It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former US Senator-"We have lost respect" Tells how WW3 will start-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is a great article from a former US senator. He sounds like he knows exactly how it will go down. Seems very plausible to me. I havent watched the video yet but loved the first line of the article!!!! So sad, so true

Anyhow before you give any views on the subject PLEASE just read the article its pretty hard to disagree

rt.com...

From the article:The US is like a drunkard who charges to war with anyone who might pose a threat, ex-Senator and former US presidential candidate Mike Gravel says.
­“I like the US. But at the same time I think my country is an imperial country that is going downhill, and our leadership does not even acknowledge the problem,” confesses Gravel.
“Phony triumphalism has turned into a device to make Americans live in fear of a terrorist attack, yet you are a thousand times more likely to catch cancer than ever be hurt by that,” he points out.
“All I can say about what the US is doing – it‘s immoral,” Gravel says, explaining that “as a result of 9/11, we have altered our moral compass. And people began to get used to brutalizing each other.”
“We Americans used to think ‘oh, what happened in Germany could never happen with us!’ Well, it is happening with us. And it is happening to the detriment of our global position.”
“In Afghanistan, in Iraq and in Vietnam at the era, all American soldiers died in vain,” Gravel claims, recalling the millions of war victims in Vietnam, which is now developing along its own path, regardless.
New American policies enable US military or security officials to take a decision and dispatch a drone to kill a suspect without trial – together with all civilians who happen to be close to the target, Gravel says.
“The morality of that is removing responsibility – those who drop

edit on 22-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well this guy is sure speaking bluntly (finally, someone speaking their mind). He's also speaking pretty realistically and I wouldn't be surprised if things played out that way, they sure seem to be headed in that exact direction. I kind of disagree that leaving Iran alone is the best way of dealing with it, I think more could be done diplomatically but unfortunately the people in power have no interest in comprising on this situation. The U.S. should extend an olive branch in some sort of way that would smooth things over but they want war, it's a shame.

Good article though, thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree with his statements. We are witnessing the heavy hand of the law and barbarism of police and military against civilians. "Collateral damage" kills somebody's father, child or mother in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya or Iraq. Meanwhile, someone else's paycheck is taken away from them for running a red light, the head of a family that is trying to make ends meat is jailed for unpaid parking tickets and protesters are doused in tear gas and beaten by police.

This is not the way our government should act. It is wrong and immoral. We are not spreading liberty and freedom by taking it away from our own citizens.

The 2 party system has failed us. I know this is not the root of all of the problems, but I will never vote for another Democrat or Republican again. The only way we can send a message is to vote Independent (or at least independent of these 2 parties).

VOTE INDEPENDENT, SEND A MESSAGE.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
the only reason the united states hasn't been attacked like 9/11 is not because homeland security is a super agency neutralizing all threats, it is because al qaeda, as hard as it is to believe is not at war with the population of of america, but it's government.

the selection of targets should give you a clue. the pentagon, centre of the u.s. military, the world trade centers,the american capital of finance and the white house, the seat of power of the u.s. government. (flight 93 never made it to it's target.)

it would be very easy for al qaeda to target an airport or a shopping mall. their war is with american imperialism.

i think ron paul will surprise everybody and win the republican nomination. people like perry and romney are part of the machine that has been exposed as a fraud and criminal in front of the entire country of the united states.

edit on 22-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Great post. One of the first times I've read something a US politician said and actually agreed with the whole thing! At some point in our history, governments (along with police forces) stopped existing to serve the populace and instead became a tool to control us. This has to change.
S&F =D

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

The selection of targets was chose by the very people that are actually the terrorists...the us government not some phony alquada that doesnt even exist.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

The selection of targets was chose by the very people that are actually the terrorists...the us government not some phony alquada that doesnt even exist.

2nd

And I will add that Ron Paul is a saviour about as much as Obama is the saviour that everyone thought he would be. How long will the sheep keep looking for a saviour walking around in a meatsuit?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Nein! All hail the Fuhrer, the Fourth Reich, and Mother America!

Nah lol. He makes some good points, but I don't see China and Pakistan jumping into a full-blown world war with us to save Iran. But we have certainly lost our way after 9/11, espeically with things like this:

New American policies enable US military or security officials to take a decision and dispatch a drone to kill a suspect without trial – together with all civilians who happen to be close to the target.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Ron Paul has the political experience, voting history, and all the credentials necessary to become a great President of the United States. Obama had nothing but charisma and a good slogan. In 2007-2008, everyone wanted change so bad that they would believe anything. Now, more people are awake than ever, and anyone with a brain can clearly see Ron Paul is not the same type of pretend candidate President Obama is/was.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

But alqiada ( im sure i spelled that wrong) made videos saying things. Most of all who they were alqiada. Crazy talk.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by jcord

Ron Paul has the political experience, voting history, and all the credentials necessary to become a great President of the United States. Obama had nothing but charisma and a good slogan. In 2007-2008, everyone wanted change so bad that they would believe anything. Now, more people are awake than ever, and anyone with a brain can clearly see Ron Paul is not the same type of pretend candidate President Obama is/was.

I whole-heartedly agree with you but most people I talk to see him as "Crazy uncle Ron" he does not get the respect he needs from the populous. People in the know can see through the thin veil of "main stream" candidates to who really has integrity and a message to stand behind. I watched my first debate a few weeks ago and when it was done I was sick of every candidate except for two. Those candidates were Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich. All the other candidates were more than happy to engage in this sort of almost comical banter about who said what and when. Newt Gingrich comes across as very intelligent and personable man. Ron Paul, I feel, is the man with the most integrity. Not one candidate could fault his character. Sure, they could disagree with his some of his policies due to how radical they may be, but in these times like it or not, radical change is necessary. Ron Paul 2012

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What does he mean by 'Catch Cancer ' ? Almost like he knows its contagious, like a flu.
Maybe just a typo

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

So your saying nobody else is capable of making a video saying they are alquada but alquada? Please how do you know it wasn't muslims paid by the CIA to make the video

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Eisenhower warned us about a military/industrial complex... and he was right. we just didn't listen.

We're not listening still.

Perhaps we never will.

new topics

top topics

join