It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come There Exists No Mythological Being To Symbolize Our Birthdays?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Exactly and i have never heard anyone mention it before and as my mind was wandering while falling asleep one night a few years ago i realized theres no symbolic imaginary "being" to represent our birthdays.I just today remembered it and a lot,but not all,of the other "celebrations" we create were created for and are centered around children and birthdays to kids are 2nd only to christmas and most of the holidays have an imaginary being as well...but not birthdays.

People ocasionaly dress up as clowns on birthdays,but clowns are not imaginary mythological beings...

I have never seen anyone dress up as santa on halloween either...

edit on 23-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by BlueBanshee

Nothing ruins a birthday party like a demon. sigh

Or weird uncle Jim.
Good point...as in Satan Claws?..."Judy and Johnny,Mom and Dad did'nt work their fingers to the bone and their backs to the breaking point to buy you all these christmas toys and gifts,an imaginary being named Santa "Satan" ? made them and brought them here for you...Hmmmm?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I would imagine it's because your birthday is an unquestionable entity and profiteering companies don't need to convince you to buy anything because you probably will be anyhow.

Any other "holiday" is based on faith, therefore they have to convince you to spend, so they create Santa and likewise, so that if he doesn't come your kid is crushed and you're made to feel guilty as hell!

Cynical much?
I never had any faith in the easter bunny and yet he is kept alive in our imaginations and lives on and on...He always brought me too much chocolate and not enough vanilla chocolate anyways...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I would definitely like to know and anything else as well like "mystical knowledge or information"? you could tell me about my birthdate would be pretty cool to hear...its... March 9th 1966 and i have read that Pisces are the most psychic and clairvoyant of the star signs,which i most certainly am...

Notice those numbers?...All 3's and 6's and 9's...Hmmmm?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Mine's the dragon... representing the year I was born.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
reply to post by blocula

GOOD 1
Mine is the serpent see there you go blocula just took some digging. These are mythological beings symbolizing Birthdays- the ZODIAC from east to west.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Love your avi...as it is, I'm too born under the sign Ophiuchus, Dec 13th to be precise

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Cuervo

I would definitely like to know and anything else as well like "mystical knowledge or information"? you could tell me about my birthdate would be pretty cool to hear...its... March 9th 1966 and i have read that Pisces are the most psychic and clairvoyant of the star signs,which i most certainly am...

Notice those numbers?...All 3's and 6's and 9's...Hmmmm?

You are the 16th major arcana: The Tower. It is possible that your birth brought into your family an event (or era) that created a vacuum you have been trying to continually fill. This could be represented by a tragic loss that occurred during or near your birth.

This could, alternately, be the general theme of your life. If this is the case, you will (or probably already have) witness an extreme and profound loss that will tear away the lies and ignorance you have held on to for ages. This will leave a clean foundation on which to build true truths or more dull untruths.

This fulcrum is a great opportunity to completely grow spiritually and become the person you were meant to be.

So there you are. Your birthday mascot is a big flaming tower. Not exactly as happy looking as the Tooth Fairy but when was the last time the Tooth Fairy helped you find your destiny?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Destinyone, I like to make the avatars interesting now and then. I see your a Ophiuchus-on 12-13 interesting... My star sign the serpent is based off of the chinese zodiak. The western zodiak is a different sign tho, can get confusing. So you were a Sag and switched. I thought my western sign would switch as well but it didnt

edit on 11/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Thank you Destinyone, I like to make the avatars interesting now and then. I see your a Ophiuchus-on 12-13 interesting... My star sign the serpent is based off of the chinese zodiak. The western zodiak is a different sign tho, can get confusing. So you were a Sag and switched. I thought my western sign would switch as well but it didnt

edit on 11/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Yes, A Sag, that never quite felt that the sign fit me very well. The Chinese Zodiac has always fascinated me, so rich and complex.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

heres a cool 1 for you Destinyone

tomaash.net...

Mayan 13 moon sign, pretty cool. I find it amazing how the ancients found this information from stars.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Is this a serious question? We're all our own symbol/proof of our birthdays. Honestly... the people who post on here.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
reply to post by blocula

GOOD 1
Mine is the serpent see there you go blocula just took some digging. These are mythological beings symbolizing Birthdays- the ZODIAC from east to west.
I've never heard any of them used in america for anything,no mention of any zodiac in relation to anyones birthday,let alone for anything else.Unless while someones waiting for their meal in a chinese restaurant and then starts looking at the paper place mat and reads about the chinese zodiac to kill a little time...

Me,my mom,my dad,my aunts,my grandparents,their grand parents,my sisters,my sisters kids.None of them have ever once said,"happy birthday johnny what did your birthday dragon bring you" ?,or "happy birthday judy,what did your symbolic being,your imaginary birthday dragon bring you".

They are nothing at all like the symbolic imaginary beings we have for christmas,easter,our lost teeth,ect,ect...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
reply to post by blocula

Is this a serious question? We're all our own symbol/proof of our birthdays. Honestly... the people who post on here.

Why are you ranking down this thread? Because i was able to think of an original idea and post an original thread with a valid question?

Santa brings christmas,the easter bunny brings easter eggs in baskets,tooth fairies take lost teeth and leaves money,halloween is witches,ghosts and goblins and they are all imaginary beings used in direct relation to those holidays and customs...

Birthdays to kids are 2nd only to christmas and adults celebrate them as well,whos the imaginary being that brings birthday presents?...No one...Why?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

heres a cool 1 for you Destinyone

tomaash.net...

Mayan 13 moon sign, pretty cool. I find it amazing how the ancients found this information from stars.

Thank you and Bless You. What a beautiful site. I've bookmarked it.for more study. The Ancients are so much wiser than modern man cares to accept. I feel so much is being discovered in ancient sites being excavated, that is rocking some scholars to the bottom of their souls.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Theres even Cupid for valentines day,but no being to represent our birthdays...

and its probably because our birthdays are much more personal and they are not celebrated by everyone and every holiday is a fabricated holiday,with a fabricated being to go along with it,to represent that holiday...

just to help amp up the big money incomes that so many people and companies rake in on fabricated holidays, from the adult peer pressure that they impose upon us...

especially the middle class,who are made to feel like they have to spend money on and for every holiday,wether they can afford to or not and they even ridicule those who didnt comply and didnt put themselves further into debt...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Theres the "birthday clown" but thats not an imaginary mythological being created to represent that occasion, just someone dressed up in a costume and most childrens birthdays dont involve clowns and i've never even seen a clown at anyones birthday party,except on television...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think the whole "birthday " thing stems from the young of late, celebrating the fact they'd made it another year without succumbing to fever and pandemics. No mythology needed. There isn't a cake fairy and mommy gets more than her fair share of recognition for actually giving birth. I don't know

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Mind doin mine? May 3, 1986

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
reply to post by Cuervo

Mind doin mine? May 3, 1986

I'll try to give you a personalized on either tonight or in the morning.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join