It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Toronto Being SHUT DOWN!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
MODS - I searched 'occupy Toronto', and nothing about it being shut down showed up. If it has been, and I missed it, please move this to the appropriate thread.

If anyone outside of Southern Ontario is paying attention to the mainstream news, the OCCUPY TORONTO encampment is being shut down. I kind of expect to see violence.... but then again, this IS Canada after all..... We'll just sit back and be ROASTED by TPTB.
The Toronto Police seem to be taking their time, and being 'calm' about the whole ordeal..... But time will tell.

There has already been one arrest... I don't doubt there will be many others who will be 'made examples of'.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
of coarse the police are being calm. they don't want any more flack like they got from the last riots THEY STARTED. ya we're canadians and mellow! if the cops and city hall would have been patient,those people would have left on their own out of sheer boredom!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

I live in Toronto and have checked out the protests many times. I have also been watching the live stream of the police marching on the camp. I fully support the movement but the one in Toronto isnt actually doing anything. A lot of people playing drums and dancing but no real discussion of solutions. The numbers at the camp have fallen (around 70 i would say) but that number increased this morning with union workers joining in. One women was arrested so far and was later released with a court date set for trespassing.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just watching the livestream, I went down 2 nights ago to document what I expected to be a violent raid, but cops never showed. So far the police are behaving, letting people put their stuff away and take it, unlike the other raids like london and new york. I think its valid locals are upset about the camp, so the city should allow people to go to another park andcontinue their efforts, bi-law or no bi-law.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am glad to see that this is finally being taken care of, that these people are being moved out, and that it is being handled in a measured and civilized manner.

The camping out phase of this so-called movement is coming to an end everywhere...as well it should.

They made their point, got the attention of the media, had their fifteen weeks of fame. Now, if they actually want to accomplish something...join a political party - or create a new one - and work within the democratic system to lobby for changes to laws and social programs.

Creating park slums, banging drums and chanting is going to accomplish a whole lot of nothing. One of the other posters is right...we are bored with this whole Occupy thing. Entertainment value of near zero...effectiveness approaching absolute zero.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And nothing of value was lost...
I don't see why canadians were protesting with OWS in the first place
Wall street is an american thing
According to canadians canada is 10000000000 times better than america in every way
According to canadians their money is worth more than ours
Nearly everything OWS is protesting are american issues

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

yes, American issues that affects the entire world.

Damn Canadians shouldn't be protesting when the U.S economy = world economy. But what do I know

ps: if you can't understand this was sarcasm and on topic, you obviously don't know how the economy works now adays.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
According to canadians canada is 10000000000 times better than america in every way

So you think we live in a perfect country? thats pretty much what you just stated.
"I don't see why canadians were protesting with OWS in the first place"
Then you must not know ANYTHING about us.
We are just as F'ed up as your country, i know its your opinion, but making assumptions doesnt help anything.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

yes, American issues that affects the entire world. Damn Canadians shouldn't be protesting when the U.S economy = world economy. But what do I know .

Wait first we are arrogant Americans who put to much value in ourselves and we are foolish to think that our economy could effect anything other then ourselves....

Now that the idea could help OWS, we are as important as we say we are?

God I love this movement and its shining examples of blatant hypocrisy

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
yay good send em home! good riddance

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Even tho our currently is doing better than US some economy-wise but it still has the same problems at a different level.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Even tho our currently is doing better than US some economy-wise but it still has the same problems at a different level.

lol i guess education is not one of those areas that your "currently" is doing better "than US"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You missed my point entirely. I was in no way shape or form criticizing based on conutry, in fact labeling the situation is riduculous. FYI I am american, but I can clearly see that the actions of the U.S does effect the entire world. The U.S control the world economy.

To clarify my point (again). Because the U.S controls the world economy, Canadians, mexicans, japanese etc etc (it doesnt matter) have just as much right to protest like the ows are doing. In other words: we are all in this together.

edit on 23-11-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Well put

This revolution isnt limited to one country, and if you think that it is. you are wasting my air to breathe.
We each have our own problems, that NEED to be resolved.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
why didn't occupy toronto do what they did at occupy vancouver??

they simply marched their tents around the block and moved over to the courthouse from the art gallery, now they need a completely new injuction. it's genious really. set up your camp a block down the street.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

lol i guess education is not one of those areas that your "currently" is doing better "than US"

Nice. You just slapped somebody down for their use of the English language and for a lack of spelling/grammar prowess. I am not even sure that the author of that post is Canadian...as he/she says, "according to canadians". If the writer does call Canada home...perhaps their native language is French, or they are an immigrant from a non-English-speaking country.

Even if he was born and raised in Toronto, I am not sure what his level of English has to do with the points being made about OWS.

I find it interesting that you made this personal attack (for whatever reason you did), whilst your own signature states "Being a "revolutionary" is easy scream as loud as you can about freedom of speech then get super offended when someone has says something contrary to what you believe."

Might I suggest the following edit...

"Being a "revolutionary" is easy. Scream as as loud as you can about freedom of speech. Then get super-offended when someone else has something to say that is contrary to what you believe."

And yes...we all (including myself of course) make mistakes when it comes to use of language. Communication is always about the exchange of ideas...but does not always have to be delivered in correct form, in order to convey the intended message.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
vancouver general assembly is talking about mobile occuptations, i think this is a real good idea.

they're talking about being able to set up camps and move quickly. genious.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
vancouver general assembly is talking about mobile occuptations, i think this is a real good idea.

genius*

oh great... now all of canada will be a giant toilet...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by yourmaker

genius*

oh great... now all of canada will be a giant toilet...

you wanted to spell check genius and not "occuptations"?

or is that to get the point across that I am NOT "genious"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

oh no.. I do that on purpose actually Its like that George Bush twang lol I was just poking to lighten the mood

new topics

top topics

join