It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians Are Becoming Unstoppable (Warning: Graphic Pictures)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

They are brave indeed, thanks for bringing this to light.

I hope change can truly happen for their benefit.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The irony is, I am reading the tweets from Tahrir, while I am following the discussion here.
Gigi Ibrahim just tweeted a few minutes ago:

The motorcycles amazing going in and out of the battle zone on Mohamed Mahmoud carrying away injured & suffocated protesters

That's our decadence and luxury here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Originally posted by TheAlmo
reply to post by citizen6511

It's true that Americans paid for those tear gas shells. Check out this picture of a shell used by the Egyptian police made in USA:

Americans unknowingly pay money that contributes in the oppression and destruction of other nations. How sad.

What? American's paid for the gas shells? It says MADE IN THE USA.

Not MADE IN THE USA AND PAID FOR BY THE USA.

In case you're too slow to realize it, the Egyptian Military is the one who "payed" for it.

(Reuters) - The United States has given Egypt an average of $2 billion annually since 1979, much of it military aid, according to the Congressional Research Service. The combined total makes Egypt the second largest recipient of U.S. aid after Israel.

2011-1979=32x$2billion=$64 billion "much of it in military aid"

it either came from the taxpayers of the USA, or was borrowed in their name.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"Yes, for the first time, the rulers of Egypt are finally feared by the people"

Did you mean it the other way around? Im not trying to be rude, just trying to help. Good thread. I usually dont read threads on politics or other countries revolutions and such but I enjoyed and read the whole thing. God bless every one of them. To know innocent people are diing and still continue the good fight, well that shows what a person ,or people, is/are made of. I can only hope that doesnt happen here in the us. Im sure protests will continue but hopefully they stay relatively peaceful... If not then the corrupt are going to meet the soldier in me, as well as every other american that believes in freedom and pulling this country out of the hole wallstreet and single brain cell politicians put us in. -" Life is about striving for perfection with the wisdom of knowing it does not exist and the determination to go for it anyway"-

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Yeah.. when something splashes in your face.. rules might change when something knocks you silly and you are seeing stars with your brain swelling. We just don't know enough about the situation.
I am leaning towards legit though.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Check this out:

LINK

This guy is American and being in Tahrir square filled him up with spirit he actually isn't afraid of death anymore. That's why I started this thread. I want people everywhere to FEEL the battlefield like this guy did. Check his tweets:

reports of tear gas being fired from AUC campus on Tahrir, university officials have started investigating

i think i am missing part of my ear, should i cut the rest off and pull a #vangogh ?

earlier tonight rubber bullets a charge and then a retreat, my knee and elbow are #ed up #toolegit seeing all of this #tahrir

i am a world citizen. can i renounce my us citizenship on twitter? haha

i think i have been everywhere in downtown cairo as of last night. #probablynotdoe

saw them hanging from the bridge, and you realize death is the only thing thats immortal

i never wanted to come here if i didnt know it was going to be ok

honestly, hopefully i die here

i just dont want to feel anymore

maybe a trip to tahrir today... never seen a police van burning

6 hours at tahrir, enough tear gas for tonight

yes live bullets we have the shells, i was here!! aljazeera.com/news/middlee... via @ajenglish

we were throwing rocks and one guy accidentally threw his phone =(

its only scary cuz i feel so reckless

now class? ugh. my arm is sore and my eyes still burn a little

back to tahrir tonight, as police set fires to everything, no doubt they will blame it on protesters

His twitter account is not available anymore!
edit on 23-11-2011 by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I have alot of sympathy for the Egyptian people whom have 'taken action' initially against all the odds to create their own democracey , which those '''still in power''' are reluctant to give up.....

I genuinely think that nobody really knows what to do or how to move forward there and i fear that the Muslim brotherhood will eventually turn Egypt into a Muslim state, albiet a muslim 'lite' state........

In doing this the balance of powers and strategies in the middle east will change and will become a threat / risk to the pretty little western world most of us enjoy without realising its fragility....

One other observation is that the Egyptian Flag reminds me of the German flag in the 30's and 40's when a comedic moustache took power and gave rise to a kind of Nationalism we do not want to see again...... I hope history doesn't kind of repeat itself once again......

In the 1950's when Nasser nationalised the Suez Canal, Britain was already calling him the next Hitler and claiming if he isn't swiftly punished and even removed from power he would be the head of the 3rd World War. It didn't turn out as such when people realised how poor and un-organized the Egyptian economy is. It is comparing apples and oranges. The similarities between the flags is a mere coincidence, many cultures worship or use the eagle in symbols.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hi,
Long time reader, but first time poster, I would like to thanks the OP for his article.
Here in France, there's a complete silence about it, and I wanted to know what is exactly happening there. I have my answer, and I hope I will have the same courage when the time will come.
Thanks, S&F

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

It is clearly stage blood or paint.

If your only experience is through Hollywood sfx of course it will look normal. No offense intended, a very small percentage of people ever have to deal with serious trauma as depicted in the photo (yes, I acknowledge that scalp wounds bleed allot but it does not look like that.)

Compare....

with...

and...

See the differences?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It could be that his one picture is of a protester that wanted to protest the brutal police response by using red paint on his forehead. True.
It could be someone else's blood too - smeared as a sign of protest against brutality.

I think we should let this one picture peacefully go and concentrate upon the millions protesting that want a regime change in Egypt.
Or do you picture analysts think the whole revolution is faked? That there are no people protesting on el Tahrir? Come on. True, TV can fake pictures or rename them - I remember the Bosnian war, when the shot of a lone crying woman in front of her ruined house was shown as a Bosnian in one commentary, then as a Serb by the Yugoslav media.

It would take hundreds of thousands of actors and actresses and tons of fake blood to fake this whole thing though... And an insane mind to contemplate the very possibility.

My next point: do any of you seriously think that the Muslim Brotherhood will be able to control these young protesters? Do they look like they submit to an type of peaceful mind control right now?
edit on 11/23/2011 by Kokatsi because: grammar

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yes. I really don't understand the point about the images. That's honestly insulting to the hundreds of people who died or got injured in this revolution and who I and probably the OP saw some of them die in front of us.

And to all who fear that the Muslim Brotherhood may rule. I personally don't want them to rule, I'm a liberal myself and there is actually a big number of liberals in Egypt. And seculars. And a big number of people with no specific political preference but who also don't want religious rule. There are also 8 million Christians in Egypt. That said, I don't know if they will or not, it's a possibility, if that's what the majority of people want (after all that's democracy, right?). But what I want to say is, there's absolutely no way that, if they rule, they could get away with actually controlling and oppressing the people like those we are protesting against did and still do, I can assure you that won't happen. They'd have to change themselves and be very careful not to trample anyone's rights or freedoms. The majority of these youth are quite educated and intelligent and they won't let their brothers' blood go in vain. That's one thing that makes me rest assured that whatever happens, I'm sure no-one will regret starting the revolution in the first place.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Arsenalwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

Then the reporter said that people are being sniped by hidden anonymous snipers in Tahrir square; three dead and counting.
--
The police changed the substance they're using in their tear gas, and used a 500 times more toxic component that does much more than tears
--
It also killed many people, many of them children.
Isn't this the part where the Western World declares these crimes against humanity and we move in to help overthrow the Government? Oh my bad, in this case we have chosen to help their Government and provide their police force with more weaponry.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Msn video Of Egypt situation

sorry if this has been posted as I just now saw this video and found this thread.

Nothing short of amazing! This is real power of the people! This is as real as you can get. And I did read the post above with the guys twitter posts.... incredible!

This is a quick post, off to more research!

ThatGuy45

edit: Sorry, I have a hard time with NBC video links. You may have to scroll down the side bar. The video im referencing is called "Demands to topple military grow stronger in Egypt"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In the video I like how the reporter is in front of a green scene. lmao!

But the thing that really got me is the Egyptian military actually stepped in the help calm tension between the people and the police! To me that really says something!

I love Egypt and this is true humanity making a stand! Rock on!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why cant people think... fight back the best tool against riot police is a flamethrower. We need to take the power back. Is that what is going to happen once they bring out the big guns you give up.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this. I'm a part time paramedic, and work around injury. These pics are not real. The blood is not real. It would seem that they Photoshoped in some EXTRA blood to make it look like the injury were more extensive. Please review my prior posts...
edit on 23-11-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

Here is the video:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

Thank you!! Ill accept the Noob flag, but seriously thank you!

And to Propulsion - I thought the blood looked a little odd, but I'm no medical expert by any means so I just went with it. But the something did strike me as off.

And if it is in fact entirely real, then please forgive me - the situation is very serious and I am not trying to down play it at all. You guys have my support!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Yes, I saw your posts reading through the thread and wanted to lend a little support.

I am not a medical professional but have worked in a career field known for an inherent high risk of injury for nearly 30 years. As a supervisor whose responsibilities included dealing with the initial on site accident response I have seen my share firsthand of recent trauma.

To be honest, I don't know how you guys (Paramedics etc.) can do it day in and day out. The first time I had to scrape what was left of somebodies child out from under some drunken jackasses' car I would be done. I wouldn't have the stomach to show up for work the next day or ever again for that matter.

You and those like yourself certainley have my respect and admiration.

Returning to the topic of the thread, I have no idea why some would choose to embellish current events in Egypt with fakery.

It cheapens the heroic actions of the multitude of souls who have made the ultimate sacrifice standing for what they believe in and is entirely unnecessarily as there are thousands of authentic photo's documenting recent atrocity to use in highlighting the point.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Friedrich Nietzsche summed it up pretty well with the master-slave morality. You can choose to be a slave; passive, timid, cynical, and kind or you can be a master; proud, strong, noble, courageous, and open-minded. The Egyptians have perhaps shaken the world without any of us feeling the rattling – for now.

You have proved that lying deep down inside the Egyptian people is the spirit of the men and women who can live in inhospitable climates, who can survive thousands of years of battles and still come out strong. This spirit of true masculinity, true heroism, will be reborn among the militarized people; those who look death in the eyes without blinking or looking away. When men reach this point the entire society can be turned on its head and those who are attempting to stand in their way shall be crushed mercilessly.

May Allah be on your side in this struggle.

Truly what you said has been happening all over the world and spreading out fast... I just hope when men really2x reach that point, they still have their hearts to those innocent people like kids.... and hopefully they don't crush people randomly like terrorist.... Because is not going to help they better know for sure their target inside out.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join