It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians Are Becoming Unstoppable (Warning: Graphic Pictures)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanceDH
I'm not trying to make fun of this topic, but reading though this I couldn't stop sthinking about the Borg from Start Trek.
I know it sounds rather silly, but with constanly addapting to what is thrown at them.. (get attacked -> create protective gear, gasses -> antidote, ..)

Resistance is futile, death is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Let us not infantalise these protestors, no doubt there is bravery involved, but I would not be surprised if many among their numbers were Islamists who wished to switch one form of oppression for another..........

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You speak the truth lonewolf.

Anger is at first a reaction of the human spirit when injustice of this magnitude is shown. TPTB know this well. They wish to push us to rebel to give BigGov the justification to declare matrial law and complete their agenda in the distruction of what is left of the American experiment.

We are certainly in for some trying times in America and we must come to rely on our faith in God rather than hope in man.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
LOL!

New World Order thought this whole Egyptian thing was over and done with.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's interesting that you say there were snipers on the rooftops, because Alex Jones had a guest a few days ago who was in Syria to find out what was really happening. He said by far most of the people there actually were in support of the government and there was only a small contingent of rebel forces. He said that the deaths in Syria were actually coming from snipers whose location couldn't be determined.

So to put two and two together, snipers are in place to stir up some trouble is what it looks like. For what purpose I don't know....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't understand why people throw canisters of tear gas shot at them, why don't they try and contain them?
edit on 23-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I don't understand why people throw canisters of tear gas shot at them, why don't they try and contain them?

How do you contain a tear gas canister? Throw it in a plastic bag? I am assuming the gas is under pressure which means anything you put it in would just inflate or leak out of cracks or tight spaces.Put it in a jar? Immerse it in a bucket? I dunno.

Throwing it back is probably the best thing on the spot you could do.
edit on 23-11-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by TheAlmo

Did you create the image? Tineye could not find it anywhere. Now I wonder if your embellishing the op??

I appreciate its removal from the op though, because the rise of the Egyptian people is important, but I don't think trying to add emotional responses from trickery is helping much.

edit on 23-11-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

There is much more where that came from. www.cluesforum.info....
You have to wonder what is really going on, and what is the motivation and source behind
all this photographic trickery!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
such HYPOCRITS.

if OWS became like this you people would be losing your MINDS. yet omg they're soooooo brave (which I agree)
but when americans become "brave". OMG they are HIPPIES, who need to bath. and get jobs.
just because we have a higher standard of living, doesn't mean we have to accept a corrupt system of government.

we are in pretty much the same state of affairs. it's actually physically sickening.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Well, I guess this post (the one I'm responding to) proves that one wouldn't actually know the real-deal if it was staring right at them.

Even though this is slightly off-topic, that doesn't give us much hope in ever discovering whether UFOs or other "conspiracies" are real, because most people can't even tell if they're looking at a genuine cut on someone's face.

By the way, that is not meant to be an insult...its a genuine observation of how hard it is to peg anything as reality anymore.

Nonetheless, to the OP, thanks for posting. Its cool to see the Egyptians rise up and be a "model" for tenacity and WILL.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Destiny777 because: To add

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
spartacus!
the people rice up against the slave masters.

reply to post by wonderboy2402

It uses a lot of heat to release the gas.
if you pick it up, you burn your hand.

in the pic, he is useing a bit of card to pic it up.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

So this is what fighting for your freedom looks like... Looks like one hell of a ride. I'm bound to get on it soon. Most of us will. Kudos to the OP and those fighting for their freedoms. As they say, "Living is great, but fear isn't my idea of living."

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
May God protect those who cannot protect themselves!

May God shine his Glory on Egypt. I love you all brothers and sisters! I pray only for your safety and freedom. I pray that your courage and strength find its way to my country...we are all brothers and sisters when we are free to feel...BRAVO! BRAVO!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
S&F my friends. I cannot imagine how terrifying it must be to face snipers while protesting.

Edit: Much love to you all, I keep watching videos and it's something else to see children and adults combined enduring the effects of tear gas just to further put the message of your rights out there.
edit on 23/11/11 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Americans unknowingly pay money that contributes in the oppression and destruction of other nations. How sad.

What? American's paid for the gas shells? It says MADE IN THE USA. Not MADE IN THE USA AND PAID FOR BY THE USA. In case you're too slow to realize it, the Egyptian Military is the one who "payed" for it.

What I -and I guess other people meant- is that this stuff is part of the annual 1.3 billion dollar US aid to military financing for Egypt, in which case, Americans paid for it, not the Egyptian Military.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Really inspiring, thumbs up for the Egyptian people, hope they will be victorious in their battle...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
its these freaking lizards running the world. the world needs to be freed so we can create our own reality brother and sisters!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 stranded dna
its these freaking lizards running the world. the world needs to be freed so we can create our own reality brother and sisters!

Lizard people? EXPLAIN PLEASE!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

Egyptians unlike Americans have a long history. People seem to forget what a young country we are. We do not have a "beast" with-in us any longer. 40% of Americans are on mood altering prescription drugs. 20% (or more) are on mood altering illegal drugs.

There's a lot of differences between Egyptians and Americans. But, the only thing that changes is just the way their government will try to control them, and therefore, the way people will have to respond to those trials, which is nothing that makes Americans less likely to achieve what they need.

Look, I wanna be practical here. At the very end, the most important similarity between Americans and Egyptians is that they are both human and they're both controlled by humans (I am assuming no alien control here, alien fans). So, at the end, revolution works the same way. Prolonged, persistent, unified, and mass numbered protests will do the trick whether it was in Egypt or anywhere else in the world. History shows that this thing is indeed effective.

I believe it will be much easier for Americans to free themselves from corrupt governments. Way, way easier than Egypt. I am sure America will never do what Mubarak did to Egyptians. There will be violence, yes, there will be blood, yes, and people WILL die. But, it will never be like Egypt.

My opinion is that what Americans need is this:

1- A Unified Demand

This one is the hardest, yet, it's the most effective. If all the millions in Tahrir square did not unify their demands, this revolution would have turned into a civil war. And those in power simply wouldn't know what the people want so they can actually do it. And you know what it also results in? Yep... the media saying that they don't know what those protesters want. So, it's not true that OWS have no demands. They have many demands that are not unified.

2- Coordination and Mass Numbers

As is the case with the unified demand, a single day, like Jan 25, must be called for and be prepared for, days if not months in advance. The OWS is scattered all over the calendar.

So, number 1 and 2 are basically focusing all your power in one spot and then shot in a single direction instead of having many powers shooting in many directions. The first is effective, much more effective.

3- Become Fearless

That one is also hard and for me I just can't do what those people in Tahrir do. However, as I said above, I don't think the US government will do what the Arab rules did. They will be cruel and yes people will die guys. But, just like the sniping incidents, if people died, you will have one of two '1-way roads': going back to your home or continuing. If you choose to continue and grow in numbers after people die, you will win.

4- Maintain Peace

The government will do everything they can to destroy stuff and say that the protesters did so they split the people into pro-revolution and anti-revolution. That being inevitable, you don't need to destroy more stuff do you?

After 30 years in Mubarak's regime, it only took Egyptians 18 days to complete their revolution. 18 days guys. This is nothing compared to 30 years of oppression. Those in power always seem stronger, much stronger than they actually are.
edit on 23-11-2011 by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

edit on 23-11-2011 by SkyMuerte because: I was not being nice to the lizard people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join