It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: End Corporate Influence and income equality? Im not buying it...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

One example with the FHA approved house is that a house that has peeling paint will not qualify for an FHA loan, I mean the house can be fine otherswise but peeling paint will prevent a person from getting the house they can afford.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I, I, I, my, me, ME, MEEE!!! I got mine FU all! Y'know it's that mentally that got us into this tragic state of affairs in the first place, right? Karma is a bitch to those with no compassion or empathy to their fellow, less fortunate, beings. Wish you the best.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

As someone who is actively part of the Occupy movement, I would like to clear something up. We would like to see ALL money out of politics. Things like lobbyists only buy corruption and favors in washington, and they should all be banned. Another one of the points we are trying to make is that the Citizins United decision should be reversed. Corporations are not people.

I look at lobbying like this. An attorney is arguing his case in front of a jury. Instead of using facts as his argument, he is using $100 bills.

Anyhow, I would rather that only people (no corporations, no unions) could make any type of political contribution. at all, and this with a set limit of how much can be donated, and with some really strict rules on the transparency of who has donated what.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

And is that really my problem? I will judge here but most people on welfare are not getting a job, to get off of welfare. I am not that cold to consider that some people need help, however we are helping people well beyond of what they need help with. Lets take a single mom with 2 kids, give her food help, give her daycare help, hell even give her "home" help, all for it. This doesn't include cheap highspeed internet, cell phones, etc. They are not essential to raising children, she may want them, but why should they be free/cheap. Essentials like gas, electric, water are fine to help with but the other stuff Come on man!

wuforde.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

As someone who is actively part of the Occupy movement, I would like to clear something up. We would like to see ALL money out of politics. Things like lobbyists only buy corruption and favors in washington, and they should all be banned. Another one of the points we are trying to make is that the Citizins United decision should be reversed. Corporations are not people.

I look at lobbying like this. An attorney is arguing his case in front of a jury. Instead of using facts as his argument, he is using $100 bills.

Anyhow, I would rather that only people (no corporations, no unions) could make any type of political contribution. at all, and this with a set limit of how much can be donated, and with some really strict rules on the transparency of who has donated what.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

Wasn't Obama suppose to not use lobbyists? Wasn't there a 2 year wait to get close to the WH?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70

I hope OWS and the Unions stay united to shift the balance of power in this country from the owners to the people, and maybe together they can rescue the middle class before it becomes extinct.

Yeah the unions and the gov't have helped shipped jobs overseas. The middle class is a working class, when did that change? If people think they deserve more than what they are getting that is a problem. Typical union worker life is a break waiting for a pay check.. I think you should ask some people.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wuforde
Wasn't Obama suppose to not use lobbyists? Wasn't there a 2 year wait to get close to the WH?

Obama is just as guilty as the rest of the crooks in Washington. Solyndra, Siga Tech., Fast and Furious, hiring half of the "Goldman Sucks" on as staff after they received their bail outs. That man needs to go to jail.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

Yet i have not seen any OWS group talk about unions in anyway besides thanking them for their support.

Horrible analogy, it is more like 2 attourneys argue their case. One costs 500 dollars and the other costs 10,0000 dollars.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

It appears that MOST of the money is NOT coming from corporations and banks, so why does OWS not go on about how unions can buy their share of the government?

Too bad you didn't include all of the money that isn't included on legal lists of campaign contributions....

So don't put all the blame on price increases and how hard it is on JUST the corporations

You seem to be forgetting the Inflation (money devaluation) being caused by the Federal Reserve System.... and it's effects on "Prices"

Not to mention all of the Banksters and Wall Street Croneys..

To bash on JUST the corporations and ignoring the Unions and trade associations would be the same as protesting wells fargo then making a deposit.

Your analogy is stupid.

Your ignorance of the subject matter is complete.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Well said. Hiding behind partisanship and party idols is blatantly dishonest at this point. All of them, bush 1 & 2, clinton(s), obama, reagan, etc. All of them belong to the same corporatist party and are criminals. That divide and conquer strategy should not fly on ats, imo.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Yet i have not seen any OWS group talk about unions in anyway besides thanking them for their support.

You must not listen hard enough then. I was just talking about them. I even said they should not be allowed to spend their money on political campaigns, just like Corporations.

Horrible analogy, it is more like 2 attourneys argue their case. One costs 500 dollars and the other costs 10,0000 dollars.

That is a horrible analogy, as many times, only 1 side is arguing the case.

edit on 27-11-2011 by Vizzle because: fixed tags

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
reply to post by Vizzle

Well said. Hiding behind partisanship and party idols is blatantly dishonest at this point. All of them, bush 1 & 2, clinton(s), obama, reagan, etc. All of them belong to the same corporatist party and are criminals. That divide and conquer strategy should not fly on ats, imo.

I totally agree, and present you with this:

Goldman Sachs personnel in the Bush/Obama White House

edit on 27-11-2011 by Vizzle because: fixing dead link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join