It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protester's miscarriage claim questioned...."My daughter is a compulsive liar,"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

A Seattle teenager's claim that abuse by Seattle police caused her to miscarry has become a viral Internet sensation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, but no evidence has emerged to support her allegation.

Fox has declined to provide medical records supporting her claim that she had a miscarriage five days after being hit, and her family has cast doubt on the claim.

Stebbins said Fox, whom she parented for 10 years, has a pattern of exaggeration. "My daughter is a compulsive liar," Stebbins said. "She's a wannabe drama queen."

Stebbins' older daughter echoed the statements in a separate interview.

"I seriously doubt, that if she is claiming she had a miscarriage, that she was even pregnant," said Nicole Botes, who has known Fox for a decade. "I'd like to see actual medical reports."

In an interview Tuesday at the Occupy Seattle encampment on Capitol Hill, Fox said she had three ultrasound pictures of her fetus in her tent, but declined to show them to reporters.

She said she learned the sex of her fetus about 10 weeks into her pregnancy via an ultrasound test, although gender typically is not detected via ultrasound until the 16th week of pregnancy, according to a medical journal.

The Seattle Times

So this story has been gaining much traction and this Miss Fox has become an instant martyr in the struggle against police brutality. However it seems those who rush in to rally around her may walk away with egg on their face.

edit on 23-11-2011 by GuyverUnit I because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If the girl is lying then shame on her! She is just hurting the movement that she supposedly supports. If she's not lying then shame on the naysayers!

I don't know who is lying and who is telling the truth. Heck, I'm not even a big supporter of the OWS movement. The fact is that no police officer has the right to hit anyone who didn't take a swing at him first! I think that if people want to get riled up about anything THAT should be what they're mad about!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I posted this in the other thread, but I think it got lost in the debate.

The Stranger.com has posted an update to this story.

Pregnant Woman Blasted with Pepper Spray by SPD Says She Miscarried (Updated)
UPDATE on Nov. 22 at 4:18 PM: Acting on an anonymous tip, we heard that Seattle police found Fox in a house six nearly nine weeks ago. According to a police report in which the names have been redacted, a suspect who appears to have a three-letter last name "said she is three months pregnant... and began crying when [a suspect] was arrested. [The person with a three-letter last name] began holding her stomach and screaming that it hurt." The woman was transferred to Harborview Medical Center. We are attempting to contact Fox to ask if she is the woman in the police report.

I also found a TV news interview, she plans to sue for 10 or 25 million.

OiO

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
She's looking for a pay day. Hate to be a stickler for evidence but with out her medical notes its all hear say and remember the sites motto, deny ignorance.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think the issue at hand here isn't really whether she was actually pregnant or not, it was the cops' reaction to her yelling "I'm pregnant", at which point they proceeded to baton and kick her in the belly. There was also an 85 year old woman pepper sprayed.

And just because the mom says this gal is possibly lying, or a drama queen, doesn't make it so. My mother has been spreading rumours around about me since I was a young girl,(I'm nearly 50 now) and although not true, many have chosen to believe what they want to., saying well it's her mom that's saying this so it must be true. Until you know the real family dynamic, one shouldn't listen to the rantings and ravings of family members who may indeed, not have her best interest at heart.

And if indeed they did target her like that after she told them she was pregnant, the cops involved should be held responsible, regardless if it was true or not. The IDEA that they would target a pregnant woman's fetus, intending it harm or death, is just despicable. They should be held responsible as any other citizen who does intentional, criminal harm to an unborn child.

If she was pregnant, the records should be there, the doctor's visits and the ER room visit and miscarriage after being beaten senseless. I think it prudent to wait on proof, not take as proof that her family calls her a drama queen or other unsavoury names.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Mainstream bs, any parent, and i mean absolutely any parent that says such a thing about their child deserves absolutely no respect, IMO, period. Even if your child did lie from time to time, any decent parent would defend thier child and would certainly not say they are a "compulsive liar" to mainstream media and potentially trash thier life.

When are people going to wake up to mainstream cr*p.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I also found a TV news interview, she plans to sue for 10 or 25 million.
]

Yep .. THERE IT IS. Strange, eh? Supposedly puts the life of her unborn child in danger in order to protest against big $$$ ... and here she is wanting to get her slice of the big pie. Yep.

edit on 11/23/2011 by FlyersFan because: fix quote

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
any parent, and i mean absolutely any parent that says such a thing about their child deserves absolutely no respect,.

any parent, and I mean absolutely any parent, that is brave enough to admit that their child has mental health issues - being a compulsive liar is one - should be applauded. (as long as what they say is true). The parents of Casey Anthony for example. Admitting their daughter is a compulsive liar was vitally important to the police investigation.

For the parents to come out and admit their daughter is a compulsive liar is very important in this case ... the careers of first responders are in jeapordy ... and the woman wants a big payout of tens of millions of dollars for something that may not of even happened ... that's taxpayer money!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Oh wow, that sounds like a lovely parent. Something tells me these two didn't have a great relationship. I don't believe this girl's story, but the word of a foster mother who seems to hate her "daughter" shouldn't be the final word on the subject.

And wow, what a bitch. If i was homeless on the street and my mother found out she'd come get my ass faster than the speed of light. As for her not telling "mom" she was preggo, there are lot's of reasons why women don't share it. Maybe she didn't want to hear "mom's" guaranteed tongue lashing.

Either way, I don't think she was ever preggo, but wow what a dysfunctional lot.
edit on 23-11-2011 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Shame on her for lying. But the cop that beat her didnt know this. He heard she was preg and still went on with it. I hope she was just lying, but doesnt change the fact the cop was hitting a female. Shameful display of control.

What happened to suing for dmg owed? U get in a car accident, u sue for your car dmg, medical, time lost from work and move on. Everyone makes mistakes. Peoples greed is amazing.
edit on 23-11-2011 by CharonIncarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Starred

The fact is that no police officer has the right to hit (or pepper spray) anyone who didn't take a swing at him first! I think that if people want to get riled up about anything THAT should be what they're mad about!

Now let's talk again about war strategy and the manipulative head games TPTB (and their goons/traitors) use to disband and discredit a action or movement they want to stop....................place someone in there or use someone to distract the movement's objectives itself...........distract, disrupt, discredit.

If this young woman is lying double shame on her.

But again, the cop had no business using chemical warfare and that is exactly what spraying pepper spray onto those people was. They were sitting and unarmed.

I think the news or someone ought to investigate this young lady as well as her family real thoroughly.

Does her "family" (are they her biological family???) have any military, police, CIA, government ties?

Is the girl a compulsive liar? Any criminal record? Homeless, why? Was she really pregnant?

Without all the data none of us can make a accurate assessment of this young lady.

Again, bottom line.......................watch Egypt, watch Greece, the world - things are escalating and thankfully in America our police answer to local authority vs many countries where you have police that answer to the government.

If you or a loved one goes to a protest, wear a gas mask, helmet and protective clothing..............don't bring the kids.
edit on 23-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

I think the issue at hand here isn't really whether she was actually pregnant or not, it was the cops' reaction to her yelling "I'm pregnant", at which point they proceeded to baton and kick her in the belly. There was also an 85 year old woman pepper sprayed.

That's the thing. We can only "see" her being sprayed, not beaten.

Her "mother" (foster mother) called her a liar, as well as he foster sister.

the police apparently already dealt with her back in September when she claimed to be 3 months pregnant.

Sorry, I support OWS, but I'm ready to call BS on this. You simply can't take her word for it, she refuses to release any medical records and has a documented case of claiming to be 3 months pregnant in September.

This doesn't at all change the police actions into being 'ok', but sorry, this girl is merely jumping in to try to cash in, and is a perfect example of the elements that need to be forcibly removed from ows

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
She refuses to release her medical records....why? She is making a claim...a very bold claim....she needs to back it up.

I said in the original thread that the story contradicted itself...and that NO doctor is going to tell her that the miscarriage was due to the "kick" and the "pepper spray getting to the fetus". Doctors don't usually pinpoint a cause for something like this...especially FIVE days after the incident. Because it puts them on the line for future lawsuits to have to go testify as to WHY and to PROVE that it was caused by what they said.

Maybe all the OWS supporters who joined in the mob mentality and wanted to lynch some police will now realize how foolish it is to make a decision without knowing the FACTS.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

Shame on her for lying.
To be fair, this hasn't been proven yet, but it sure seems likely.

But the cop that beat her didnt know this. He heard she was preg and still went on with it. I hope she was just lying, but doesnt change the fact the cop was hitting a female. Shameful display of control.
Again, to be fair, I cannot argue with this.
edit on 23-11-2011 by GuyverUnit I because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Parents like that make me sick. Bashing her own daughter in the public eye.
I would not have told that mother either. Parents like that rarely know what is going on, because the kids don't want to deal with crap like she just said when they tell them. Good example of a crappy parent.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Meh, she will be having Beibers kid soon too.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Too bad the Truth isn't Viral sometimes...

It's too late.
People have eaten the original claim up like manna from heaven.

The truth will be ignored and buried because it simply doesn't fit.

Oh well...

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, heaven forbid that many of the terrible truths of OWS come to light. I mean, every single protester has a halo and can do no wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually it fits like a glove. Young and displaced pregnant daughter goes to Occupy, loses baby, mom that had no clue about the baby bashes daughter as liar. Mom doesn't realize that she's a terrible parent and daughter never wanted to tell her to begin with. Text book failed foster parent.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Well this is a conspiracy site.

That sounds like a possible Conspiracy theory to me. Especially now that she plans to sue for Millions...

edit on 23-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join