It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booster Gold is the next DC hero going to TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hollywood Reporter

The CW left a void on my Friday evenings by not giving me a replacement for Smallville, but now Syfy has ordered a pilot based on "Booster Gold", a time traveler from the future who shows up in modern day DC universe using his futuristic technology to try and find fame as a superhero.

DC Wiki - Booster Gold

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Might be good! I liked the episode of smallville with booster gold, the whole "from the future pretending to be a super hero" thing has some potential for some good story lines...

Look forward to the pilot.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm a marvel guy for the most part, but have seen Booster Gold on Batman: The brave and the bold.
I have to say just from that, wow, this could be awesome. He's a totally self absorbed dbag whose "heroics" are all just dumb luck. I'll be tuning in. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

good find....

following your link

The story will center on Booster Gold, a washed-up athlete from the future who travels back to the present in hopes of becoming the greatest super hero of all time. Instead of chasing criminals, however, his main priority is chasing fame and money. But Booster Gold discovers that being a hero takes more than just a megawatt smile, and that the future doesn’t happen without first protecting the present.

and while the next link is there I have a slight problem int that boosters present doing not being on the wikia for dc

JLI-... wikia dc

last I read booster is the leader of the UN JLI team... (batman joined)

the united nations wanted a controllable leader

edit******

Booster Gold wiki

Relaunch

At the Canadian Fan Expo 2011 during the Friday Flashpoint panel, it was revealed that Booster would be a Canadian character on the JLI team for the relaunch of the DCnU.[45] How this change in his origin from being born in Gotham City to now being born in Canada will affect things remains to be seen.

In Justice League International #1 of 2011 it is clear that the new Booster Gold has returned to his original glory seeking personality, commercially marketing his image. He does, however, take his leadership role seriously. In addition, Justice League: Generation Lost and the previous JLI series appear to have never happened. Booster is chosen by the U.N. to lead the JLI, selected for his PR sense, as well as appearing to be easily controllable.

The growth of booster gold if handled properly is true gold in that a football player caught cheating escapes to the past

steals weapons and brings Skeets with him

Skeets wikia dc

A former BX9 security robot at the Space Museum, Skeets came from the 25th Century with Booster Gold with news headlines for the next 50 years. Booster used this knowledge to become wealthy and to stop disasters before they happened.

good find any clue as to the star...
edit on 23-11-2011 by ripcontrol because: found reference

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Smallvill season 10- wiki

213 18 "Booster" Tom Welling Geoff Johns April 22, 2011 (2011-04-22) 3X6017 2.35[28]
While Lois helps Clark to develop a mild mannered persona, superhero Booster Gold shows up from the future to try and take the spotlight from the Blur. Clark confronts Booster and informs him that a true hero is not made by the suit they wear, but by who they are inside. A young teen, Jaime Reyes, comes in contact with alien technology that encases him in a weaponized robotic suit, thus becoming Blue Beetle. Unable to control the suit, Jaime begins destroying property and injuring people. Inspired, Booster recounts Clark's words to Jaime and helps him gain control over the suit. Afterward, Clark convinces Booster to mentor Jaime.

this episode????

looked funny

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I like marvel a little better as well but booster gold is a pretty good character if and when he is written properly

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
How much leg room could this possibly have? As a character within the comic universe he's only ever really be a side prop. They day they do a 'Gotham' TV series, I'll be one happy nerd.

top topics

join