It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity's three possible future scenarios. There really is only 3 possibilities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes, folks, there are only three possible future scenarios that can occur.
I'm taking this directly from Aldous Huxley's "The Human Situation." It's a series of lectures he delivered at Santa Barbara given in 1959. I don't have the book in front of me, so it's not going to be word for word. But you'll get the main points.

1. A Nuclear Apocalypse.
At the time, he gave the speeches, this possibility was very likely. Today, it is not as likely, but it is still a possibility. Now that the nuclear bomb has been invented, this possibility will never go away. It can be delayed, or postponed indefinitely, but it is always a possibility.

2. A return to Barbarism.
The way our modern industry has developed, a big war, yet not a nuclear one, could very well leave the world in a state of barbarism. A big war would probably involve the detonation of a couple of nuclear bombs, not enough to destroy the world entirely, but enough to destroy a few major cities. Everything is connected in our current society, and Huxley's. Our societies are virtually the same. It really feels like he's talking about present times when you read his essays. From now on, I won't differentiate between our society, and Huxley's, since they are one in the same. Back on point, since everything is connected, a nuclear bomb detonated in a major city, such as New York(but any major city would suffice), would really destroy the entire system, not just the city. Companies nowadays, get parts and goods from all over the world and country. If one piece of the puzzle is pulled out, the entire system collapses. We would return to a state of barbarism.
This possibility is supported(In the sense, they think it's going to happen) by many on ATS whether they know it or not. We have an entire forum on survival tactics, and many agree that "SHTF soon." In other words, barbarism returns.

3. A one world government.
This really is the only way to prevent number 1 and 2. With so many independent countries, one of them someday will decide to use a nuclear bomb, or even cause a nuclear apocalypse. If no one world government is created, possibility 1 or 2 are the only other possibilities. There's no way we can continue the way we are without 1 or 2 happening.
This possibility has received much attention on ATS. NWO much?

We can delay all three from happening for sometime...but one of the three is inevitable in the long run, it probably isn't that long of run though.

Even if aliens came and saved us....they're either going to destroy us, or enact a one world government.

I did a poor job of summarizing part 3. Aldous Huxley words it MUCH better.

Sorry, no link. I couldn't find the book online. I tried pretty hard too. If anyone finds it I would appreciate it greatly if you linked it here. I only summarized one chapter of the book. It has so much information about humanity.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If nothing is done to stop the evil reptilians over six billion people will die before the end of this century. Its an apocalypse! Apocalypse!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
classiclit.about.com...

This site has Huxley quotes and references.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Why couldn't it be all three? The order you listed them seemed pretty linear and logical in how one would progress into a world government. First the problem "Nuclear War" then the reaction "Barbarism" then the solution "World government"....

so basically from your post

1) = the problem
2) = the reaction
3) = the solution

edit on 22-11-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Dear Ghost375

Agreed.

The Americans will not like the rest of this.

We must have a one world government but not as we know government today.

First off we have to do away with money.

The government members must be selected from the brightest among there community and if any such actually want to do the job they should be immediately rejected. The leader should be selected by the government members.

People are given jobs depending on the education and skills, regardless people are given the means to live and be educated.

Now I know this is somewhat utopian but if we are too survive it is the way it has to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I disagree. Your ignoring many variables. Your forgetting that every possibility is an eventuality. Wether in this universe/timeline or another....life is what you make of it, based on choices. Don't be so close minded, especially since the power of thought can go a long way.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
or #4, what will actually happen.. something you would never have suspected possible, because human beings cant predict the future. if they could, we would all be driving flying cars right now.

do you think any of those delusional "american dreamers" of the 50s, fresh out of WW2 would have predicted ANY of this crazy crap thats happening right now?

they didnt even see hippies coming and they were only a decade away!
they built bomb shelters with their hard earned money because they were convinced "the dirty commies" were real threats!
edit on 22-11-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

There really is only 3 possibilities.

You missed at least one other option: 'Idiocracy'.

This, due to a slow decay of science, logic and reason.....instigated by the rise of "twitter" and "texting", and the slow decline in caring about grammar and syntax....which leads to ever-increasingly poor communications, and eventually, anarchy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I postulate option 4.
A trickle of people elevate their consciousness to the point of evolving past being bound by physical laws.
That trickle becomes a torrent and the physical based group who held power are rendered impotent.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
I postulate option 4.
A trickle of people elevate their consciousness to the point of evolving past being bound by physical laws.
That trickle becomes a torrent and the physical based group who held power are rendered impotent.

if we leave them behind are we any better than them?
they are like children after all.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It depends on your world view as to what will happen.

I'll take door #3 because there are few countries left that have not joined the UN hegemony and we're about to go to war with them soon if they don't capitulate.

afterward should "unrest" break out in a member state the total power of the group can be directed at pacification
of enemies within as there are no more enemies without

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I would hate to give Aldous Huxley the benefit of being right, so I vote for a fourth outcome...spontaneous enlightenment and peace on earth and goodwill to all men...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
4. The Second Coming of Christ.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

There is a 4th scenario. The Golden Age of earth. Research about it if you are not aware of it. You are thinking from the point of view of fear and that is why all the scenarios that you see are all doom and gloom.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

Originally posted by Shirak
I postulate option 4.

if we leave them behind are we any better than them?
they are like children after all.

The power paradigm would shift. No longer would their prisons hold power. As to leaving people behind I never postulated that. Theres a large difference between freeing the self from slavery and leaving behind the slave master no doubt there are many lessons the evolved would like to pass on to these beings stuck in their prison palaces. (I'm being metaphorical here)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
as someone to who the threat of prison is real I have to agree if you can believe in your own mental/spiritual freedom no threat of prison,pain,or death will disturb you.

or to quote a line of Bushido "A samurai should consider his/her own death on a daily basis. imagine yourself shot by arrows or drowned at sea in a storm. think about being slain by your enemies and dieing of a sickness." im just paraphrasing but the idea is that death is just another beginning like being born.

as for leaving behind the a holes that are doing these things i say screw em
edit on 22-11-2011 by bakedbluedevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well....there are some other things to be considered.

Let's say your #3 arrives. One world government isn't that simple. Every human government on Earth has always had a bad habit of marginalising & disenfranchising certain people, depending on where it is. Remember in "Brave New World" where there is a specially bred elite in the cities but outside there are all the have-nots grubbing for a meager living? There are your "barbarians". Should a one-world government come to pass, nuclear war won't be necessary to give rise to savages. There are always people who don't fit in, or aren't allowed to. The movie "Children of Men" paints a fine example of what such a world would be like.

Scenario #1: Nuclear war. On the one hand, today's actual elites seem to be busily preparing for either this or a world-wide natural disaster of some sort- seeing as in places like the US there are government factions building huge underground cities, & very rich people building fortresses & private armies in remote areas. Should this war occur there won't be many other people surviving- those that do will envy the dead, & be living just like the people in the movie "the Road Warrior". No one world government will rise out of that chaos for a long, long time. The half-life of radioactivity takes thousands of years to wind down to livable levels.

Quite frankly, I can't imagine what could force a one world government upon the people of this planet at this stage. Too many countries don't get along at all- such a government would start World War Three all by itself. The so-called elite of today, the fat cats who own the biggest corporations & rule the world through the first world countries, make huge profits from pitting other countries against one another & loaning money as well as selling weapons to both sides. It's like a game to them.

I couldn't possibly tell of all of this in this thread, but I will recommend Jim Marrs' wonderful book, "Rule By Secrecy". It explains everything so much better than I could; it's well researched & all of the sources are listed. I recommend it to everyone.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

There really is only 3 possibilities.

You missed at least one other option: 'Idiocracy'.

This, due to a slow decay of science, logic and reason.....instigated by the rise of "twitter" and "texting", and the slow decline in caring about grammar and syntax....which leads to ever-increasingly poor communications, and eventually, anarchy.

And with all the nuclear bombs today, you don't think the idiots would eventually blow themselves up? Idiocracy is a movie...notice how all the buildings are destroyed....that's what would really happen. There's no way technology would be able to sustain that many retards. Notice how retards fly planes in the movie? Yeah, that's not happening in the real world. Sure there could be auto-pilot planes, but eventually they'd need repairing. And with no one smart enough to repair them, the auto-pilot won't do much good. The plane is just one example.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Everyone seems to be assuming that a one world government has to be an evil thing where our freedom is removed. Within the one world government scenario, there is the possibility of a good one world government, or an evil one. Notice how Aldous Huxley never specified. The three scenarios are kind of broad, making it guaranteed that our future will fall in one of the three. The details aren't really that important. In the small picture, sure they are. But in the big picture, all that matters is which of the three scenarios it falls under.

To the person said "Jesus comes back." And what exactly does the bible say Jesus will do? That's right, it says he will cause the kingdom of god to rule the earth, in other words, a one world government.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

There is a 4th scenario. The Golden Age of earth. Research about it if you are not aware of it. You are thinking from the point of view of fear and that is why all the scenarios that you see are all doom and gloom.

This would still involve the third scenario of a world government.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join