It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK walk In Clinics, Ear syringing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Anybody know anything about walk In clinics?
Will they syringe my Ears?, Its full of wax, both sides.
I did say to the women on the phone will they do my ears and she just told me someone will look at me, just don't wanma go for no reason.

I understand I have to tell them I have been puttong Olive Oil In there for 2 weeks or they will not do It.
Its so annoying, won't even be able to enjoy my 3 days off work playing Xbox and watching films like I normally do.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Uhhh I just used Q-tips today to pull out gobbs of wax out haha. Now I feel like I've got super hearing!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Do not put olive oil in your ears!!!
Ear blockages can be very easy to stuff up using home remedies. (Some natural-paths have good remedies I have been treated successfully by an accredited one)
I have had them throughout my life I even had one blockage removed using suction. Do not put anything in there bigger than your elbow.
Spend the money see a professional doctor or health care worker seriously you will regret it if you lose your hearing.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I get my eyes Syringed at least once a year and always get told to put warm Olive oil In my ear 2 weeks before, It softens It up, sometimes even clears the problem.

I would go to my Gp but hell only refer me to the nurse to get syringed which will be a week later, I need It done asap which Is why I'm going to a walk-In clinic.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

What does getting the eyes syringed do? is that to get rid of floaters?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You can buy over the counter syringe things for your ears, at least in the USA you can. Kind of a silly thing to go to a clinic for.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Not sure you can In England, therfore not silly, I don't want to be death on my days or anytime for that matter.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Uhhh I just used Q-tips today to pull out gobbs of wax out haha. Now I feel like I've got super hearing!

According to all the doc's I've ever seen, that is the worst thing you can do. It impacts the wax against the eardrum and makes it much more difficult to remove. You're only supposed to use Q-tips around the outside of the ear, never inside the ear canal. You're supposed to use a liquid wax removal kit instead.

And something else I learned the hard way, don't ever use a Q-tip in the ear canal after swimming. It creates scratches in the soft tissue of the canal and bacteria gets in those scratches with the pool water and goes to town. The next day- massive ear infection! Instead put a couple of swimmer drops in each ear after swimming and it dries the ear canal out and prevents infection.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
EEEEWWWWW

Sorry, it's just that 'dirty ears' are my quirky thing!! I can't bear it, I can deal with other gross stuff but not ears
!!

I've always used cotton buds outside and inside my ears, I cannot bear the feeling of anything in there! I know I shouldn't but there's lots of stuff we shouldn't do and when I saw an ENT a few years ago for a throat issue, he did say I had the cleanest ears he'd ever seen, so I must be doing it right

Good luck with your ear issue and enjoy your few days off

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
When i used to get ear canal blockages, i'd sort it out by rolling up tissue and pushing it right into my ear.

It worked a few times, so that i could hear ok, and then one time i did it, i felt a slight pain in my ear, which turned out to be me, perforating my left ear drum. (I play Guitar for a few bands, so it was a double 7uck-up)

Putting anything in your ear is just bad news.

Drop-in centre should do it, as long as you kind of explain that you're not coping to well with having a blocked ear.

top topics

join