It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope that all of you see that there are only two sane(ish) Republican candidates.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
For people who made it a necessity to read the United States constitution, the Republican sure seem to not know much about constitutional rights or the ideals of liberty that this nation was founded upon.

I don't have much to say, as I am still watching the debate. However, I can tell you that Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman are the only sane individuals on the stage. The other candidates will gladly strip you of your rights and strengthen the patriot act. The other candidates would gladly trade in liberty for security and provide you with neither. Furthermore, they look as if they would gladly drag you and your children into WW3 for the purpose of shielding Israel from the consequences of their own actions.

Careful all of you Registered Republicans...Careful.

You have two choices in this coming election:
Don't Vote, or Vote for the death of your livelyhood.
We know Paul and Huntsman won't be the candidates available to choose.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It really is a shame that terms like "liberty", "freedom", and "responsibility", not mention "end war", "stop dependence on foreign oil", and "prosperity", are terms labeled as being fringe, or extreme, or completely nuts. Our populace has zero clue. If a candidate isn't willing to put something in their hand that is pathetically outstretched, they don't want to listen to them.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

This is the point where in which we realize that we do not live in 1984, but discover that we live within the Brave New World.

The citizens are the military force that keeps one another in line socially. Thinking sensibly or thinking truthfully, if it goes against the societal mind, becomes something that makes one an outcast...a weirdo...a fringe element. They keep us just comfortable enough so that we don't revolt. They make us think that we are each others enemies, or that the government is our enemy. We are the tools, just like the government has become to execute their policy. They want us docile, and they have control of our minds. You can see it within this debate...people clapping and cheering for the reduction of rights.

I don't like talking about Shadow Elements...but damn if they don't exist, and damn it if they haven't made us the most brainwashed people on the planet. Brainwashing through comfort...it has won us over to their cause. We will cheer-lead our rights away...piece by piece.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Like alot of people are saying, these are strange times we live in, so I would not be too worried. Alot of people have opened their eyes, there IS a chance for Ron Paul. We may actually see CHANGE that Obama promised. Do not give up yet.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
SO far through the debate Ron Paul as usual makes the most sense, however we all know he is unelectable cause well let's face it... he sometimes comes off abit crazy. I think it's cause he kinda looks like Grover from sesame street....
Also, as usual, Newt sounds good in a debate but once you start to pick through what he is actually saying all you hear is Grover running back and forth in your head yelling "......martial........law......martial......law......"

So what's the option for a poor republican? I am a registered one by the way..... *sigh*.

Grrrr....

Mit Romney?.... Really? I hope not.
He is probably the only one that could pull off a win in the general election, but I think he may just be a more suave form of nuts.

At this point I think we might just lose. No matter what happens, no matter who wins. Our liberties will be lost, just depends on who wins for which particular ones those will be. We will still be in some sort of war. Either as a fear tactic to control the public, or as a financial move to play the game and try to come out on top. Even so we the people will still be broke so what's the point? Elections make me melancholy.....

And now that the debate has gone on while I type I'd like to point out that I myself am pro Israel. However i am unsatisfied with every candidate's response to every one of these Israel questions.

I'll be writing in my vote this election......... Grover.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'd like to see Dr. Paul and Mr. Huntsman together. They'd make a great team.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

however we all know he is unelectable cause well let's face it...

#1, it isn't true, it is just a lie perpetrated by the GOP powers that be and MSM.
#2, we shouldn't keep repeating it, it only strengthens their argument.

He is the only one "electable" because none of the rest of them can defeat Obama.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would love to believe Ron could pull it off as much as the next "down with the system" kinda guy, but I just don't see it happening. Unfortunately we still run this crazy 2 party system and well he's just in the Rep. side cause he had to pick one. I think it was a coin toss for him really. If a third party really stood a chance I'd put my money on Paul to blaze his own nomination and steal the show. However the country still insists on splitting itself into 2 instead of giving ourselves broader options. And with a peace loving attitude and not willing to compromise on the constitution like all the other politicians in town, I can't see him winning out a Republican nod. With no main party nomination no chance in the current way of things. He could try a third party approach but I just can't see it.

It's sad I know. But you can always pray I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

Problem is, the GOP can't win without him. They wont get the voter turnout Obama will. They won't get the fundraising Obama will, and a few stubborn folks like myself that do turnout will still write in Paul.

Without Paul, it will be a landslide for Obama, and then OWS will look like a cakewalk. I don't believe the country will make it from November 2012 to January 2013 without violence if Obama wins in a landslide.

I'm not hoping for violence or unrest, just preparing for it. The election is still a year away and the Tea Party is still active, OWS is getting more and more support, foreign nations are getting more and more bold, economy is getting worse.

We need a leader that can present a solution. Paul is the only one that can present a new solution that has a chance to work. Without that hope........ well hopeless people are dangerous.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
"i dont believe Obama can win, because lets face it, hes a black guy."

you think ron paul sounds crazy, you should have heard Teddy Roosevelt... if anyone can be compared to a muppet....
edit on 22-11-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The main problem this go round I believe is going to be party bases. Dem. bases will never turn their back on an incumbent, unless for some reason there is a Dem. contender that rises up (oh a man can hope). In which case the party base will split and YAY!!! However Rep. base will have a harder time bringing themselves to support Paul. And when it comes to Reps. well we can be a little hard headed sometimes and I would be afraid that the base would simply refuse to vote. If he goes third party then he and the Reps. lose and if he posts well enough numbers then the Rep. party will accuse him of stealing votes from them and so it becomes his fault Obama is still in, at least that's the way the media will cover it.

IF he could win the Rep. nomination and if the base turns up to support him he might be able to pull it off. However since it is basically the base that hands out the nomination to begin with I can't see him getting it. No matter how much face he kicks in during the debates.

Poor Grover. So near, and yet so.....far.....near......far......near......far.....near.....far.....

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

What? vote Ron Paul, a recent poll shows him with 25% (FIRST PLACE) in Iowa, vote Ron Paul or nothing, and if they screw him out of the GOP convention, we go third party and make history by electing him president via third party.

Ron Paul or NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
I'd like to see Dr. Paul and Mr. Huntsman together. They'd make a great team.

I don't know about Huntsman. I think Johnson would be a much better fit, ideologically.

new topics

top topics

join