It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'95% Sure Yeti Exists' Evidence Find Was a Hoax, Claims Scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I could not find a topic about this, but I thought it was important enough for everyone to see since it is still being talked about.

Yeti Evidence Falls Flat: Scientist Says Local Officials Staged Siberian Snowman Hunt For Publicity

A lot of you were already skeptical about this, one of the scientists who was invited to the Yeti hunt is really convinced that it was all staged.

On twisted tree branches:

"Since nobody has demonstrated to me any corroborating evidence, like footprints in direct association or hair intertwined in any of these [tree] structures, I'm much more inclined to think the majority of them are just natural occurrences," he said.

On the footprints and cave:

Another piece to this problematic scenario was that as soon as Meldrum suggested he couldn't place any credibility in just one footprint, suddenly another one was found -- another right footprint. When he looked a little further, he found a third print, "but it was also a right and I said it would be nice to find a left one, and I said facetiously, 'Is the Yeti playing hopscotch here?'" (See Meldrum inside the cave in the video at the top of this story.)

"But my point was simply that if this was a spontaneous line of tracks, we'd expect to see both rights and lefts," he said. "And why is it that the tracks are only leading out and none are leading in? "If an animal is occupying this cave, it's not going to sleep on this cold, wet ground. It's going to have some kind of a bed or a nest of sorts. And just as if on cue, I'd barely got the words out when one of the [officials] raised his torch beam and there, under a little alcove on the side, was this neat little fern bed or mattress or nest."

On the future of Yeti:

Despite his skepticism of what happened in Siberia, Meldrum nonetheless believes there's been enough real and anecdotal evidence over many decades that suggests there might really be tall, hairy, unknown hominids in the Siberian region with similar characteristics to reported Bigfoot and Sasquatch sightings found elsewhere in the world.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
as nice as it would be for there to be a big foot (no matter what you name him skunk ape yeti abonib A heck terrible snow man .
We must be real here it takes a MINUM poplation of any animal to keep from going extinct .
today as of right now there are someware around 1000 cheeta left and so interbread they can no longer mate .
the cheeta will go extince soon .
so tell me how big foot can be with out thousands of them and if there were thousands (expecaly some near towns then finding one may be hard but thousands hiding well tahts another story

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Simple answer: extremely large, sparsely populated wilderness regions like they have here where I live. There are areas around here with forests and mountain ranges the size of many European countries, areas where nary a living human soul lives... Plenty of room for a sizable Sasquatch population to live in relative peace and breed. And believe me - they get spotted here on a regular basis too.

join