It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points being made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What's man's point being made across to God? What's God's point being made across to man?

Anyone have any idea? Please share. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
God: Obey me or go to hell.

Man: Gladly.

And some obey and go to heaven. And many disobey and go to hell.

I think that summarizes it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I would say mans current message to god is on the lines of: "watch out god, we're coming to get you!".

Based on the fact that we are leaving the planet and exploring space, decoding our DNA and genetic sequences, creating new forms, geo engineering, etc etc. Actually, rethinking the message now, something more on the lines of:

"God? Pah, that is so last century"

And God's message to man? "You will worship and go to church (whatever denomination) and you will respect me. No, where are you going? Come back here this instant, i command it............"
edit on 23-11-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
God: ( A great many things. Most of them them subject to misunderstanding, as even more are relayed without the use of words either spoken or written, But mainly silent.. He has a lot of impersonators.. )

Man: ( An ever greater amount of things. Most of them unimportant..)
edit on 23-11-2011 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Man's "point" is that he desires a deity to help him make sense of a universe that is in a state of chaos at all times. Man craves order and meaning, even when there is none. Thus man creates God.

God? God doesn't really exist - at least, not the God that man created and worships - thus there's no point to make on that end.

It's a one-sided relationship. A marriage of convenience, so to speak.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
God: I love you.

Man: You do not exist.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Man: I know everything. I want everything. I’ll use whatever I “know” and whoever I can in order to give me what I want. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just take it. I’m too smart to make the same mistake twice and if you think differently, you’re wrong. If you point it out to me, I’ll deny it. After that, I’ll use everything I “know” to confuse the hell out of everyone to a point where you no longer know the difference. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself and I don't need a God.

God/Jesus: You silly fools! You thought you knew everything and when I left you to your own devices, you corrupted the world. So, I sent a flood to wipe you out and start over. When I saw you going down the wrong path again, I came to you in the flesh, died on the cross, came to life three days later to save you from yourselves, and you still denied me! What to do? What to do? Do I need to come down there and wipe you out again or leave you alone to blow up yourselves and the whole world with it? Will that open your eyes? I think not! You’re not as smart as you think you are!

edit on 23-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
What's man's point being made across to God? What's God's point being made across to man?

Anyone have any idea? Please share. Thank you.

We are being made across to God. We are currently under God. Across implies equality. God creates all things as equal by unity, but not necessarily by ability or thought. For God to create a perfect being, the artificial creation would be a copy of Him or something greater. These are not choices.

Humans have made artificial creations. To create something identical to a human is possible. We do it each day in reproduction. Creating a machine that is greater in ability, reasoning and power would be unwise. God would be wise to make a creation with just enough gifts to find its way up on its own, eventually realizing the greatest lesson of all--love. Love fulfills God's law and makes what is created one with God in unity and thus equal, but not the same. A degree on the measuring line of infinity can never rise to the height of an ever-expanding infinity.

The Bible states why we were made. We are made from God's good pleasure. He creates for the same reason we do. It is a delight to create something from nothing that previously did not exist. Infinity expands or it would not be infinity.

edit on 23-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Man: I know everything. I want everything. I’ll use whatever I “know” and whoever I can in order to give me what I want. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just take it. I’m too smart to make the same mistake twice and if you think differently, you’re wrong. If you point it out to me, I’ll deny it. After that, I’ll use everything I “know” to confuse the hell out of everyone to a point where you no longer know the difference.

God/Jesus: You silly fools! You thought you knew everything and when I left you to your own devices, you corrupted the world. So, I sent a flood to wipe you out and start over. When I saw you going down the wrong path again, I came to you in the flesh, died on the cross, came to life three days later to save you from yourselves, and you still denied me! What to do? What to do? Do I need to come down there and wipe you out again or leave you alone to blow up yourselves and the whole world with it? Will that open your eyes? I think not! You’re not as smart as you think you are!

I first thought this direction as well. Then I realized that our current day was written into the word from the beginning of Genesis. I had an epiphany last night about this and was then able to tie it all together. From this epiphany last night, I will be rereading the entire first five books of the Bible this week. The plan that you are misinterpreting was the plan to begin with. We can easily apply human reasoning to judge this without knowing the excluded middles that are missing in our insight.

For instance, if you had an argument with a train engineer about the fact that the train whistle changes pitch as the train passes, which one of you would be correct? The train engineer cannot hear the whistle change, but you hear it since you are at a different frame of reference. The excluded middle is the Doppler effect, rendering both perspectives correct.

We simply need to expand our awareness to see that possibility may not fit our current state of awareness.

Consider this: Epiphany

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You are correct. I agree with your "original" points. I just couldn't help myself from looking at it from a modern standpoint. This is the way God knew it would be.

I found your epiphany last night and gave you a star. Looking forward to reading what other insights you gain from reading the first five chapters again!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You are correct. I agree with your "original" points. I just couldn't help myself from looking at it from a modern standpoint. This is the way God knew it would be.

I found your epiphany last night and gave you a star. Looking forward to reading what other insights you gain from reading the first five chapters again!

Just in time for a holiday break too. It's amazing that we miss so much when our frame of reference is locked by our pride of theology. It seems that the Bible is an onion. It needs to be peeled back to see the core of what is going on. Thank you for the reply. Have a great holiday!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
my opinion

God: I love you so much, but im going to test how much you love me with the gift of life and see if you deserve eternal life with me since you lived a life on earth that worshiped and praised me through the righteous actions and thoughts you have committed. you are my son/daughter, and i am your Father. Just like a parent would, I am going to guide you to better riches in heaven; it's your decision for you to listen to me or not. BUT, i am all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful; i know the infinite number of possibilities that will occur in a second, and i know which one you will take before you take it, because i know you better than you know yourself. Just like a good Father would forgive you, you have to earnestly seek forgiveness for your sins. i will be with you every single step that you take... but will you realize that? will you thank me for the good and bad blessings? will you let your light shine? will you love others like i love you?

Humans: well, speak for yourself... what would you do? what have humans done for the past thousands of years?

i honestly don't know what the mind of our Father is...im just explaining my relationship with Him... He loves us perfectly and all of us reciprocate not with the same passion... but we have the mind of Christ... instead of asking what would you do, i think the better question to ask yourself is: What would Jesus do?
edit on 23-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
what god are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Man: I am separate from everything else.

God: We are One.

new topics

top topics

join