It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory of that the "hum" is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've been hearing the "hum" or years. At first, I thought it was a transformer box on top of the telephone pole at the end of the driveway. I live 10 miles from the nearest town which has a population of only 2000 and 80 miles from the Twin Cities. I eventually ruled out the box because I could only hear it at night, maybe because it's quiet enough at night for me to hear?

Anyway, my theory is that the "hum" is from drilling equipment underground. I've read reports of underground tunnels spanning the U.S. with bunkers and such. It would make sense the U.S. would drill tunnels so that during an ELE or something the elite could safely and quietly be transported, without anybody knowing where or how they are getting to where they can be safe. Also after Vietnam, i'm sure the U.S. took some lessons from the efficiency and effectiveness of the tunnels.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
But why would they have them making so much sound?
Sound coming from the ground, logic would point to something going on underground, or in this case drilling.
Does not make sense to me. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

I haven't heard the "hum". I live in small town (600) in Canada. Maybe if someone was to make a map of the hums it would make more sense?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The videos ive seen suggest the complete opposite tbh, sounds very much in the open aoir.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Yes the sounds really do seem to be coming from the sky. I don't trust people with beards though.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've "heard" variations of such "humming". I can't say too much without violating ATS T&C and having some square mod deleting my post, but I will say that the humming isn't something external that you hear. It's like a tonal vibration coming from the environment, or bio-organic energy from living things, or both.

Seriously, think about it. What we sense as "hearing" is really only vibrations that can ripple through air (and other matter).

When you hear this "hum", it's vibrations at such a high frequency that you just sorta block it out. In fact, you don't even notice it unless it's just hitting you or at the very least, try to listen for it.

But you're not really going to know it unless something happens to you where you're out of step with reality for just a moment and then it all comes back to you when you least expect it like the tide of the ocean, and you can't help but think "woah".

It's like something that is always around us, rhythmatically guiding us to the same universal beat

edit on 23-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be though if it did come from underground, it would be more of a vibration than a hum?
Drilling and blasting creates sound yes, but coming up to us from underneath I would have to say it would be felt rather than heard, whereas coming from above, ie; the sky, there would be no solid matter to pass through, therefore it creates a sound resonance that is only heard. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

Mr. Sandman...

It can not be due to tunnels... Why? Because I have been hearing the HUM since 2008 in South Florida where you could not possibly be tunneling. The water table is too high. That is also why we don't have basements in Florida... I have heard it in other locations besides Florida, by the way.

Also, this is a low frequency sound not being heard by many. If it was just tunneling don't you think most people and animals would be affected by the tremors that tunneling would cause?
I'm convinced this is due to something electromagnetic. Wether it is due to natural causes, God only knows.
I doubt it. On the day that is was strongest for me, 2/17/2010, a Tesla airplane crashed in California (www.wired.com...). Was that just a coicidence? There are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.
Whatever affected that plane enough for it to crash, is still happening. Almost everyday one hears of yet another small plane having engine failure and falling out of the sky or having to crash land somewhere.

From the first moment I felt this sound, I knew deep in my heart that it was something serious. But, of course, I wanted it to be something minor like just pump failure. If only everyone could feel this sound and I say feel because it is more than just a sound. Then more people would be demanding answers from the government about this and eventually they would have to explain what the hell is going on.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I hear this "hum" too. Im in Central Texas and I hear it every night at the same time like clockwork. 11:30pm and it lasts until 6am the next morning approximately.

I have no idea what it is and I know others that experience the same phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Kind of like how you can hear a train when it's miles away by listening to the track.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
When people are referring to "the hum" they usually mean Tao's hum. And that you hear in your Head. Not with your ears

Best with earphones

edit on 28-12-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is a LOT to say to the hum...but...

People hear the "hum" not only in the states, it's a world-wide phenomenon. They sometimes hear the hum even if they move to another location, or when they are on vacation.

So no, it's not drilling or mobile antenna or similar.

It can be something external which creates some kind of physical reaction in the body, in other words...the sound is somehow created inside the body but it COULD be some external trigger. But its all speculation.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
There is a LOT to say to the hum...but...

People hear the "hum" not only in the states, it's a world-wide phenomenon. They sometimes hear the hum even if they move to another location, or when they are on vacation.

So no, it's not drilling or mobile antenna or similar.

It can be something external which creates some kind of physical reaction in the body, in other words...the sound is somehow created inside the body but it COULD be some external trigger. But its all speculation.

I used to "hear" the hum. In greece and in germany. And after that it lead to a sleep paralysis most of the time

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I hear the 'hum' too, mostly when everything else is silent. I honestly think it is the sound of electricity that is being run to everything we have plugged in, or maybe just run to the external of our homes. At least in my house I believe that is the cause of the sound.
Does that sound possible to anyone else?
Peace and light...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've been hearing the Hum for many years, but do not live in the US. I live in France. I heard it where I used to live ten years ago, and where I do now. The last home was in an area that was relatively flat, I now live in a very high altitude mountainous region.

I would be very surprised if tunnels are being made here, it wouldn't be easy, considering the landscape......but I guess it is one theory.......

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Really guys are you serious TUNNELS!!! Do you know how long it takes? It took 6 years to make the channel tunnel and that's only 31miles long Channel tunnel.

So to build a network of tunnels all around America is not feasible in the slightest for example using the same time scale and building a tunnel from Arizona to Tucson Which is roughly 362 miles so using the same rough time frame this would take 66 years alone never mind any other tunnel and don't forget the man power involved.

I would rather just put cargo on a plane thanks.

new topics

top topics

join