It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protester's miscarriage claim questioned...."My daughter is a compulsive liar,"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

She said she learned the sex of her fetus about 10 weeks into her pregnancy via an ultrasound test, although gender typically is not detected via ultrasound until the 16th week of pregnancy, according to a medical journal.

The Seattle Times

My wife is just over 18 weeks pregnant. We will find out this Friday what the gender is. There is NO WAY that this girl was able to find out the gender of 'her baby' at only 10 weeks.

Interesting story though. I happen to live in Seattle and have heard about this girl. I'd hate to call her a liar but her claim to knowing the gender of the baby after only 10 weeks is crazy.

With that being said, if she lied about knowing the gender of 'her baby', then it makes it harder to believe and trust anything else she has said.

edit on 24-11-2011 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't have the time to read through the entire thread right now, but did watch the video of her interview on the first page. (so if this has been brought up already, my apologies)

But I find her statement and overall demeanor strange for a women who lost her baby.

She says:
"Cops did a lot of damage to my stomach . . . "

???

I don't know, I would think that if this was true she would be crying and saying stuff like, "they made me loose my baby," "My baby's gone because of them," "Those bastards killed my baby." Something to that effect.

But "Cops did a lot of damage to my stomach . . ."

That doesn't even make sense, and she didn't even seem upset. But her eyes did light up when she mentioned the lawsuit. Maybe $15 million, maybe $25 million. As long as it's a lot of money. I mean, there was a lot of damage to her stomach.

I'm calling Bravo Sierra on this one.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Accusing someone of murder or attempted murder should be illegal when it is not true.

*The irony is not lost on me that her name is FOX.
edit on 24-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: apparently I was coming off as hostile and creepy, so I took stuff out as not to offend.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

What do you bet that she doesn't know babies are in the uterus and not the stomach

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Alright, I agree with your point but you're a little overzealous in the hostility. It's a bit creepy.

Edit- Thanks likestars for the edit, was very courteous fo you. kudos

edit on 24-11-2011 by moondancer811 because: see above

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by moondancer811

I edited my post to sound less creepy and less hostile.

Have a pleasant day,
ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You did, thank you. I may have just been being overly sensitive as well, but was very gentlemanly of you to do so.

Now if only the rest of the world were to be so diplomatic, eh?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Stebbins said Fox, whom she parented for 10 years, has a pattern of exaggeration. "My daughter is a compulsive liar," Stebbins said. "She's a wannabe drama queen."

Stebbins' older daughter echoed the statements in a separate interview.

"I seriously doubt, that if she is claiming she had a miscarriage, that she was even pregnant," said Nicole Botes, who has known Fox for a decade. "I'd like to see actual medical reports."

Sounds to me like they aren't even in contact perhaps? Wouldn't a pregnant women that had a miscarriage be in close contact with mum if they were on good terms?

Although suing for 10 - 25 mil is kinda.... oh i don't know! I'll just wait till this case develops further
edit on 24/11/11 by blarged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blarged

Stebbins said Fox, whom she parented for 10 years, has a pattern of exaggeration. "My daughter is a compulsive liar," Stebbins said. "She's a wannabe drama queen."

Stebbins' older daughter echoed the statements in a separate interview.

"I seriously doubt, that if she is claiming she had a miscarriage, that she was even pregnant," said Nicole Botes, who has known Fox for a decade. "I'd like to see actual medical reports."

Sounds to me like they aren't even in contact perhaps? Wouldn't a pregnant women that had a miscarriage be in close contact with mum if they were on good terms?

try again

‘It hurts. It’s upsetting. I was ready to have a kid, because my family was going to support me in taking care of the child. Her name was going to be Miracle,’ Ms Fox has said.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 24-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

Originally posted by The Old American
So she won't produce any evidence to support her case, but she's expecting to be able to sue for millions? What is she going to do when asked for proof up on the stand? You can bet that there will be no settlement. The city will want to go to trial on this one, and she will have to put up or shut up.

/TOA

According to the OP's source:

She also said she did not plan to pick up medical records at Harborview Medical Center that could document the miscarriage until after a planned memorial service Saturday, and she declined to sign a waiver allowing reporters to obtain the documents independently. She said the baby was a girl, to be named Miracle.

I agree that she should have to put up or shut up.

It looks like the evidence is not likely to be released until after the weekend....if it exists at all...

Well the one good thing about this is that there's no baby. Miracle strikes me as a 'live in a trailer park with 10 kids and smoke meth' sort of name

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Sorry it wasn't a baton, but a bicycle and a kick. My bad.

I made the reference to the 85 year old lady because it seems to be forming a pattern here- of the police going after the folks who cannot defend themselves, such as pregnant and old folks who can't move quickly enough to get out of the way.

Yeah there is a video out there on the net with her on it. I have no idea if she's telling the truth or not- I just put my opinion out there with the rest of the folks. This kind of behavior by cops absolutely disgusts me.

Have a great day!
SK

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I will reserve judgement until all the facts come out. I think though that this is just the tip of the iceburg of things to come with the OWS movement.

I still believe that even if she wasn't pregnant, and yelled she was, that the cops behavior after that fact, shows just how much respect they have for our citizenship. Absolutely NONE. They are trained thugs, nothing like the police of my growing up years, where they actually made an effort to "protect and serve". Great behavior, coming from folks we pay with our tax money (in theory).

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

I too would like to see some proof she was actually pregnant. As for why she was there, there could be any number of reasons, up to and including being homeless and wanting to be "part of something bigger than herself". Who knows why people act in such an ignorant way? Still doesn't exclude the police department's culpability in their own actions. It seems, from all the articles I've read over the past few years, that WA state is getting quite the reputation for police brutality. Sad.

Thanks for the reply!!!

SK

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Thanks Equidae for another perspective on this whole thing. I appreciate your taking the time to educate me a little on crowd control issues.

The sad part is none of us knows the truth of the matter and it may be some time until we find out. Perhaps she is lying, who knows? It sure is seeming more like it, but making a judgement call on that is not my place, until all the facts are in. Gals who are 3 months pregnant may not even "show" at that point- I had 4 kids and never "showed" until 4-5 months in, and I'm a slender 5-6 125lb female. Pregnancy is easy to disguise in the first trimester, especially these days, with hiphuggers being so popular- it would be easy to hide an early pregnancy.

However, the one thing I learned after I posted the first time, was seeing her video of financial demands (suing), and the fact that she claims to have known the sex of her child through ultrasound at 10 weeks, which from my own experience, is just about impossible. They don't even LOOK for a child's sex until the 16 week mark, and even then, unless baby is positioned just right, you may not see anything! I can say this from experience, as only one of my 4 children was sexed during my pregnancies with ultrasound methods.

Again, thanks!! Have a great weekend!
SK

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I ashamed of this story ,

About as much as im ashamed of the OWS movement.

Occupy disinformation , Occupy minds to make almost every siutation "Police brutality"

gimme a break

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

I think you hit it right on te nose. The issue does not lie with her being pregnent or not but how the cops reacted to her claim. The future looks bleek when a cop has no scruples and has a total disregard to thewell being of a pregnant woman. Not to mention the elderly and the people they vowed to protect. I don't condone violence but I would love to see a protester pepper spray an out of line cop. And I stress out-of-line...well that's a bunch of them I guess.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
I think the issue at hand here isn't really whether she was actually pregnant or not, it was the cops' reaction to her yelling "I'm pregnant", at which point they proceeded to baton and kick her in the belly.

I dunno, you think if she's lying about the preg/miscarriage, she might also be lying about all the rest?

Liars tend to lie. Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by moondancer811

You did, thank you. I may have just been being overly sensitive as well, but was very gentlemanly of you to do so.

I think you were right, after re-reading what I posted I could see how it could have been interpreted as being hostile. I didn't mean to come off that way, so I just took a sentence out and reduced the size of some of the text. It was a long day for me yesterday, and maybe I was too tired to be posting. Had a 7 hour car trip with my brother, his daughter, and my dog yesterday. So maybe I wasn't being as sympathetic/altruistic as I usually am.

Now if only the rest of the world were to be so diplomatic, eh?

I love Canada

Have a good week & weekend Moondancer,
ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

She refuses to release her medical records....why? She is making a claim...a very bold claim....she needs to back it up.

Well, I'll tell you one thing, this girl can refuse to release any records she wants, but if she plans on suing anyone for millions.....or even a penny, she'd better have her happy ass ready to sign some medical release forms for ALL records relating to any pregnancy.

Releasing your medical records to the media is not a prerequisite for legal action. There is a possibility that there is something embarrassing in her medical record regarding her pregnancy (Multiple partners would discredit her in prudish America. Or possibly an STD, a rape, or both) that she would rather not release until she gets her time in court to keep from being dissuaded via public condemnation.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
she was looking for attention and a big payday at taxpayer expense...

at least she got attention.. as to payday - go find a job and earn an honest living.

typical thinking the world owes her a living...

Well, if her claims are true, then the world doesn't owe her a living, but the city sure owes her.

Kind of hard for the homeless to get a job too, what with a lack of an address and little access to hygene. Employers frown on that sort of stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join