It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom hurls himself into river hours after marriage...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A man married sunday threw himself in the river in the Bronx on Sunday.He left a note and his ring inside an envelope.

“He said [in the note] he couldn’t take it anymore, and to take care of the kids,” Brazier’s sister, Shawna Weeks, told The Post.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

A Bronx groom hurled himself into the Harlem River over the weekend — just hours after exchanging marriage vows with his longtime love.
Fernando Brazier, 28, took the fatal leap after leaving a suicide note for his bride, Trudian Hay, at the front desk of the Radisson Hotel in New Rochelle, where the couple and family members spent the night after celebrating their wedding.

“He said [in the note] he couldn’t take it anymore, and to take care of the kids,” Brazier’s sister, Shawna Weeks, told The Post.

“He left his ring in the envelope.”

My question was money involved...and the life insurance issue?But then again you don't collect under these circumstances,Do you?

NYPOST

Read more: www.nypost.com...
edit on 23-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wow it takes most guys a good 10-20 years to go from marriage to suicidal. This guy is way ahead of the curve

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If I knew how my first marriage was going to play out I would have done the same.

Then again, I would have just faked it and ran off to the Caymens with that cute young thing from accounting.

edit on 23-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
His wife probably wanted an insane marriage which he knew he couldn't afford. He knew by having said marriage he would be unable to pay for his family to live.

This or he was in an abusive relationship.

That or she banged some dude on their wedding night.

Who knows.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It would be interesting to have a backround on the guy.
What was his career, and if he was connected to anything that might get him "whacked".

I would be surprised if they didn't have any surveilance video of the surrounding areas to follow his route.

Makes the mind wander. Also any financia,l or metal problems, would also be important details.
edit on 23-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Talk about *cold* feet...

Sorry, that was too easy. But honestly that's kind of brutal, wonder what got him so upset?

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Theres got to be more to this story..I will look for more...
Anyone find more ..Please post..My isp is REALLY SLOW today??

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
that's terrible .. maybe he's gay. It's still obviously frowned upon in the African-American community maybe he thought he took his lie too far with marriage and there is no way out now.

I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised. Thanks for the link OP.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
probably driven to it by non-stop nagging once the ceremony was over...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The poor guy obviously had issues. I'm guessing he was mentally unstable. It's too bad family and friends weren't able to help sooner. About the insurance.. Some do have a suicide clause that prevents payment but maybe not all. Really sad that there are children involved

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mangojuice

Are you kidding? Did you just bring race into this? Shakes head...

Always has to be one buffoon in the mix.

Maybe the families just didn't get along...

edit on 23-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Leaping from a bridge was totally unnecessary. Hell, his life was already over from the moment he said "I do".

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wow...

I feel bad for the guy, who is now dead.

He just got married, which for most is a happy day yet he took his life 4 hours AFTER the ceremony and even left a note.

Thinking like a female I think he planned this....I am going to assume his wife was some "evil" type chick and he just couldn't deal with it....again I am assuming. Maybe he chose to take his life on his wedding day because it would be something she could never forget? I dont know, sounds crazy but it could happen...

So any more information on their relationship or him?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Story really does not give much to work with,as far as a reason.?

The thing that sticks in my mind is that the children lost a dad..He definitely felt pretty strongly about the whatever it was that drove him to that point.
Hopefully this will be updated later..Or picked up by another news source..

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Did he really "hurl" himself, or did he just sort of hop in nonchalantly?

At least he was decent enough not to tear his eyeballs out in front of everyone!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

All of the suicides that I know of, and had knowledge of the circumstances, either involved:

1) Extreme physical pain and/or terminal illness.

2) Extreme emotional pain due to spousal/significant other emotional or verbal abuse, or cheating.

2 usually involved prior history of depression or other mental illness, and the abuse or heartbreak apparently pushed them over that fine line between coping and giving up (IMO).

I have also read much anecdotal evidence of people beginning use of certain antidepressants commiting suicide without any warning signs evident to those around them.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Maybe he was pressured into doing the responsible thing,(get married)...and Because he was suffering from some sort mental issues, the overwhelming feeling every guy gets..and the End result was that it was too much to handle...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

There are a lot of factors at play and you're the 'bafoon' for choosing to ignore them, I choose not to. You also don't know the first thing about me so you can take a seat and be quiet.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Weak people kill themselves every day. What makes this ATS worthy? and why is it in Social Issues and Civil Unrest?

"Social Issues and Civil Unrest: Discussion of increasing civil unrest, inspired by the citizenry's distrust or anger toward their government throughout the world. This forum is also for the examination of government corruption, mismanagement, or other issues in social programs, the arts, and immigration."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
He was a rapper, and had a song about killing himself, several times, in one song. heh. It's pretty graphic. I'm pretty sure it was that guy. In any case, let me say that I'm sad for everyone involved. That he felt life was that bad is truly sad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join