It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 11/22 Debate Highlights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Here are the highlights of the recent debate for those of you who missed it, or if you just want to hear his answers again. This was a national security debate, and that's one of his most attractive stances on issues that appeals to a huge chunk of people.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ron Paul just sliced through years worth of war propaganda like he was a hot knife cutting butter lol

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm loving this guy...i wonder if he fancies becoming PM of the UK too? If he gets elected, i may have to consider applying for immigration to the USA

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I love RP's body language when Santorum said we should profile Muslims!

And btw, have the Liberals jumped all over Santorum for those remarks?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yikes.

Im not a fan of Newt but he REALLY had Ron Paul when he said "Timothy McVeigh succeeded... That's the point".

I was like..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yeah but I think Ron Paul had a good answer to that. Something along the lines of "We don't need a camera in every single household monitoring every single person just so that we can prevent a crime", then he tied that into the Patriot Act.

It sickens me that every other candidate is pro-war and anti-Constitution.
edit on 23-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yea, I think RP set himself up for that one. Not one of his best moments.

Is it me or does RP always seem a bit nervous at these debates? He's quite the opposite when addressing people at rallies, town halls and even MSM interviews.

Maybe Dick Cheney is planting psionic mind flayers in the front row?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

I think he's nervous because he knows that the clock is ticking and he has to convince the American people that all of the other candidates are phonies. He's probably stressing about saying as much as he can in the window of time that's he's given. Have you ever been in a discussion about something you're really interested in, and you get a little jittery almost like adrenaline is about to kick in? He could just be in the zone like that...

Or maybe he's a little camera shy, but I doubt that. Maybe Rick Perry had a gun pointed at him behind his podium lol

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Probably right on the adrenaline running. It took me a long time before I could speak without fumbling at our company meetings. And he is speaking in front of America and trying hard, like you said, to fit it all in.
Heck, I still love him and still feel he did a great job last night. And as much as it pains me to say it, kudos to CNN for giving him the time he deserves!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah they did give him a good amount of time, but am I the only one who noticed the heavy bombardment of pro-establishment propaganda coming from the questions? Like the one along these lines:

"The Patriot Act is a very effective tool, why are you against terrorists being caught?"

Or maybe I'm just too critical of the media...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Or maybe I'm just too critical of the media...

No you're not. He's moving up in the polls and they've finally noticed his obvious growing popularity.
It's onto plan B for the MSM.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hello friends. First time posting, long time visitor.

My favorite moment of the debate last night was when Dr. Paul talked about our involvement with Israel. I've never in my life seen a politician bravely talk about our connections with Israel and Zionists like Paul did last night. The best part was delivery because he explains everything with a common sense approach that even somebody with no political background could easily understand.
This has become my favorite segment.

edit on 23-11-2011 by kingllama because: typo in last sentence.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

May I say, "welcome to the R3volution and congrats on your first post."
You'll fit right in these forums and looking forward to more contributions.
Star for u!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The post debate commentators always used to say after the debates that Mitt Romney hasn't been successfully upstaged so he remains the 'winner'.

But .........

Here’s what a few various pundits had to say about Ron Paul and Mitt Romney’s disagreement during last night’s debate concerning whether there are any actual “cuts” to military spending in the wake of the failure of the Deficit Supercommittee:

Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele: “Romney looked a little piqued at Ron Paul on the budget. I think Ron knows what he’s talking about.”

Red State’s Erick Erickson: “Ron Paul actually gets a great comeback at Mitt Romney and actually shows he knows more about the budget than Romney on this point. Wow.”

Talk radio host Neal Boortz: “Go get ‘em Ron Paul! They aren’t cutting anything out of anything. Base-line budgeting. So right.”

CNN’s Roland Martin: “Rep. Ron Paul just schooled Mitt Romney on what’s happening on Capitol Hill. Paul is there. Mitt isn’t. Who do you trust?”

Washington Examiner/American Spectator’s Philip Klein: “Ron Paul smart to turn military cuts question into general rant about how Congress never actually cuts spending.”

MSNBC’s Howard Fineman: “Ron Paul is dominating this debate! ‘They are not cutting anything out of anything.’ He’s right, of course.”

www.ronpaul2012.com...

So, was Paul's response to Mitt's military budget rant put him as the first person to successfully put Mitt in his place?
edit on 23-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

join