In search of a Sunken Island Near Cuba: Evidence for Existence of a Flooded Civilization

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This could be the real proof of Antlantis back 12,000 years ago.A powerful volcanic eruption sank an island between Yucatan and Cuba, where a "prehistoric" civilization bloomed prior to the Mayan Civilization.


TextThe collapse of that island happened by the eruption of a volcano. According to the scientist�s theory, 15,000 years ago the Yucatan peninsula and Cuba were united by a land bridge in the form of a mountain range. Paulina Zelitsky and her collaborators discovered that this same mountain range still exists now, but under the sea.



TextThese constructions seemed polished, formed by not by limestone as might be expected. The images showed, very great stones, aligned in symmetrical form, very well organized assembly, as if they were the result of city-planning and sitting on a volcanic crystal sediment, very fine, like sand.
link(s8int.com...

TextSomething Strange Paulina Zelitzky remembers now that at first we thought when seeing those images were that we had run into with something strange and highly unusual, but we did not know what it was.


The scientists saw, to a side of those constructions, something similar to streets, avenues, bays and structures similar to wharves of some port. They understood that the material of the constructions and the volcanic crystal of the floor could not be formed at this great depth (2,200 feet) under the sea but rather, on the surface, in contact with oxygen.


TextCataclysm I at heart see a great similarity between our findings under the sea and the structure and characteristics of some monuments of the archaeological zone of Dzibichalt�n, asserted the scientist. Our geologist, doctor Manuel Iturralde, an internationally recognized authority in this field, suggested that the recently discovered structures could belong to an island located between Cuba and Yucatan, which was sunk 10,000 or 12,000 years because of a seismic cataclysm. An indication that this cataclysm did occur and collapsed the entire surface are the stones we extracted from the ocean which showed concentrations of fossilized animals, specifically of escaramujos, a crustacean that lives solely to two meters of depth. How do we explain its presence at 900 meters of depth?
link(s8int.com...

source(s8int.com...

Is this a sunken island, containing the remains of a prehistoric civilization?




posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So has anything happened since 2004 when that article was done? Anything at all besides photoshopped fantasy images?



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
So has anything happened since 2004 when that article was done? Anything at all besides photoshopped fantasy images?
This article is updated.



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, I live here and I'm very into underwater archaeology. I haven't heard anything about this stuff. I would have noticed that ancient rustbucket "ship" in Progreso and I've never seen it. I've done thousands of dives around here, never seen any underwater cities. This article is from SEVEN YEARS AGO. The article doesn't even show the alleged "pictures" that they are talking about. The underwater topography doesn't indicate in any way that there ever was a "land bridge" between here and Cuba.

I'd say this is comparable to a Sorcha Fail type story. As in, complete nonsense.



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos
 




I'd say this is comparable to a Sorcha Fail type story. As in, complete nonsense.



Readers will be aware of the discovery deep beneath the Yucatan Channel, off the coast of Guanahacabibes in western Cuba, of what is purportedly a lost city. Hi-tech sonar equipment aboard the 'Ulises', a vessel owned by Canadian firm Advanced Digital Communications (ADC), detected a several-kilometre square area of what appear to be roads, pyramids and other building structures at a depth of 2,200 feet. Yet it was not until July 2001 that Paulina Zelitsky, the Russian-born leader of the expedition, got a chance to view the site first-hand.

www.andrewcollins.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.morien-institute.org...

This is just a quickie search. I'm sure more can be found if you have any interest in anything other than your own opinion.



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Well, I live here and I'm very into underwater archaeology. I haven't heard anything about this stuff. I would have noticed that ancient rustbucket "ship" in Progreso and I've never seen it. I've done thousands of dives around here, never seen any underwater cities. This article is from SEVEN YEARS AGO. The article doesn't even show the alleged "pictures" that they are talking about. The underwater topography doesn't indicate in any way that there ever was a "land bridge" between here and Cuba.

I'd say this is comparable to a Sorcha Fail type story. As in, complete nonsense.


Old, unproven and in general not plausible




posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting article, diamond.


So what evidence is there that this was caused by a volcanic eruption?

I am more inclined to think it could have been caused by a cataclysmic movement of the Caribbean Plate. The oceanic fault boundary between the Caribbean Plate and North American Plate is normally characterized as a transform boundary- which would not normally be associated with subduction. But hey, wouldn't be the first time they got it wrong, and especially when it's under all that water, making study much more difficult for any number of reasons.

But if in fact it were a subduction zone, then it's possible that the North American Plate is being subducted (in other words, it is being overlapped) by the Caribbean Plate in that area of the boundary. If a catastrophic movement occurred there, it could have totally submerged this mountain range. I am going to do a bit more research on the nature, depth and character of deep quakes in that area, to see if this holds up as a possibility.
edit on Wed Nov 23rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)
edit on Wed Nov 23rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 
Thank you very much TrueAmerican here is some proof,

Greenstone is the most abundant of those volcanic rocks which are
intermediate in their composition between the Basalts and Trachytes.
The name has usually been extended to all granular mixtures, whether of
hornblende and felspar, or of augite and felspar. The term diorite has
been applied exclusively to compounds of hornblende and felspar. Ac-
cording to the analyses of Delesse and others, the chief cause of the green
color, in most greenstones, is not green hornblende nor augite, but a green
siliceous base, very variable and indefinite in its composition. The dark
color, however, of diorite is usually derived from disseminated plates of
hornblende.





posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


Thanks, but even if there is evidence of a volcanic eruption, you are going to have a hard time convincing me that it sunk an entire mountain range- especially to that depth! I am thinking serious catastrophic event. I was going to say the massive impact event at Chicxulub might have caused it, cause that is darn close, but the time periods don't line up.



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by CaptChaos
 




I'd say this is comparable to a Sorcha Fail type story. As in, complete nonsense.



Readers will be aware of the discovery deep beneath the Yucatan Channel, off the coast of Guanahacabibes in western Cuba, of what is purportedly a lost city. Hi-tech sonar equipment aboard the 'Ulises', a vessel owned by Canadian firm Advanced Digital Communications (ADC), detected a several-kilometre square area of what appear to be roads, pyramids and other building structures at a depth of 2,200 feet. Yet it was not until July 2001 that Paulina Zelitsky, the Russian-born leader of the expedition, got a chance to view the site first-hand.

www.andrewcollins.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.morien-institute.org...

This is just a quickie search. I'm sure more can be found if you have any interest in anything other than your own opinion.




Wow.
Those are three wingnut websites, all re quoting the same nonsense. My opinion, as captain of a dive boat who lives right on the Yucatan Channel, IS kind of worth a teeny bit. Possibly a teeny bit more than some tinfoil hat type websites, re quoting a seven year old story.

"The lack of sufficient, conclusive evidence and the lack of visibility at that great depth did not allow the scientists at that time to form a workable theory on the collapse of a city. "

Wow, that's some serious proof, there. Only eleven years ago, they think they sort of saw something. Since then nothing more has come of this.




I don’t want to appear to be a fortune teller said the investigator, but I believe there will prove to be sufficient scientific evidence to confirm our theory that there, near Cuba, is a sunken island, containing the remains of a prehistoric civilization?
Source: Merida:Electronic Edition of the Diary of Yucatan, October 9, 2004


Let's see, don't even need to take off my shoes to count this high, that was SEVEN YEARS AGO. And, once again, I live here, and I am a diver. I think I would have at least heard something about this. But of course, that's just my opinion.



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


I googled the sunken lsland and found this Source

Also you may find this comment made at the bottom of the page interesting. I know I will be reaching these words: “Fire Crystal” or “Tsotha Stones”,



This civilisation structure sounds a lot like Lemuria, that sank long before Atlantis’ city of Poseidia, which sank at around 10,000 B.C. – I’m guessing that [Poseidia, the capital of Atlantis] was the site that Plato recorded, possibly from alleged books and paperwork in the Library of Alexandria which had texts that dated, apparently, as far back as 10,300 B.C.

It’s believed by some that it was these ancient Lemurians that migrated to the American and Yucatan areas before Atlanteans refugeed there (and surrounding areas including Egypt, Spain, Portugal, and Mexico, etc) after they found out that Poseidia was about to be destroyed by a selfish bunch of asshole leaders who only cared for themselves, no thanks to their advanced source of power called the “Fire Crystal” or “Tsotha Stones”, which was an advanced form of electrical/generator technology that powered everything (Ray Brown discovered one of these in 1970).
And NO, Atlantis and Lemuria were not alien races who mingled our DNA with theirs – it’s impossible, the structure of an interplanetary race would barely be compatible with ours, especially considering the effect the vast differences in environment would have on the structure of creatres and peoples from other plantes.
The Atlanteans were an advanced human race who destroyed themselves because of selfish reasons, and, over a period of 12,000 years, undertooktook an evolutionary degeneration process where their only present memory of Atlantis is a race or group of powerful and advanced peoples who witnessed great floods and utter cataclysms. Many ancient gods are believed to be based on Atlantean induviduals, for their knowledge even exceeded ours by thousands of years, and to a primitive or semi-primitive race, they would be quite extraordinary.

You can get a book called “Edgar Cayce on Atlantis” if you want more info on THAT thesis. It’s a very convincing theory that gives more answers than questions on it’s existence and it’s affect on us.




I used the search feature here at ATS and found this thread very interesting in regards to Sunken Islands & Edgar Casey.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-11-2011 by relocator because: added link to another thread



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos
 


edit on 11/23/2011 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Not worth it.



posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


interesting, just marking so i can read later



posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator
 
Very interesting article and inspiring,thank you for that!



posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I googled the sunken lsland and found this Source

Also you may find this comment made at the bottom of the page interesting. I know I will be reaching these words: “Fire Crystal” or “Tsotha Stones”,



This civilisation structure sounds a lot like Lemuria, that sank long before Atlantis’ city of Poseidia, which sank at around 10,000 B.C. – I’m guessing that [Poseidia, the capital of Atlantis] was the site that Plato recorded, possibly from alleged books and paperwork in the Library of Alexandria which had texts that dated, apparently, as far back as 10,300 B.C.



Problem with your source.

Plato was LONG dead before the Library of Alexandria was even concieved of, much less built or stocked with texts.

You should maybe not use such stupid sources, if you care to be serious at all.

Harte

edit on 11/24/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


interesting, just marking so i can read later
I will upgrade the article later!



posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Has this been already been discarded as having any relevance to the possible ? The lines it portraits suggest imo design rather than natural formations .





posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110
 
I am analyzing this material right now that you just posted, hard to say very much to analyze!



posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by watchdog8110
 
I am analyzing this material right now that you just posted, hard to say very much to analyze!



Dr Sarah Parcak could do her magic with the satellite IR of the area , like she did in Egypt .



posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte
 


Excuse me I would like to point out that I stated the quote was a "Comment" made at the bottom of the page. The source was an Article by DBKP.

The comment made statements like I'm guessing or aledged. I found the comment interesting and you have every right not too. Cheers!
edit on 2-12-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-12-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join