It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Brinicle' Ice Finger of Death Filmed in Antarctic.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I saw this on BBC's 'Frozen Planet', last night. Amazing, thanks for sharing with the ATS community.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
God that was amazing, I did not know whether to cry for the little urchins and starfish or to applaud nature and its amazing ability to cleanse the ocean floor in ways we can only observe in awe.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I had opened a thread today about this vid without knowing that you had already a thread on it.

Star & Flag from me for sure as this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

Our little planet never ceases to amaze me. Filled with treasures, mysteries and beauty...right in our own backyard.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
nature never fails to amaze me. just when you think you've seen it all something like this comes along.

apologies if this has been mentioned, but did anyone see in the next episode (i think) the two guys that went into the 'ice caves' and it showed the ice formations that looked like different leaves\plants... truely wonderful & amazing

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

S&F for the thread!

I've lived and worked around the sea my entire life. As a longshoreman, I loaded cargo ships for a living and part of the process included ship stability calculations that take into consideration, the current sea water salinity levels. We understood the difference salinity makes when it comes to ship stability and the fact that traveling from salt to fresh water will cause the vessel to sit a little lower in the water due to the lower water density. Depending on how heavily the ship is loaded, this can cause the ship to become unstable but I've never even heard of anything like this before, much less actually see it occur. What a strange phenomena indeed.

Great find, thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join