severity without cure), and induces reassurance, removal of contaminated clothing, and washing of eyes and skin. Eye pain can be relieved with medications.

Due to CR’s persistent and long-term effect, presently very few liability conscious agencies use this agent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join