It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeti 'Nests' Found in Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm posting this only because of my peek interest in this subject. Sometimes I think the Bigfoot or Yeti subject is more controversial than Aliens and yet Aliens make more sense.

Bigfoot researcher and biologist John Bindernagel claims his research group has found evidence that the Yeti (a Russian "cousin" of the American Bigfoot) not only exists, but builds nests and shelters by twisting tree branches together.

"We didn't feel like the trees we saw in Siberia had been done by a man or another mammal.... Twisted trees like this have also been observed in North America and they could fit with the theory that Bigfoot makes nests. The nests we have looked at are built around trees twisted together into an arch shape," Bindernagel told the British tabloid The Sun.

Now I know The Sun isn't the best of sources but it lends some credibility to some things.

Tree twisting, also called splintering, has been claimed as Bigfoot evidence for decades throughout the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere. In some cases tool markings have been found on trees said to have been twisted by Bigfoot. This suggests that the creatures are even possibly more intelligent than previously suspected and may be able to somehow locate and use pliers, monkey wrenches, and other common hardware tools. [10 Mythical Beasts That Might Exist]

Unless the marks were made by human hoaxers.

Although many of the "mysteriously" twisted tree limbs are conveniently near ground level, some are found at the top of trees. Bigfoot researchers claim these are stronger evidence of the Yeti's existence, because whereas any hoaxer could easily twist small, waist-level branches, only a Bigfoot-like animal would be able to climb up that high.

However, that raises the not-insignificant question of how a huge, heavy animal would get to the top of a tree without breaking it, or at least snapping a few branches on the way up. Bigfoot are often said to be between 8-and-12-feet tall and weigh several hundred pounds; surely if such a tall, heavy animal made its way up a tree – most of the trees that have been found twisted are spindly in nature – there would be much more obvious damage than a few woven branches at the very top. And if Bigfoot and Yetis spend time perched at the tops of trees doing arboreal decorating, why aren't they spotted more often?

So yes it could be hoaxed or just some natural formations but lets just pretend for a moment ha. Ever since I was a boy I would read about Bigfoot and would always wonder......what if?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't really see a problem with a "bigfoot".

About 15 years ago i was on a hunting trip in North Carolina. I was up in a tree with my little bow freezing half to death and wondering when my father was gonna decide it was time to go and come get me, when I heard a rustling in some brush off to my left. So I got to looking at this rather large pile of brush laying right along a creek that was slightly moving. I was expecting to see a deer walk out at any moment when to my surprise a dark orange creature came bursting out of the brush and into the water at which point it started slapping the water and making all types of noise. Scared me to no end. My first thought of this hairy biped? Well of course Bigfoot!!!

But it wasn't. I realized this after a few moments and nervously watched an orangutan play in the water until it slipped off a good distance at which point i ran like made back to the truck. When i told my father, who by the way was quite angry that i left the tree stand early, that i had seen an orangutan he thought i had went crazy.

A few days later I saw a news report of a wrecked circus truck and of it's escaped orangutan.

The point?

When I seen an ape in a place i was not expecting one "BIGFOOT!!!!"

I find it possible that either an undiscovered species of great ape or an introduction of a species of ape not native to the area could well be considered a Bigfoot, especially if those that see it are unfamiliar with that species of ape. But for an introduced or unknown ape to survive in small numbers and breed and stick around for a long while seems quite possible to me. And from a later news report i found out that it took wildlife officials 3 WEEKS to find a fairly tamed orangutan in a block of woods they already knew it was in. Seems a "Bigfoot" could hide for a long time.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I'm posting this only because of my peek interest in this subject. Sometimes I think the Bigfoot or Yeti subject is more controversial than Aliens and yet Aliens make more sense.

Aliens make more sense??

i agree BOTH are debate-able

but between you and me.. Yeti and Bigfoot are much more plausible ..

heck,, we didn't even know about Panda bears until after WW1--just local Rumors for years before the "world" found out...

just sayin...

and its SAD,, that there were no pictures with the story-- i mean you go all the way to russia and find "evidence" and forget to take pictures..??

edit on 11/22/11 by darrman because: yeahh I gave you the flag

edit on 11/22/11 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Ah but see here is what I'm speaking of. See I live in a happy medium where anything is possible and nothing doesn't exist. So I can't agree with you that a yeti is more plausable than an alien. I believe that they both have the same probability of existense.

What doesn't exist here, exists elsewhere else.

So yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.
edit on 22-11-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Very interesting. These "dwellings" are similar to ones found in the United States, although they are not all as intricate. From my research, I believe that Sasquatch make a number of different types of nests for different reasons. I have my doubts that they actually "live" in one place all year round, although they do seem to build more intricate long-lasting structures, imo most likely as winter approaches.

They also seem to make more temporary nests while traveling. It is my opinion that these animals travel on average 30 miles every couple of days...This distance is usually away from their main homes, which are more remote than anyone could even speculate, lol.

They spend the majority of their time, at least imo, at these more long-term domiciles, venturing out for food, exploration, and some other reasons as well...

Good post btw, as I find this topic extremely intriguing.

new topics

top topics

join