It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa MPs Pass Controversial 'Secrecy Bill'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by harryhaller

I agree with deltaalphanovember. I don't see why you're making this a racial issue. "Die Vierkleur sal weer wapper" (The Vierkleur will fly again) is nothing short of racism and typical sentiments of far-right groups such as the AWB or the "Boeremag" and I'm pretty sure it doesn't belong on ATS.

We scoff at those that blame "Apartheid" for their problems - almost 20 years after the fact. But clinging to a 100 year old flag and a time and place far forgotten is much worse... Get over it.
This is a political issue, not a racial issue, so perhaps you should look past skin colour and focus on what the "Secrecy Bill" actually means for black and white alike.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidAsh

I agree with you LiquidAsh. In fact, instead of my normal computer-routine I opted for a nice stroll in my garden instead last evening, planted some cherry-tomatoes, had a laugh at my crazy cats darting around the bushes, and just breathed in the fresh air. Aaahhh - such bliss - such spectacular beauty - such a glorius sunset. I do love this country of mine! I will also from now on spend less time on News24.... and more time on ATS instead!!!

And you are absolutely correct about the terrible state that millions of people find themselves in in our country. In fact, I have changed my stance about the secession of the WC. What would be the point of leaving those people behind - people who won't have an opportunity to make a move - people who would have from that point onward absolutely no chance in hell of ever improving their lives!

We can only carry on with the greatest of optimism, and work together and on our country's future day by day. Slowly but surely the ANC supporters will become increasingly unhappy with their party's service delivery and come around to other more sustainable party voting options.

I for one am rooting for Lindiwe Mazibuko of the DA! What a gal! What verve! What a gutsy and amazing woman that one is! I hope that she runs for president soon. Now - THAT will be an election with results of great interest...

<< 1   >>

join