It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no cows on Mars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

There are no cows on Mars.

A little known initiative done by NASA years ago actually put cows in orbit for large food producing animal research. The study was known as "The Herd Shot Around the World".

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No cows.
But continents overflows of moss and lichens.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

Once upon a time I got to playing with the atomic mass values from an old CRC handbook of chemistry and physics. I has in mind that the forced density was the key to fusion and the temperature was the signiture taken from the h-bomb tests that we do not conduct?
What I found was that under extreme pressure hydrogen will compress into deuterium, which requires 1/16 of the total energy of fusion. As soon as that happens the deuterium begins an entropic fusion slide ending with oxygen. In the process massive amounts of Hydogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, and Oxygen form in the surface of the Sun. Over a long time the solar wind will expel the material into space, or a nova will do it quickly and form planets in the process.
The relevancy of the forgoing to the methane on Mars is this. All celestial bodies including the Earth, Moon, and Mars, were originally mostly methane CH4, Ammonia NH3, and Water(H20). Where the equilibrium temperature of the Sun was above the critical temperature of those respective materials, those materials were compressed in the core of the body. with a density greater than any rock. Over time that material will outgas leaving pockets inside the body. In the case of the moon there is no more to outgas. This by the way connects by nature to the hollow worlds theory, but that is not the point here.
The point for this discussion which required this long preamble is that the methane ougassing on Mars is most likely from a deep fissure in the planet exposing the dense methane below the solid crust and mantle.

3cents

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 3cents

So in short, sublimation.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by subcsailor

Good luck getting someone to mars to test this stuff out. I want to meet the 230 pounds of hard iron BALLS that would launch themselves that deep into space only to land on a planet thats mere wind would tear you to pieces.

edit on 23-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

I would go in a heart beat... But I weigh in at 200 even.

Oh well, I still volunteer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join