It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, Leash it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I thought I would present some short stories with images I made using my hands and brains... I'm sure it has a technical name, but meh!... ... ( The imaged stories, not my brains and hands... )

Seriously, these are part of a little something I'm about to submit, but decided it would be nice to have some feed back first. It was originally written in French, but I just translated those three stories so you know what is being said in the balloons...
I will keep a kind of continuity as some characters will be back in other strips.

The title is somewhat similar to the French one, in spirit. As you can see, it has a double meaning... But not Satanic like. Only... profanity like?... Errm...

In those stories, I aim to shoot at everything I can see that goes wrong in the world, on every levels, so that means everything and everyone will get shot. But not myself as I can not lower myself to shoot the messenger. ...

So in essence, those stories are "Oh, Leash it..." moments of life.

You can either fear or anticipate with excitation, but I will post a little more when I'm done translating a few others.
Like the pool guy one... Priceless! Already a classic! ( Well, for me, at least. I mean, I've had it in the face for the last couples of weeks now, so... its become kind of boring... )

Oh, Leash it... An alternate way to say shuddup, or else. In the sense it has another meaning...

DISCLAIMER: If stripping ( the action of reading a strip ) is bad for you, you shouldn't visually partake in any of the above expositions.

Thanks! In hope you have fun, because me, I'm anxious about the expectation to know if you had fun and would die of nervous faintness if you don't. The pressure is on me, you can relax.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Bon Mot! Bumpity.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

See people! I even have THE GUT to tell you its THAT GOOD!

Merci beaucoup, THE GUT!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello all, LOL.

Well, until I've translated the other strips, I made those two little pinups this morning...

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Those comics are actually hilarious. Excellent Humor, great talent

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Many many thanks!

I made many trials and errors before finding some sort of comfort zone as strips were new to me, in terms of doing comics. That is why I mixed realism and cartoon because I felt more relax doing some scenes in a way instead of another.

Ideas are now pouring in my head without much restrictions, aside from my inside censorship bureau...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Keep 'em coming brother, you have great talent.
They also translate well which to me is a sign of artistic cohesiveness.

I hope more ATS'ers find this and I hope you will share more.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well, just for you, here is the one about the pool guy...

It'll take a few hours more before I present other strips as I busted both my hard drive by inadvertently switching my splitter to access the disk on which I create my doodles, while the computer was on... ... As it is, I'm lucky to not have fried the drives!

But I still have to finish reinstalling everything on my first disk, and I still haven't touched the second one... Yikes!!!

It's OK though because I found out my drawing application had had a big update on it, so now I have the latest version.
( imagine a dancing icon here, please... )

So here we go with the pool...

Ey... Seeing ladies in bikini while there's snow outside is strange...

_____

About translations, I hope I will find a way to translate some of the strips as the joke told as it is couldn't work once translated... But maybe I should take the pfoblem from another angle and only change the drawings accompanying the text?... hm.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A tribute to my uncle who is currently sick, and not from a cirrhosis, despite years of efforts.

Now, picture the man above with an Abe Lincoln beard, and you truly can see my uncle.

Who once won a brand new car with that beard, because it was the most beautiful in the Province of Québec.

For some reason, he crashed with the car and barely escaped alive. That was more than 60 years ago.

The car was a Studebaker...
... What? My uncle made it; I can be sad for the car!...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This one has been prepared specially for the house! Enjoy, or not!
____

Please, delete, don't sue!!!

To be followed and concluded in the ending conclusion to follow.

EDIT: Just to say, I've no beef with Mr. Mask. He found his way in my strips probably due to a time-slipping chem-trail. We will have to wait and see...

edit on 2-12-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Meanwhile, here's the following conclusion...

Wow... I didn't expect that... Life's always full of surprises!...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
HaHa, Mr. Mask made your strip! He's a pretty cool guy so I think he would appreciate it too. Up to a point anyway. Be careful you don't go too far...jus kidding.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Enjoy the art work extremely. As for the Mr Mask one, I don't really get what it is trying to get across, but I look fricken sexy.

Good stuff!

MM

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

And here I thought your sexiness would be enough!!!

But... I'll break it down for you, because you are not suing me...

I tried to put everything conspiratorial in that strip, but you should notice we can hardly see the chemtrails, put between panel 3 and 4... But seriously, it just shows how complex conspiracies can be...

Or is it a silent tribute to you?...
( I heard Led Zeppelin did many tributes and became rich... One can only hope... ) ...

Finally, thanks for the nice words. One word followed another and so on, and it was nice to read!...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I really like your line work, and your compositional placement of things. Like in the pool scene? That entire panel is so well planned, placed, inked...looks right out of a Megaton Man comic. Very polished, very loose and smooth, but also punchy and stylized.

Its been some time since I've thrown my hand at doing hand drawn comics, and like you, I tend to enjoy going over the top with more cartoony forms and characters. I think that sort of comic art works best with delivering weird ideas and humor. IMHO.

In short, I really really like your style and salute you. Hope you keep pumping these out.

MM

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Well, thank you very much!
I'm glad you appreciate it!

Yeah, I do get weird ideas from time to time... And that form of comic is what is needed to express some of them.

I first met Megaton Man when he crossed over to image in the Dragon series. I liked him and his strange universe right away!

I'll probably put 2 new strips by the end of the day. One will need translation and the other one was thought last night...
So I need to go create it.

It's so cool to have God-like powers, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is the translated one...

Could life get any easier? Now they only need to invent bread without crust!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

top topics

join