It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Brinicle' Ice Finger of Death Filmed in Antarctic.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashwhy
bbc nature will use CGI .

www.youtube.com...[yvid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLr-_L5HuhU[/yvid ]

www.youtube.com...

but this was real the op is on about.
edit on (23/11/11) by ashwhy because: (no reason given)

Those clips are from a show called first life in which david attenborough looks at the origins of life.. The 15 minute clip is talking about and showing fossils of extinct creatures.. There was a couple of seconds of cgi but which is obviously to show them in motion. It is clear to anyone watching it is not real..

Your other clip shows how cells first formed together.. There is no other way of visually showing that to people without running some sort of simulation..

This was a different kind of show. It was more of an educational program rather than your general nature documentary..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So does everyone here detest the MSM or like the MSM?

This is a production of an arm of the MSM.

Then some say how much they enjoy the especially hypnotic pull of the nature shows if they are voiced by a certain guy, like it's not a problem for which most of us are so quick to judge others who fall for the pull of such same forces.

The same wizard-like power that offers this is the same one so many claim to be contributing to the distorted views people have now. But, here people are.

Same is true for those documentaries or series of channels in the US, like Ancient Aliens.

"TV is bad, bad, bad!" ...changes to "Ooooo TV" ...when it's something you watch?

Don't think it works that way...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
So does everyone here detest the MSM or like the MSM?

This is a production of an arm of the MSM.

Then some say how much they enjoy the especially hypnotic pull of the nature shows if they are voiced by a certain guy, like it's not a problem for which most of us are so quick to judge others who fall for the pull of such same forces.

The same wizard-like power that offers this is the same one so many claim to be contributing to the distorted views people have now. But, here people are.

Same is true for those documentaries or series of channels in the US, like Ancient Aliens.

"TV is bad, bad, bad!" ...changes to "Ooooo TV" ...when it's something you watch?

Don't think it works that way...

So people who generally do not like the MSM should dislike every program or tv presenter in the world?

Nothing is absolute and there's nothing hypocritical in people disliking the MSM but enjoying token shows or presenters.You do not have to like or detest the MSM to enjoy a tv show or even a clip from a tv show. YOu sound like an extremist
edit on 23-11-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Excellent. Another capture of the unseen world brought to us by people who don't mind packing tons of equipment to the most inaccessible places on earth and freezing their dingy off in order to bring us a few moments of never before seen wonder. Gives us a whole new meaning to stalagmite and stalactite. Especially love that sound like someone squeezing a balloon... rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiipppppppp.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That is the most beautiful (well close enough) thing I have seen for awhile.

Reminds me of the clip of freezing water instantly

edit on 23-11-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I always loved this guys' show. Star and Flag big dog.

..second line, maaann...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

They make the bulk of their money from their other programming. Put on any goggles that help you see whatever parts of a whole if it makes you feel better. "I'll just ignore the bulk of what they do while I'm watching this."

If they can get you to like one of their segments, you'd be a hypocrite to cry for their downfall. Corrupted and a hypocrite is what people become when they compromise their view in exchange for a goodie from the evil machine. They got you. Like politicians taking money after they get into office.

It's like a fast food joint that sells trash devoid of nutrition, but if there's at least one thing that someone likes from there, that person can't reject the place and what it stands for because they're eating there sometimes.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

They make the bulk of their money from their other programming. Put on any goggles that help you see whatever parts of a whole if it makes you feel better. "I'll just ignore the bulk of what they do while I'm watching this."

If they can get you to like one of their segments, you'd be a hypocrite to cry for their downfall. Corrupted and a hypocrite is what people become when they compromise their view in exchange for a goodie from the evil machine. They got you. Like politicians taking money after they get into office.

It's like a fast food joint that sells trash devoid of nutrition, but if there's at least one thing that someone likes from there, that person can't reject the place and what it stands for because they're eating there sometimes.

If a number of customers went to a fast food joint and only ordered the healthy option on a menu, then sooner or later that fast food joint would evolve into a health food eatery.

Also I don't recall anyone crying for the downfall of the MSM. There's a difference between wanting something to change and wanting something to end. Your argument holds no weight because it's built on presuppositions about peoples views on the MSM.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Why is it so hard just to enjoy something?

Yes, MSM can be used as a manipulative tool.
Yes, MSM can be biased.

But sometimes it is just a medium to entertain....and we all need a little light relief and wonderment every now and then in this otherwise awful and miserable world.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The BBC get their money from the UK citizens. We pay an annual fee for their services. They also get money from the government. This series, although created by the BBC production team, is not the same as the MSM. Sir David Attenbourgh is a fantastic presenter. He deals with facts, his shows are unique and he has been at the fore-front of wildlife filming for the past half century.

This individual was knighted because of his contributions to science. Don't put everything in the same basket. I am "hypnotised" by the sheer brilliance of his camera crews ability to catch teh world in a view that is "real". I am not hypnotised by any lies...there is a difference

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
We got a another thread on this too. See here

This is my post from the other thread. Nothing unusual IMO.

Ok so let me get this straight. The sea surface is freezing quickly. The water freezes and produces much saltier water (brine). Of course the brine freezes at a lower temperature that the regular water around it and it is denser to so it starts to sink. As it sinks the lower salt content water will freeze because it's temperature is lowered by the colder brine. This continues until the brine is warmed up by absorbing the heat of the surrounding water or by absorbing the heat of the sea floor. Oh it could stop by the sheer depth also. The greater the pressure of the water the colder the fluid can be without turning to solid. I know this first hand. I have been to the north pole and have personnally recorded seawater temperatures there. It can get much colder than the ice in our drinks.

So my point...It's cold on the surface. That's what starts the whole process. They are in Anarticia. There is nothing wrong here. It is actually a beautiful process. We should be worried if it didn't happen. The only reason we are talking about it is the fact that we haven't seen it happen often and it is really a cool time lapse footage. And we haven't seen it because......it's in Anarticia. I'm sure there are still some more cool stuff to discover all over the place.

Thanks OP for bring this natural occurance up. I really enjoyed watching it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Incredible! Something new that I was not aware of.

Thanks for posting OP, I would have missed it otherwise.

Bravo!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

www.youtube.com...

Those clips are from a show called first life in which david attenborough looks at the origins of life.. The 15 minute clip is talking about and showing fossils of extinct creatures.. There was a couple of seconds of cgi but which is obviously to show them in motion. It is clear to anyone watching it is not real..

Your other clip shows how cells first formed together.. There is no other way of visually showing that to people without running some sort of simulation..

This was a different kind of show. It was more of an educational program rather than your general nature documentary..

you said before this post that CGI in one of his shows is highly unlikely,dont get pissed I proved you wrong.
My point is the BBC nature dept will use it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

www.youtube.com...

you said before this post that CGI in one of his shows is highly unlikely,dont get pissed I proved you wrong.
My point is the BBC nature dept will use it.

You misunderstood what he said. He said the BBC would not use CGI as a means of deception.

When the BBC nature documentaries use CGI you know they're using CGI. They don't try to pawn it off as the real thing.

All you proved is that you aren't very good with language.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

are we realy doing this?

he said

a BBC doc with david attenborough... although anything is possible, i think it would be highly unlikely..

i didnt agree ok.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
wow cool and interesting thanks for shareing something so awesome
S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The time lapse pictures are great, the thing that is confusing people is the sound which is real time and added later for drama.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
when this finger moves to the ground, is it fast motion, time laps or something ? if you look closely, it really looks artificial to me. i would like it to be real, i am fascinated, but it kind of shakes horizontal a tiny bit, like in animations.
Its real... no questions about it

The wonders of nature.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is from the TV Docu series Frozen planet

And guys if you haven't see the 3 part programme its a must see, absolutely amazing

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm sure its been put up on Youtube by now also, go watch it you wont be disapointed

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you like this, you need to watch blue plant, amazing as well.

This series is so perfect, it always gets me to see life so much clearer and in HD it is stunning

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join