It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A protester gives Obama a note saying...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

A protester handed President Barack Obama a note while shaking hands along a rope line in New Hampshire today. AP photographer Charlie Dharapak smartly zoomed in so you can read the note for yourself.

For those of you who like to know (myself included) the technical information on how Charlie shot the pictures, here it is. Both frames were made with a Canon 1D Mark IV with a 70-200mm zoom lens. The exposure was 1/250 @ f2.8 rated at 1600iso. The first image was shot at 70mm and the close up was shot at 160mm.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It would have been funny if it was written in Swahili.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

Nice find! Im surprised SS didnt jump all over that situation.

BTW, whatever happened to the whole 'Anthrax' thing?! That little note could have been laced - even made up entirely of compressed anthrax powder!

Nice to see somebody with guts and a voice take action WITH a result, bravo.

(implying the words on the note and a successful delivery)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just saw this online too! It is AWESOME that someone had the balls to do that. 2012 is going to be VERY interesting! Let's keep it going my brothers and sisters!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm also very amazed that a simple message like that can climb the high ranks. I wonder if Obama will respond to this, I wonder if the MSM will cover it...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I know deep down that man we call our president has to have a heart. The things his government is doing to our country is just inhumane. We can only hope that man actually makes some changes soon because if I received that note as a president, I'd feel just horrible.

All I can do is feel pity for them. For what the government has become. :/

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok...I'm blind. What does the handwritten part say?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

The hand written part says
"with impunity"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
Ok...I'm blind. What does the handwritten part say?

Mr President:

Over 4000 peaceful protesters have been arrested.
While banksters continue to destroy the economy with impunity. (with impunity is hand written)
You must stop the assault
on our 1st amendment rights.
Your silence sends a message
that police brutality is ac(ceptable). (Thumb is covering half the word, so that's my guess)
Banks got bailed out.
We got sold out.
edit on 22-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

It says:

Mr. President. Over 4000 peaceful protestors have been arrested while banksters continue to destroy the American economy ( American crossed out). You must stop this assault on our 1st amendment rights. Your silence sends a message that police brutality is accepted/acceptable( word covered up). Banks got bailed out. We got sold out.

Writing on the side says "with impunity"

EDIT: Got beaten to it

edit on 22-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thank you fltcui and squidboy!

EDIT:
and gimme_some_truth

edit on 22-11-2011 by angrymomma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Do you think he will remain silent? I bet he does

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoValor

Then what did Obama do...? Crumble it up and drop it on the ground?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Now if they could just set it up to where just about everyone the president shook hands with was handing him one

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I was wondering if he crushed it in his fingers and tossed it littering to the ground or if he stuck it quietly in his pocket to play darts with later.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Haha we both had the same vision! That is ironic.

I suppose he could have turned his head slowly towards the camera with the old Native American tear in his eye.

Some great protection he has huh if that camera had been a gun... Security needs to be fired.
edit on 22-11-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrfrodo1524
I know deep down that man we call our president has to have a heart. The things his government is doing to our country is just inhumane. We can only hope that man actually makes some changes soon because if I received that note as a president, I'd feel just horrible.

All I can do is feel pity for them. For what the government has become. :/

well unfortunately that's why you cant be president: you have feelings. Sorry, Its a prerequisite - feelings not allowed in the gov'ment. Cause that would jeopardize the game!

no compromised presidents allowed!
(harder to control)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Unfortunately he'll probably do what any other president would do. Crumple it up, toss it on the ground, and go about his smiling at the crowd.

Our presidents are not human, they don't get to decide if they want to comment or not on something like this. Sad but true.

I am very surprised that anyone could hand something to a U.S. president without being shot by someone in the secret service.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
For what it's worth...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please use "search". Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the Members here..but I am so sick and tired of being S*^t on by our leaders. the man who handed the President the note is a brave soul..who risked being arrested or publicly humiliated to ask OUR President to stop the madness..YES PLEASE Mr. President..feel something for us out here..throw US a bone..how about some arrests? or at least some congressional inquiries into SOME of the fraud, thievery and the financial coup d'état that happened in 2008? How about some decent paying jobs? ..oh eff it..sorry OP for the mini rant..good post SnF Cheers Coco

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join