It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: End Corporate Influence and income equality? Im not buying it...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nowadays,greed,"whats in it for me" attitude,"Get it before you lose it" attitude prevails.

I also have a problem with this statement. Isn't the reason you hate welfare because its giving your money to people that did not work for it?

This line of reasoning can only come from "What am i getting out of it?". Otherwise I cant see the problem that you would have with it.
edit on 23-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Union membership is declining that's how they're getting ripped off.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by sonnny1

Nowadays,greed,"whats in it for me" attitude,"Get it before you lose it" attitude prevails.

I also have a problem with this statement. Isn't the reason because its giving your money to people that did not work for it?

This line of reasoning can only come from "What am i getting out of it?". Otherwise I cant see the problem that you would have with it.

No.

I have no problem with "giving" my money,or even yours to someone that NEEDS it. Its the prevalent attitude that you need to keep getting the "needed" money,even though you dont need it,or could find other ways to get off of welfare. Short term has become Long term.

Its not a case by case system. Its a bloated numbers game,where so much money is being siphoned off,by the very Bureaucracy that was designed to help,and in turn the checks and balances are not being looked into.
edit on 23-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by jlv70

Who were those Unions backing as Presidential hopefuls,when NAFTA and CAFTA were being created,to further destabilize the very union workers,they were supposedly trying to protect ?

Where were the Unions when jobs were going overseas,in mass amounts,and WHY weren't they calling out the politicians they helped vote in?

How much Union member dues went to those who have corrupted this country?

Where was the Union version of OWS 10,20,30 years ago?

I agree with everything you said, another example of how unions are getting ripped off by giving politicians money, they think they're going to get something out of it, but they never do. I'm sure someone does, just not the average working guy.
That being said unions are still one of the best tools available for the little guy to leverage for better pay and benefits.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm buying it and heres why;
So if you go to your link opensecrets.org and go to the over all donors.
You'll find that PAC's and corporations gave more to the Republican party. 14 of the top 20 Donors gave more to the Republicans than the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I have no problem with "giving" my money,or even yours to someone that NEEDS it.

Again, a lot of people NEED that money. I am not sure why you are acting like they all do not. No, I do get why. Its because SOME abuse it. Fair enough. Lets apply this reasoning to other concepts.

Capitalism is abused by some, lets DeSTroY it.

The justice system is flawed, lets get rid of it.

My Cheerio's are not perfect circles, THROW THEM AWAY

If you only care about perfection, then you will be consistently dissapointed.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

So, Social Darwinism for you then? At least tell me what you think would fix it.

No again,please lets not get personal.

Just look to the past........

The parks and forests program, called the Civilian Conservation Corps, was the first so-called work relief program that provided federally funded jobs. Roosevelt later created a large-scale temporary jobs program during the winter of 1933–34. The Civil Works Administration employed more than four million men and women at jobs from building and repairing roads and bridges, parks, playgrounds and public buildings to creating art. Unemployment, however, persisted at high levels. That led the administration to create a permanent jobs program, the Works Progress Administration. The W.P.A. began in 1935 and would last until 1943, employing 8.5 million people and spending $11 billion as it transformed the national infrastructure, made clothing for the poor, and created landmark programs in art, music, theater and writing. To accommodate unions that were growing stronger at the time, the W.P.A. at first paid building trades workers “prevailing wages” but shortened their hours so as not to compete with private employers.

LINK

Even in the Great Depression,the Government put people to work,and just didnt give out money.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I have no problem with "giving" my money,or even yours to someone that NEEDS it.

Again, a lot of people NEED that money. I am not sure why you are acting like they all do not. No, I do get why. Its because SOME abuse it. Fair enough. Lets apply this reasoning to other concepts.

When did I say destroy Capitalism,or the Justice system??

Your Cheerios,your prerogative.......

I want reform,but even that is no small fix,or even a quick one.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No.

I have no problem with "giving" my money,or even yours to someone that NEEDS it. Its the prevalent attitude that you need to keep getting the "needed" money,even though you dont need it,or could find other ways to get off of welfare. Short term has become Long term.

Its not a case by case system. Its a bloated numbers game,where so much money is being siphoned off,by the very Bureaucracy that was designed to help,and in turn the checks and balances are not being looked into.

Since PrimalRed wont answer me, how is OWS not the solution?

If we successfully collapse the monetary system, the worthless federal reserve notes become valued as nothing, like they should be. Those who relied on hand-outs, both bankers and people on welfare, will now have to take responsibility for themselves. Rule of law will be maintained by martial law(anyone who does like that will die fighting it), we will be safe from foreign invasion as we will still have the best military. We will have to rely on our communities to make things work, all of our infrastructure will still be there. Our own oil will last us long enough until we develop alternative energy.

If we don't do that, the only way the military-industrial-complex can be maintained will be through a third world war. I like my option better. The unions that support OWS are fools.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Even in the Great Depression,the Government put people to work,and just didnt give out money.

First off, there is the question of what you want these likely untrained people to do. Do you want some random dude making the bridge you drive on?

Second, comparing now and the Great Depression is hardly a valid argument. Its obvious things are simply not the same as they were back then. And while I do think it may be a good idea to put some to work for the government, its impractical for a bunch of people to take government jobs despite being untrained.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Nice dodge there buddy. Phew, that was a close one.

Rather, why dont you address the point of that post you carelessly made fun of.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

If we don't do that, the only way the military-industrial-complex can be maintained will be through a third world war. I like my option better. The unions that support OWS are fools.

OWS has no clear message. If those who are protesting want some direction,they better find a message EVERYONE can support. Wouldn't it be nice to see 1 million protesters instead of 10k show up in NYC?
If you had that ,you wouldn't be asking me any questions,cause I would be too busy protesting down there.

You dont need to OCCUPY anything. The majority of great protests that occured in America,didn't include a sleeping bag as a prerequisite.

The OWS supporters that let Unions,or Union mantra in their protests are fools.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Second, comparing now and the Great Depression is hardly a valid argument. Its obvious things are simply not the same as they were back then. And while I do think it may be a good idea to put some to work for the government, its impractical for a bunch of people to take government jobs despite being untrained.

The Depression strengthened the federal presence in American life, producing such innovations as national old age pensions, unemployment compensation, aid to dependent children, public housing, federally subsidized school lunches, insured bank deposits, the minimum wage, and stock market regulation. It fundamentally altered labor relations, producing a revived labor movement and a national labor policy protective of collective bargaining. It transformed the farm economy by introducing federal price supports and rural electrification. Above all, the Great Depression produced a fundamental transformation in public attitudes.It led Americans to view the federal government as the ultimate protector of public well-being.

Sorry,but the argument that Government is needed at a federal level,happened during the Great Depression,and now is the normal thinking policy,we all abhor.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sorry,but the argument that Government is needed at a federal level,happened during the Great Depression,and now is the normal thinking policy,we all abhor.

I'm sorry, but what? The government is almost certainly needed at a federal level. Federal laws are there for a reason. Its not to just screw with you.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Nice dodge there buddy. Phew, that was a close one.

Rather, why dont you address the point of that post you carelessly made fun of.

ReRead your post,WHERE did you ask me a question,and WHERE did I dodge it?

You gave OTHER concepts,do you want me to answer them?

I didnt make fun of your post either.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I'm sorry, but what? The government is almost certainly needed at a federal level. Federal laws are there for a reason. Its not to just screw with you.

My point was we need smaller Government,not the big Bureaucracy of 16 trillion in Debt.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I did not ask you to address a a question. I asked you to address a point. That point was: Everything is not perfect, so get rid of everything. Following your logic on welfare this is the conclusion one would come to if a applied to other concepts.

I can google translate it into several languages. If you want.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I did not ask you to address a a question. I asked you to address a point. That point was: Everything is not perfect, so get rid of everything. Following your logic on welfare this is the conclusion one would come to if a applied to other concepts.

I can google translate it into several languages. If you want.

Well,you should of asked it outright.

BTW,You never ONCE asked me to address a point in question form,in the original post...I cant read minds.

Heck,adding Cheerios to the mix made me hungry.

Implying that I want to do away with welfare,is putting words in my mouth...

I never ONCE implied to get rid of the welfare system.

I answered the points long ago,some sort of reform.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

My point was we need smaller Government,not the big Bureaucracy of 16 trillion in Debt.

Let me show you how to address a point.

Maybe the government is too big, maybe its too small. But it IS there for a reason.

The more a population grows and develops, the more a government does the same. Think about it, government governs the people. People change. So logically government changes too.

Sidenote: I find it odd that you would say the government is too big immediately after saying it would be practical for the government to hire those on welfare. Odd...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I answered the points long ago,some sort of reform.

No, I asked you long ago what type of "reform" you are you talking about. "Do...uh... something" Is not a constructive or detailed answer an therefore makes your entire point kinda moot.

I will ask you again, what do we do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join