It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protester's miscarriage claim questioned...."My daughter is a compulsive liar,"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So she won't produce any evidence to support her case, but she's expecting to be able to sue for millions? What is she going to do when asked for proof up on the stand? You can bet that there will be no settlement. The city will want to go to trial on this one, and she will have to put up or shut up.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm torn between my hatred for cops(Which I'll admit is a hypocrisy of mine) and my dislike for the OWS. from the evidence I've seen so far I'm more inclined into believing that she was lying and just trying to get $$. If thats true then shame on her, because if she was not only is it going to reflect on her its also going to unfairly reflect on the OWS. Its important to remember her actions also betray the OWS. Though it was their fault for making a martyr out of her.

Anyways its a complicated situation and I suspect whatever the outcome is gonna be a make or break for the OWS. That is in less they sweep it under the rug.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
So she won't produce any evidence to support her case, but she's expecting to be able to sue for millions? What is she going to do when asked for proof up on the stand? You can bet that there will be no settlement. The city will want to go to trial on this one, and she will have to put up or shut up.

/TOA

According to the OP's source:

She also said she did not plan to pick up medical records at Harborview Medical Center that could document the miscarriage until after a planned memorial service Saturday, and she declined to sign a waiver allowing reporters to obtain the documents independently. She said the baby was a girl, to be named Miracle.

I agree that she should have to put up or shut up.

It looks like the evidence is not likely to be released until after the weekend....if it exists at all...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just feel sorry for all the people who jumped on the previous claim, and now this came up. Made most of everyone who responded on this site look like fools.. Especially the ones who felt sorry for her. Ohhh well, I am glad I didn't get into that mix.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I just feel sorry for all the people who jumped on the previous claim, and now this came up. Made most of everyone who responded on this site look like fools.. Especially the ones who felt sorry for her. Ohhh well, I am glad I didn't get into that mix.

Thats the funny part, that thread is still going strong and has all those flags.........

but this one has fallen into the back of the pile..........

Apparently people dont like being wrong..........

Ive also noticed all those championing this woman have been strangely absent

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd say good riddance if the police did cause her to have a miscarriage. Would you really want another person like her living in our society?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

And her reason for not picking up the medical records

"I have some stuff to do today," said Fox, .............. "I have to get some stuff done."

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I was a huge OWS supporter, in the beginning, from behind my TV and computer screen.
Then I went to OWS and saw it for what it was. I was actually scared to walk around in there.

I don't support OWS anymore. I support the concept, the initial movement and that's all. A good percentage of the people camping there didn't even support OWS or even understand, intellectually, what it was about. Sickening.

This girl is just another example of what we do not need in this society--she makes real activists fighting for a cause they truly believe in look like fools.
OWS did more damage than it did good.

edit on 23-11-2011 by moondancer811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

thanks for the link , imo her step parents sound like nice folks ,

the accusations she made about her stepfather sound horrible ,

miscarried one of a twin....erm..........right

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why is this women being irresponsible to to put her child at risk? Who is directly responsible for this child and bringing that child into this world? Maybe she should blame OWS? Why not blame the 99%, the odds are much better.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am pro OWS, but I have to admit I was skeptical of this woman's claims after seeing her somewhat dramatic behavior in a few short video clips. That whole Justin Bieber baby daddy story is still fresh in the media, and I have a really good bull# detector/character meter.

If I'm wrong, shame on me for questioning her. If she's lying... pure scum move regardless of how hard they kicked her.
edit on 11/23/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
the girl's a street kid junkie...junkies "can be" (not all the time) compulsive liars. i live 4 blocks from downtown seattle...i've seen her round town even before the Occupy Movement started...and unless she was knocked up between then and now..she looked like all the other street rats...dirty, spaced out, rockin their lives on the fringe. by the looks of her i'd say yeah, her parents sucked at raising her...

i wish her the best of luck in her pursuit of 10 million, maybe 25 million. reminds me of Austin Powers..."ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I think that's a great point. Whether you're Pro or Con this story of hers stinks to high heaven. Now, can we all get back to discussing some real OWS issues? I think the whole attention starved prego girl deal has ran it's course...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Is anyone really surprised by this? It's par for course with OWS. I had to laugh at those in the other thread claiming "murder". Where are they now?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wow. Well, that's an interesting family dynamic...
But it does make sense. I have no interest in ever having kids, but that if I lost a baby I was planning to have then I'd be a bit more focused on the grief than whether I should get 10 or 25 million dollars

edit on 23/11/11 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Is anyone really surprised by this? It's par for course with OWS. I had to laugh at those in the other thread claiming "murder". Where are they now?

Even if there was a baby it wasn't murder. It may come as a surprise to some people on ATS, but cops do not walk around saying, "Must kill babies!"

I am pro-choice, and pretty liberal, but I think it's typical political theater that abortion is okay except when it's politically convenient to spin it (the opposite scenario included). I'm sure if Al Gore ran her over in a Prius then you wouldn't hear a word about the baby

edit on 23/11/11 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/11/11 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
I think the issue at hand here isn't really whether she was actually pregnant or not, it was the cops' reaction to her yelling "I'm pregnant", at which point they proceeded to baton and kick her in the belly. There was also an 85 year old woman pepper sprayed.

And just because the mom says this gal is possibly lying, or a drama queen, doesn't make it so. My mother has been spreading rumours around about me since I was a young girl,(I'm nearly 50 now) and although not true, many have chosen to believe what they want to., saying well it's her mom that's saying this so it must be true. Until you know the real family dynamic, one shouldn't listen to the rantings and ravings of family members who may indeed, not have her best interest at heart.

And if indeed they did target her like that after she told them she was pregnant, the cops involved should be held responsible, regardless if it was true or not. The IDEA that they would target a pregnant woman's fetus, intending it harm or death, is just despicable. They should be held responsible as any other citizen who does intentional, criminal harm to an unborn child.

If she was pregnant, the records should be there, the doctor's visits and the ER room visit and miscarriage after being beaten senseless. I think it prudent to wait on proof, not take as proof that her family calls her a drama queen or other unsavoury names.

It's pretty likely that the cop may have not even heard her. He more than likely had an adrenaline rush, had on protective gear, and the noise in the crowd must have been tremendous. I've had basic crowd control training, and one of the things I was taught was to react based on body language more than what you hear (if you can even hear much of anything.) In that situation you are not just reacting to one person, but keeping vigilance on all sides of you while making a threat assessment of the people around you that changes constantly. You also have to be prepared for being attacked or having bricks/glass/whatever thrown at you.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Shame on her for lying. But the cop that beat her didnt know this. He heard she was preg and still went on with it. I hope she was just lying, but doesnt change the fact the cop was hitting a female. Shameful display of control.

What happened to suing for dmg owed? U get in a car accident, u sue for your car dmg, medical, time lost from work and move on. Everyone makes mistakes. Peoples greed is amazing.
edit on 23-11-2011 by CharonIncarnate because: (no reason given)

Just because someone is female does not make them any less of a potential threat in that sort of situation. Never underestimate what someone can do, especially if they're caught up in the anonymity of the mob mentality. I can't remember the exact name, but it's essentially saying the more people you do something with the more likely you are to diffuse any personal guilt/blame.

That's one of the reasons you use several people on a firing squad with only one firing a real bullet. That's also part of why the military deploys machine gun crews and snipers in pairs: the spotter assesses when and who to shoot, the gunner takes the actual shot.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by littled16

Starred

The fact is that no police officer has the right to hit (or pepper spray) anyone who didn't take a swing at him first! I think that if people want to get riled up about anything THAT should be what they're mad about!

Now let's talk again about war strategy and the manipulative head games TPTB (and their goons/traitors) use to disband and discredit a action or movement they want to stop....................place someone in there or use someone to distract the movement's objectives itself...........distract, disrupt, discredit.

If this young woman is lying double shame on her.

But again, the cop had no business using chemical warfare and that is exactly what spraying pepper spray onto those people was. They were sitting and unarmed.

I think the news or someone ought to investigate this young lady as well as her family real thoroughly.

Does her "family" (are they her biological family???) have any military, police, CIA, government ties?

Is the girl a compulsive liar? Any criminal record? Homeless, why? Was she really pregnant?

Without all the data none of us can make a accurate assessment of this young lady.

Again, bottom line.......................watch Egypt, watch Greece, the world - things are escalating and thankfully in America our police answer to local authority vs many countries where you have police that answer to the government.

If you or a loved one goes to a protest, wear a gas mask, helmet and protective clothing..............don't bring the kids.
edit on 23-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

Pepper spray and C2 hurt like a bitch (I've experienced both), but it is often the safest way to disperse a crowd before it boils over into a full on riot. In order to carry mace or a taser cops have to experience both to help teach when either might be warranted. Waiting for violence to start means you have lost control of the situation, and that is when people get hurt. When compared to tasers, mounted police, rubber bullets, beanbag guns, etc pepper spray/C2 leaves no long term ill effects (and the discomfort is usually gone after about 30 minutes.) I was not there, so I am not saying it was justified. I am just trying to give context for why the cop might have done that.
edit on 24/11/11 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I think that's a great point. Whether you're Pro or Con this story of hers stinks to high heaven. Now, can we all get back to discussing some real OWS issues? I think the whole attention starved prego girl deal has ran it's course...

Thank you. It pains me to acknowledge this, but I think we've run off-course on the issue.
Please carry on...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join