It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South America VERY Active EQ Activity Tonight-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So I know its kinda Taboo on ATS to post irrelevant quakes, however I just wanted to point out that South America has been VERY active this evening. Actually since yesterday but in the last four hours or so three or fpir good sizes quakes have hit and whats weid about it is that they are not in the same general area or the same fault lines. Now I thought I read somewhere that the huge hole in the magnetosphere was over South america. Does anybody know if this could be attributed to recent CME activity? This has always been a theory of mine as far as CME causing earthquakes. Anyway will be looking on through the night myself.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 22-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Here is the site I use for watching or catching up on earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I see a ~6 and three ~5s. There are also probably several lesser quakes there. Nothing unusual about that in a fault zone, which is where those quakes took place.

Edit

I do not know if all of those quakes are within the same fault system. It looks like a possibility. If a single 7M had occurred you would not have paid any attention, but all of the quakes that did occurr did not release the energy of a single 7M. This has been a heavy year with about 150% above normal activity. But that is how the average is made. Highs and lows. This is a high year. I still think the 311 quake was suspicious though.
edit on 22-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

join