It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Theory: The Leprechauns and the Missing Trillions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Now 1stly like all great theatrics ...it is good to start out with some humour in the form of a cartoon that boils down the bare facts in an exagerated manner for the lulzs and to break the ice between the audience and the actors participating in the agreed reality aka as Please suspend your disblief until you have been told the whole story ok!

Personal Disclosure: Now does everybody have their happy coloured mix cocktails?

Yes, What is in our water? (thread by noobsauce13 posted on 7-2-2010 @ 02:23 PM , post by OmegaLogos jdshg ) [ATS]

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Oh yeah... That video... It is a rainbow!

Bows of rain, balderdash! Such nonsense science propagates. Everyone knows that isn't possible.

Explanation: You are completely correct as light is supposed to travel in straight lines according to general science and clearly the rainbow is bent!

Now if we use General Relativity we find out that light does travel in straight lines but only thru the fabric of space+time and if the space+time fabric is bent or distorted then that results in a bent beam of light!

Since the rainbow exhibits a very large bend I can only conclude that it is because the fabric of space+time is massively distorted by the gravitaional pull of the massive pots of gold at either end of the rainbow!

Personal Disclosure: A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

P.S. Please Note that the above post was written entirely tongue in cheek and is meant as sarcastic satire on psuedo science!

Edited spelling fail. :shk: mae a
sigh!

[edit on 8-2-2010 by OmegaLogos]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personal Disclosure: A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

You sir, know far too much. I'm warning the entire lephrechaun tribal council!

Explanation: I wouldn't recommend that or I'll be forced to post the data I have been collecting on just how much gold is in those pots to bend the fabric of time+space to the extent that the starlight bow of light is curved a full half semi circle!

I wouldn't want to start a mad Gold Rush in these uncertain and strained economic times. See what happened in Iraq with the worlds need for OIL.
Would it be any different where-ever a rainbow pops up in regards to the worlds need for $$$'s?

Can we really afford to have leprechaun terrorist and insurgents appearing wherever it might just happen to rain???

Personal Disclosure:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They must be informed that leprechaun anscestral lands are in danger of being overrun by greedy coporations. Do you think the natives will benefit from the extraction of the gold? No! They must stand firm and prepared to resist an onslaught of western corporate incursion. The ancestors prophesized this day and now the 'cauns must be told the time is nigh when they must fight.

Any disclosure of the sheer size and availability of the reserves would prove catastrophic for the markets. Gordon Liddy will have have you in thumbscrews if you were to provide figures with evidence to the public. Gold would become worth less than flying pig iron.

If you learn and respect their ways and their lands, all the green technology you could ever dream of would be freely shared and peace would rain over the world!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Alien greys and other aliens people see today are the leprechauns,elves and faries of long ago...Appearing under different guises to fit into the mind set and beliefs of the age they are enter within...
edit on 23-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Explanation:

One can Take gold ...

By War!

One can Make gold ...

Turning Lead into Gold. Is Alchemy Real? (By Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D., About.com Guide.) [chemistry.about.com]

Before Chemistry was a science, there was Alchemy. One of the supreme quests of alchemy is to transmute lead into gold. Lead (atomic number 82) and gold (atomic number 79) are defined as elements by the number of protons they possess. Changing the element requires changing the atomic (proton) number. The number of protons cannot be altered by any chemical means. However, physics may be used to add or remove protons and thereby change one element into another. Because lead is stable, forcing it to release three protons requires a vast input of energy, such that the cost of transmuting it greatly surpasses the value of the resulting gold.
Transmutation of lead into gold isn't just theoretically possible - it has been achieved! There are reports that Glenn Seaborg, 1951 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry, succeeded in transmuting a minute quantity of lead (possibly en route from bismuth, in 1980) into gold. There is an earlier report (1972) in which Soviet physicists at a nuclear research facility near Lake Baikal in Siberia accidentally discovered a reaction for turning lead into gold when they found the lead shielding of an experimental reactor had changed to gold.

Modern Alchemy: Nuclear Reactions (by University of Bristol School of Chemistry) [chm.bris.ac.uk]

In 1980, Glenn Seaborg was successful in transmuting minute quantities lead to gold, possibly via bismuth. In 1972, Russian scientists found that the lead shielding of an experimental nuclear reactor near Lake Baikal in
Siberia had unexpectedly turned to gold!

Unfortunately such gold is likely to be radioactive, and would decay back to stable lead, whilst releasing dangerous radiation.

A possible route to gold would be from mercury. If mercury of its various naturally occuring isotopes could be made to capture neutrons, the resulting nuclear decay chains would eventually yield gold-197, the most
common naturally occuring gold isotope, and perfectly stable.

The neutrons used in this process would need to have an energy of at least 9 MeV in order for a complete transmutation of the mercury to occur. These energies are well within the capabilities of nuclear reactors
however the gold is likely to be contamiated with other radioisotopes. Particle accelerators could therefore be the alternative...

One can Fake gold ...

Gold Certificate [wiki]

A gold certificate in general is a certificate of ownership that gold owners hold instead of storing the actual gold. It has both a historic meaning as a US paper currency (1882–1933) and a current meaning as a way to invest in gold.

Banks may issue gold certificates for gold which is allocated (non-fungible) or unallocated (fungible or pooled). Unallocated gold certificates are a form of fractional reserve banking and do not guarantee an equal exchange for metal in the event of a run on the issuing bank's gold on deposit.[1] Allocated gold certificates should be correlated with specific numbered bars, although it is difficult to determine whether a bank is improperly allocating a single bar to more than one party.

Does not = this ...

One can Stake out gold ...

Mineral Rights [wiki]

Ownership of mineral rights (more properly "mineral interest") is an estate in real property. Technically it is known as a mineral estate and often referred to as mineral rights. It is the right of the owner to exploit, mine, and/or produce any or all of the minerals lying below the surface of the property.

Contimued below.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Explanation: Continued from above...

2ndary evidence to above information!

We can Take the gold ...

Gold Wars: The Battle Against Sound Money As Seen From A Swiss Perspective (Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education, 2001) 304 pages/ ISBN 0-9710380-0-7 (by Ferdinand Lips) [fame.org]

Gold Wars deals with gold’s history, the gold rushes and the abandonment of gold-as-money under the modern welfare/warfare state. It shows how governments, fearing the affinity of free people for gold, fight it, thereby helping to destroy whole countries along with the gold mining industry. The book highlights the betrayal of gold-rich Switzerland. The author condemns gold “hedging,” gold market manipulation by governments and bullion banks, fiat money and debt. He concludes that only a gold standard can return an ailing world economy to its full potential, reduce unemployment, help restore law and order, and help to secure peace and freedom for mankind.

We can Make the gold ...

Nuclear transmutation [wiki]

The term transmutation dates back to the search for the philosopher's stone. In alchemy, it was believed that the transformation of base metals into gold could be accomplished in table-top experiments. The alchemical belief in transmutation was based on a thoroughly wrong understanding of the underlying processes. The belief in transmutation continued to be widespread in Europe until Antoine Lavoisier, in the 18th century, replaced the alchemical theory of elements with the modern theory of chemical elements and when John Dalton further developed the notion of atoms (from the alchemical theory of corpuscles) to explain various chemical processes. The disintegration of atoms is a distinct process involving much greater energies than could be achieved by alchemists.

It was first consciously applied to modern physics by Frederick Soddy when he, along with Ernest Rutherford, discovered that radioactive thorium was converting itself into radium in 1901. At the moment of realization, Soddy later recalled, he shouted out: "Rutherford, this is transmutation!" Rutherford snapped back, "For Christ's sake, Soddy, don't call it transmutation. They'll have our heads off as alchemists."

Author Ken Croswell summarised their discoveries thus:

Burbidge, Burbidge, Fowler, Hoyle

Took the stars and made them toil:
Carbon, copper, gold, and lead
Formed in stars, is what they said.

Philosopher's Stone [wiki]

The philosopher's stone (Latin: lapis philosophorum) is a legendary alchemical substance said to be capable of turning base metals (lead, for example) into gold (chrysopoeia) or silver. It was also sometimes believed to be an elixir of life, useful for rejuvenation and possibly for achieving immortality. For many centuries, it was the most sought-after goal in Western alchemy. The philosopher's stone was the central symbol of the mystical terminology of alchemy, symbolizing perfection at its finest, enlightenment, and heavenly bliss. Efforts to discover the philosopher's stone were known as the Magnum Opus.

Properties:
The philosopher's stone has been attributed with many mystical and magical properties. The most commonly mentioned properties are the ability to transmute base metals into gold or silver, and the ability to heal all forms of illness and prolong the life of any person who consumes a small part of the philosopher's stone. Other mentioned properties include: creation of perpetually burning lamps, transmutation of common crystals into precious stones and diamonds, reviving of dead plants, creation of flexible or malleable glass,or the creation of a clone or golem.

1. The Book of Aquarius (by jsbdjsad) [bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org]

The purpose of this book is to release one particular secret, which has been kept hidden for the last 12,000 years. The Philosophers' Stone, Elixir of Life, Fountain of Youth, Ambrosia, Soma, Amrita, Nectar of Immortality. These are different names for the same thing.

Alchemy and The Philosopher's Stone is Real (by sign00 posted on 25-3-2011 @ 04:18 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: continued next post below!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Explanation: Continued from above ...

Alchemy and The Philosopher's Stone is Real (by sign00 posted on 25-3-2011 @ 11:42 PM ) [ATS]

Originally posted by sign00
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You're only really showing that you have not read (or understood) any alchemy books yourself, apart from the modern ones. The Book of Aquarius quotes from 46 different alchemy books (old ones). And there are countless quotes that talk about how it is a real thing, and people have all these different ideas about it, but actually the sages all agree that its the same, etc, etc. So you're really not making any valid point here. I recommend you read the book if you actually want to look like you have any idea what we're talking about.

permit me to transcribe a passage from the works of Helmontius (Arbor Vitæ, folio 630): "I cannot but believe that there is such a thing as a gold and silver making Stone. At the same time, I cannot shut my eyes to the fact that hundreds of painstaking Alchemists are daily being led astray by impostors or ignorant professors of the Spagyric Art." For this reason I shall not be astonished if—immediately upon perusing my book—multitudes of these deluded victims start up, and contradict the assertion which I have made in regard to the truth of this Art. One of these gentry denounces Alchemy as a work of the Devil; another describes it as sheer nonsense and humbug; a third admits the possibility of transmuting metals into gold, but maintains that the whole process costs more money than it is worth. But I do not wonder at these opinions. It is a hackneyed saying of human nature that we gape at those things whose purpose we do not understand, but we investigate things pleasurable to know. The Sages should therefore remember the words of Seneca (De Moribus): "You are not yet blessed, if the multitude does not laugh at you." But I do not care whether they believe or contradict my teaching about the transmutation of metals; I rest calmly satisfied in the knowledge that I have seen it with my own eyes, and performed it with my own hands. Even in our degenerate age these wonders are still possible; even now the Medicine is prepared which is worth twenty tons of gold, nay, more, for it has virtue to bestow that which all the gold of the world cannot buy, viz., health. Blessed is that physician who knows our soothing medicinal Potion of Mercury, the great panacea of death and disease. But God does not reveal this glorious knowledge to all men indiscriminately; and some men are so obtuse (with a judicial blindness) that they wonder at the activity of the simplest forces of Nature, as, for instance, the attractive power which the magnet exercises upon the steel. But (whether they believe it or not) there is a corresponding magnetic force in gold which attracts Mercury, in silver which attracts copper, and so with all other metals, minerals, stones, herbs, plants, etc. . . . We must not be surprised at this persistent opposition to truth: the light of the sun pains the eyes of owls.

[...] belief or unbelief could not make any difference to the truth of our Art, just as a magnet would go on attracting steel, and rendering it magnetic by such contact, even if you did not credit it.

Golden Calf, by John Frederick Helvetius, 17th Cen.

edit on 26-3-2011 by sign00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by sign00 because: (no reason given)

And now to take the piss outa this subject ...

I skipped to the part on how to make the stone and stopped reading as soon as I seen the main ingrediant is urine! Good luck with your stones guys...

Advanced Yoga Practices: Main Lessons Lesson 319 – Amaroli – Urine Therapy (From: Yogani Date: Mar 20, 2009) [aypsite.org]

New Members: It is recommended you read from the beginning of the web archive, as previous lessons are prerequisite to this one. The first lesson is, "Why This Discussion?"
Amaroli means urine therapy. Since ancient times, in both the East and the West, urine therapy has been used to aid in curing many diseases. This has been accomplished by ingestion (the drinking of fresh urine – the primary form of amaroli), and also by applying fresh urine directly to wounds, sores, rashes and other visible maladies of the body. It has been claimed by enthusiastic adherents that urine therapy is capable of curing everything from asthma, the common cold and cancer – to hair loss, obesity and venereal disease. It will be left to the reader to research these claims.

Continued next post below.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Explanation:

Could Urine Be Tomorrow's Oil? (by soficrow posted on 22-11-2011 @ 10:58 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by soficrow

Could Urine Be Tomorrow's Oil?

www.sync-blog.com

British scientists have found a way to turn urine into electricity.

Urine used to be the flavour of the month – literally, sometimes. In the dim and distant past, urine was used to flavour ale and glaze pastries, as a floor cleaner and as a source of saltpeter for gunpowder. People even used fermented pee – or lant – as a breath freshener...

....With an annual global production rate of trillions of litres, this is a technology that could help change the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Toilet 2.0 Human Feces & Urine = Gold

Power of Pee Runs a Battery (by Jago posted on 19-8-2005 @ 12:10 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Jago
Scientist have developed a way to convert urine into electricity. Researchers say that the new energy source can be used as a cheap, durable, and renewable source of energy that could be implemented for healthcare and other commercial uses. By causing chemical reactions using the chemicals in urine with a soaked a piece of paper in copper chloride, they sandwiched the peice of paper between strips of magnesium and copper. Then they laminated the credit card-sized unit between transparent plastic films. Once urine was added the reaction produced electricity. Scientist hope that once the ways of producing such energy advance, people will be able to monitor their own health care by getting difficult results depending on how much of one substance is in the urine.

livescience.com
Scientists have developed a way to turn pee into electricity. And there's plenty where that came from, they point out.

Cheap, disposable, and renewable, urine-powered batteries may be the perfect power source for disposable healthcare test kits called biochips, the researchers say.

"We are striving to develop cheap, disposable credit card-sized biochips for disease detection," said battery developer Ki Bang Lee. "Our battery can be easily integrated into such devices, supplying electricity upon contact with biofluids such as urine."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Microengineering is advancing fast, but the techiques a lot of the techniques used are still a bit elementary in terms of scientific advancement. With powering batteries with urine-- one would think such a task would of been done already. Considering explosives can be made by distilling the urine and seperating phosphorus, you would certainly think you would be able to power a battery.

Still I give love to the scientific community for making advancements. One small step will always lead to a giant leap.

-Jago

[edit on 27-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

Vehicle Transportation without GASOLINE !!! (thread by boondock-saint posted on 7-3-2011 @ 06:45 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Well I have seen a boat load of threads lately
about this topic. They talk of all kinds of topics
about gas alternatives, even one thread gave
blueprints on how to make your backyard
into an oil refinery.

However, I recently came across some documents
put out by FEMA and the United Nations on how
to handle an emergency of a gasoline shortage
or even if the prices are too high to purchase fuel.

I looked over these documents and it seems easy enough
to follow along for any backyard mechanic WITHOUT
having a Physics Degree so I am
posting these here for ATS consumption.

If you have to say good bye to gasoline,
there are other options. Did you know that
over a half million cars in Germany were using
wood burning engines due to gasoline rationing
during WW2. It can be done again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69facc8a3998.jpg[/atsimg]
photo credit to: www.lowtechmagazine.com...

edit on 23-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

edit on 23-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix attributions to quoted last post.

edit on 23-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to remove same attribution double up in link.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Explanation: Continued from above ...

(by rutters1983 posted on 7-3-2011 @ 10:05 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by rutters1983
ok short term maybe but what about this

A car powered by urine

Urine powered car

or this a car run on coffee (could do with a bit more work tho)

Coffee powered car

Texas will turn urine into drinking water! (by Hilltaker posted on 11-8-2011 @ 04:56 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Hilltaker
Hi all,

Source: Article in DK

Translation started:

The heat wave that has washed over the U.S. Midwestern states in recent weeks has also hit the now bone-dry Texas. Meanwhile, parts of the state acknowledged that sometimes it's easier to drill for oil than to drill for water in the area.

They will therefore do this as several cities already are transforming human remains into drinking water It’s currently being done in low water areas like California.

The construction of a new water recycling plant worth 68 million dollars is already underway and the authorities have for some time been working to dispel any fears of having to drink urine in the area.

Translation ended.

Personally I think it sounds a little weird; however that is a very clever thing to do.

This could sort out a lot of problems in the further, for example the issue that we are actually running out of drinking water very fast.

97 percent of the world’s water isn’t drinkable. That is an insanely large amount.

Please take a look at this.

There are some very extraordinary facts and pictures from around the world. Especially there are some fantastic pictures from Virginia.

A REAL Cure For ALL Cancers! Capsaicin- Here's The Recipe...(by discl0sur3 posted on 18-5-2010 @ 02:34 AM) [ATS]

Cod liver oil and evening primrose oil respectively are described as helping to balance an "off-balance" metabolism. Which of these oils to ingest depends on whether a person's metabolism is too anabolic or too catabolic. This is based on Dr. Revici's discovery of the "dualistic" nature of cancer.

According to Dr. Revici's observations and research results cancer is caused by an imbalance between constructive ("anabolic") and destructive ("catabolic") bodily processes and hence only able to "thrive" in a person whose metabolism is out of balance, namely either too anabolic or too catabolic.

Whether your metabolism is one or the other can be deduced and/or determined by observation of your "pain pattern" and/or by your reaction to ingesting (certain) foods as well as other factors such as urine pH as observed over the longer term.

For instance someone who has “overly alkaline” urine, fluid retention, sunken eyes, diarrhea, inability to sleep, loses weight and appetite, or has a drop in his or her blood pressure, shows typical evidence of a catabolic imbalance, while someone suffering from high blood pressure, sleepiness, frequent urination, constipation and “overly acidic” urine displays symptoms of being too anabolic.

Depending on which imbalance is present, the person with cancer will have a pH (measured from urine) which is either too high or too low in a rather consistent manner (this in contradistinction to a healthy person whose pH will markedly fluctuate in the course of the day).

To help correct a catabolic imbalance, Kelley Eidem suggests using evening primrose oil, while taking emulsified cod liver oil is indicated for those who are too anabolic.

Since most people seem to be too acidic which according to Kelley Eidem "translates into being too anabolic if they stay too acidic too long", the standard recipe listed above features taking emulsified cod liver oil.

As you can see, taking the oil indicated for you is a central part of this natural treatment approach."

We can Make believe something else is also gold ...

Black Gold [wiki]

Commodities:
Petroleum
Oil
Coal
Coffee
Black pepper
African slaves during the slave trade
Opium poppy
Compost
Human hair

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Thanks OmegaLogos.

See what Leprechauns will do for us? Just in this thread, they have led us to drinking pee and using pee to freshen our breath.

Leprechauns!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Oh...any idea where those trillions are?

No I have no idea... let's look at that..

Even if the money is spent on black ops and secret space programs, it would still be in circulation to the contractors doing the projects. But all this money and especially the missing gold is completely off the radar... no paper trail and even top accounts have no idea where it went...

Is someone hoarding it? If so to what end? Hidden gold has no power... so where is it all going?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Explanation: I posted above on the issues of why ... during the cartoon bit!

All jokes are based around and or upon a certain set of commonly held beliefs ... and this is the comedians hook into the general populist mindset of the mobs and masses etc.

Since the rainbow exhibits a very large bend I can only conclude that it is because the fabric of space+time is massively distorted by the gravitaional pull of the massive pots of gold at either end of the rainbow!

Personal Disclosure: Comedy is another form of gold in that it spiritually transends boundaries via the use of humour!

Since the gold is limitless due to being constantly created ...

It is about who is bending the rules too far by not playing the game fairly!

Continued next post below!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Explanation:

Where Does All Earth's Gold Come From? (by PerfectPerception posted on 7-9-2011 @ 11:06 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by PerfectPerception

Where Does All Earth's Gold Come From?

www.bristol.ac.uk

Dr Willbold continued: "Our work shows that most of the precious metals on which our economies and many key industrial processes are based have been added to our planet by lucky coincidence when the Earth was hit by about 20 billion billion tonnes of asteroidal material."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.physorg.com
www.theweatherspace.com
www.sciencedaily.com

Where Does All Earth's Gold Come From? (thread by PerfectPerception posted on 7-9-2011 @ 11:06 PM , post by dethduck posted on 8-9-2011 @ 12:19 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by dethduck
Comes from dwarves.
That's all.
Just...dwarves.

Where Does All Earth's Gold Come From? (thread by PerfectPerception posted on 7-9-2011 @ 11:06 PM , post by ANNED posted on 8-9-2011 @ 12:21 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by ANNED
There is gold in every state in the US and every country of the world.
One cubic mile of seawater contains about 50 pounds of gold.
Its just that in many places its not concentrated enough to mine.

In Calif less then 1/10 of 1 percent that can be mined has been.

That leaves 99.9% of the gold that can be mined still in the ground for someone to find. If you can find a way to beat the tree huggers laws and regulations and mine it. good luck.

Where Does All Earth's Gold Come From? (thread by PerfectPerception posted on 7-9-2011 @ 11:06 PM , posted by Helious posted on 8-9-2011 @ 01:17 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Helious
Gold is universal, it is cherished and loved, it is precious and coveted. But worth more than gold is diamonds, something we know without question originates here on earth, coming from a comet or asteroid or begat from Earth itself, the rarity of the material determines it's worth, very simply.

Fungibility [wiki]

Fungibility versus liquidityFungibility is different from liquidity. A good is liquid if it can be easily exchanged for money or another different good. A good is fungible if one unit of the good is substantially equivalent to another unit of the same good of the same quality at the same time and place.

Examples:

Cash is fungible: one US$10 bank note is interchangeable with another.
Crude oil is fungible: a barrel of West Texas Intermediate crude oil is fungible (direct exchange) with another barrel of the same type and grade of crude oil.
Different issues of a government bond (maybe issued at different times) are fungible with one another if they carry precisely the same rights and any of them is equally acceptable in settlement of a trade.
Diamonds are not fungible because diamonds' varying cuts, colors, grades, and sizes make it difficult to find many diamonds with the same cut, color, grade, and size.
Fungibility does not imply liquidity, and liquidity does not imply fungibility. Diamonds can be readily bought and sold (the trade is liquid) but individual diamonds, being unique, are not interchangeable (diamonds are not fungible). Indian rupee bank notes are mutually interchangeable in London (they are fungible there) but they are not easily traded there (they cannot be spent in London). In contrast to diamonds, gold coins of the same grade and weight are fungible, as well as liquid.

Diamond [wiki]

The name diamond is derived from the ancient Greek αδάμας (adámas), "proper", "unalterable", "unbreakable", "untamed", from ἀ- (a-), "un-" + δαμάω (damáō), "I overpower", "I tame". Diamonds are thought to have been first recognized and mined in India, where significant alluvial deposits of the stone could be found many centuries ago along the rivers Penner, Krishna and Godavari. Diamonds have been known in India for at least 3,000 years but most likely 6,000 years.
Diamonds have been treasured as gemstones since their use as religious icons in ancient India.

cont...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Explanation: Sorry to Ron Paul for showing up the following ..

They both failed on fungibility!

Ron Paul Asks Ben Bernanke: How Do You Define a Dollar? (by ugie1028 posted on 3-3-2011 @ 05:26 PM) [ATS]

Ron Paul Asks Ben Bernanke: How Do You Define a Dollar? (by ugie1028 posted on 3-3-2011 @ 05:26 PM , post by AsimpleAbstraction posted on 3-3-2011 @ 06:36 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by AsimpleAbstraction
Bernanke is such a puppet!

Ron Paul definitely has been arguing some good points lately.

On the lines of his contextual Bernanke quote: "Gold isn't money" I completely disagree. The federal reserve has distributed fiat currency under the pretense that it is backed by silver and precious metals. It has been void of matching those dollars for sometime, thus making every dollar that has been created since backed basically by debt.

Debt to the country's people, debt to other countries, debt to wars, debt to everything and everybody. Its a crock, and a scam that we have been letting run for far too long.

So yes, in fact your dollar is less than air, it is debt. Our country is 12+ trillion dollars in debt. Soon to come crashing down when our debtors see that the dollar is worth of lesser value than a green sheet of toilet paper.

B.Bernanke's $600 Billion U$D Bail-out Blow-out! Back of the envelope deconstruction! (by OmegaLogos posted on 17-11-2010 @ 04:10 AM) [ATS]

Explanation: Just using figures off the top of my head and some lazy research on google I originally came up with this following back of the envelope calculation... [copy and pasted directly with no edits from a notepad file]

330,000,000 population of which 1/3rd are the working earning population = 110,000,000

$550,000,000,000 /annum earned in total by 2% of american workers earning $250,000/yr

$440,000,000,000 /annum earned in total by 20% of american workers earning $20,000/yr

$4,310,000,000,000 /annum earned in total by 78% of american workers earning $50,000/yr

$5,250,000,000,000 /annum earned in total by 100% of american workers.

So, 2% possess 10.1% of the cash. 20% possess 8.9% of the cash. 78% possess 81% of the cash. ... available in any 1yr.

Now since then it has come to my attention that there is less than 330 million people [300] in the US population and there is also 130 million tax paying workers, so my figures are quite error prone but within the acceptable ballpark!

Now just using my back of the envelope figures neither the richest 2% OR the poorest 20% could pay off this DEBT [which is also incurring interest but we'll overlook that for the moment] with the collective money either of those demographics pull in within a single year timeframe!

The richest would be short by about $50 Billion U$D and the poorest would be short by 3 times that amount! :shk:

This has obviously caused the U$D to fall when compared with other currencies and I for one can see how it's a sorta tit for tat USA getting back at China for keeping its own currency low etc... BUT its also affecting the USA's allies like Australia and a high AUD$ isn't completely helpful as a consequence!

Personal Disclosure: This is just FYI and requires no stars,flags or replies!

P.S. Average income is about $50,000 / yr. Can you live on that???

edit on 17-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix topic title. soz

Ron Paul Asks Ben Bernanke: How Do You Define a Dollar? (by Ahabstar posted on 3-3-2011 @ 07:44 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Ahabstar
The simple answer is that as a member of Congress, Ron Paul should be able to give that answer fairly readily as per the US Constitution:

Article 1, Section 8
The Congress shall have power...

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

The fact that it was turned over to the Federal Banking Reserve was wrong, and that Bernanke can not give a direct uniform value is frightening.

But then again, my definition of a dollar is a dollar's worth of labor. For minimum wage of $7.25/hr that is roughly 8 minutes and 17 seconds. The rank and file of Congress receive $174,000/yr. Since that is a flat rate and they often have longer sessions with several breaks, let's just assume a 40 hour week 52 weeks a year for $83.65 an hour. That is 43 seconds work for a dollar.

In other words, by the time a minimum wage worker at Mc Donalds has made $1 working the drive thru by filling 3 orders and welcoming the next car (company average time is 2 minutes 36 seconds). A Congressman (that isn't fulfilling the Constitutionally mandated requirements of the job) has made $11.56

That is the problem of describing relative purchasing power as the value of a dollar. Because assuming no other expenses, a 2011 Hyundai Accent GL for $10,705 (not including tax, title and destination charges--the cheapest car on the market). The worker at Mc Donald's will have to work roughly 1469 hours (or 37 weeks without income tax withholdings) the Congressman roughly 128 hours (or 3.2 weeks--same no income tax deductions) to pay for that car. Figure in average cost of living and it extends that timeframe naturally.

Fiat currency's greatest flaw is the relative purchasing power versus the amount of labour required to obtain it. And to put it all in perspective, as Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Congress paid Bernanke $199,700 in 2010. Which is less than Ron Paul was paid.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add missing information. soz accidentaly hit enter.

edit on 23-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix title in a link.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Explanation: Now to the colour/lustre of gold and money/currency/coins ...

Gold (color) [wiki]

Gold, also called golden, is one of a variety of orange-yellow color blends used to give the impression of the color of the element gold.

The web color gold is sometimes referred to as golden to distinguish it from the color metallic gold. The use of gold as a color term in traditional usage is more often applied to the color "metallic gold" (shown below).

The first recorded use of golden as a color name in English was in 1300 to refer to the element gold and in 1423 to refer to blond hair.

Metallic gold, such as in paint, is often called goldtone or gold-tone. In model building, the color gold is different from brass. A shiny or metallic silvertone object can be painted with transparent yellow to obtain goldtone, something often done with Christmas decorations.

Colored Gold [wiki]

While pure gold is yellow in color, colored gold can be developed into various colors. These colors are generally obtained by alloying gold with other elements in various proportions.

For example, alloys which are mixed 14 parts gold to 10 parts alloy create 14-karat gold, 18 parts gold to 6 parts alloy creates 18 karat, and so on. This is often expressed as the result of the ratio, i.e.: 14/24 equals 0.585 and 18/24 is 0.750. There are hundreds of possible alloys and mixtures, but in general the addition of silver will color gold white, and the addition of copper will color it red. A mix of around 50/50 copper and silver gives the range of yellow gold alloys the public is accustomed to seeing in the marketplace. A small amount (0.2%) of zinc can be added to harden the alloy.

The most common grades of gold, in addition to pure 24K, are 22K (92%), 18K (75%), 14K (58%) and 9K (38%).

Colored golds can be classified to three groups:

the Au-Ag-Cu system, producing white, yellow, green and red golds; typically malleable alloys
the intermetallic compounds, producing blue and purple golds, as well as other colors. These are typically brittle but can be used as gems and inlays
the surface oxide layers, such as black gold; mechanical properties depend on the bulk alloy, and the colored surface is prone to wear.

Spices, Gold and Precious Stones: The South Arabian Spice Trade (by Alexandra Porter) [fathom.com]

According to the Bible, the Queen of Sheba visited King Solomon in Jerusalem with a great camel caravan laden with gifts of "spices, and very much gold, and precious stones" (I Kings 10:2). She is thought to have come from Saba', the most powerful of the South Arabian caravan kingdoms, which was located in present-day Yemen. Although there is no archaeological evidence to prove the existence of the Queen of Sheba, calcite-alabaster statues, limestone funerary stelae, gold jewellery and bronze inscriptions tell of the rich civilization that was Saba'. The "spices" the Bible lists as part of the queen's cargo probably included incense, namely frankincense and myrrh, which were ancient South Arabia's main exports and were in great demand throughout the Near East and the Mediterranean.
In this seminar, Alexandra Porter, assistant curator for the "Queen of Sheba: Treasures from Ancient Yemen" exhibition at the British Museum (June 9 through October 13, 2002), provides an introduction to the archaeology of the South Arabian caravan kingdoms, which can be explored using an interactive map of Ancient Yemen. She discusses the beginnings of the spice trade using evidence from Biblical and Assyrian sources as well as what classical authors reveal about the overland and maritime trade. Porter concludes with a more detailed description of some of the spices and other precious commodities that may have been exported from South Arabia.

Synthertic Cannabanis (Gold Spice) [wiki]

Synthetic cannabis is a psychoactive herbal and chemical product which, when consumed, mimics the effects of cannabis. It is best known by the brand names K2 and Spice, both of which have largely become genericized trademarks used to refer to any synthetic cannabis product. (It is also for this reason that synthetic cannabis is often referred to as spice product, due to the latter.)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
So i am asking..............." Where has ALL that money gone"

That is actually VERY on topic and a very good question. And not only the billions in cash in off shore banks that are supposed to be safe havens, but all the gold and treasures collected by these mega dictators.

And what about all those CIA drug runs

Money Money Money all disappearing into some bottomless pit

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Explanation: Continued from above post ...

It is often marketed as "herbal incense"; however, some brands market their products as "herbal smoking blends". In either case the products are usually smoked by users. Although synthetic cannabis does not produce positive results in drug tests for cannabis, it is possible to detect its metabolites in human urine.

Now to the colours of the main players ...

The green suited leprechauns are doing their job but taking the gold out of the system!

The red suited leprechauns are NOT doing their job by putting gold in to the system!

redshield vs theAmerican dream (by 46ACE posted on 7-1-2011 @ 07:50 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by 46ACE
A wonderful 30minute video on the how and why of the federal reserve and global bankers
From "redshield". ( "Rothschild)" to today

great "primer" Worth the time..
edit on 7-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

1920s Federal Reserve Bank Propaganda Posters (by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED posted on 19-10-2011 @ 11:18 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED

Here are 5 federal reserve posters from the 1920s.

"Thanks" to the San Francisco Fed archive for making the posters available.

Also thank you "New York Fed Research Library."

Should we expect to see some Stalinist Posters with all the civil unrest taking place?

I mean, the Federal Reserve System is our keystone guys /sarcasm

Source

How did Rothschild take-over? (by Equinox99
posted on 22-3-2010 @ 06:41 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Equinox99
I was reading much information about the house of Rothschild. I came to the conclusion that they are the most powerful family on Earth. They gave way for families such as the Rockefeller and Warburg. They have and estimated $500,000,000,000,000(trillion) accumulated wealth; never been audited. How does someone build up that amount of wealth and power?

Their history started with Mayer Amschel and his business dealing with coins and bills. The name was later changed because there was a red shield that was hung in front of their house.

Mayer started teaching his 5 sons about the banking system in Europe. His son, Nathan, left at the age of 21 to set-up first in Manchester, than in the city of London. He dealt a lot with banking and dealing with foreign loans.

His best business is when the British government needed him and his brothers to help fund the British against Napoleon.

James, the youngest, was told to set-up a bank in Paris; Salomon set-up a bank in Vienna; and Carle set-up in Naples.

Knowing Britain was surely to win, Nathan set-up 2 messengers on each side of the Napoleon vs Britain war. When Britain emerged the winner, with a panicked look on Nathan's face, he began to sell all his shares. Everyone in Britain started to panick, they sold all their shares. Nathan bought up about half the stock market due to the cheap prices of each share. Once word had gotten back about Napoleons loss, people started buying stocks again.

Nathan had died by 1836, leaving behind the most advanced family banking system of the ages. He left behind the wealthiest dynasty that will ever live.

The main premise of their business was to loan governments money, adding interest rates. They slowly started building more businesses such as railways, engineering, dealing with gold, and precious metals. By 1840, N M Rothschild & Sons became one of the Bank of England's bullion brokers. They were right on the 19th century gold rush. Setting up a mine in Spain, as well as agencies in California and Australia.
Source

They have a rich history. There is much more about their family and their businesses on that web-site. I just gave you a brief discription to what this family has.

They aren't put as a the wealthiest people because they have never been audited. They help start the FED when Woodrow Wilson was president. They have banks in America(First bank of America), England, France, and a couple more.

A few great videos:

Continued below.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The Global Banking System: Descensus in Cuniculi Cavum (Part 1, "Less Than Humble Beginnings") (by Agarta posted on 15-8-2011 @ 12:56 PM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Agarta
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

This is the first of a multi-part series into all the aspects of Global Banking and World Domination. This Thread covers the History of Banking on a surface level from Hammurabi to Reagan. Specific information within this post has purposely been left out because they fit better in other parts of the series, for instance, Hitler being a Rothschild will be covered in “The Players”, current events will be covered in “Where are we Now”, and the connection of the specific Families to every Central Bank on the planet will be covered in “World Domination”.

The links provided within this thread are mostly to Wikipedia for a basic reference. There are a few within the thread leading to specific information dealing with the topic being discussed, however, where I found the information is contained in the list of references at the end of this thread.

Please enjoy this first installment.

Agarta

"So you think that money is the root of all evil.
Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?" - Ayn Rand

Hammurabi (1792-1750 BC) was considered the greatest king of Babylonia , he reigned as the sixth King during the first Babylonian dynasty, and created an empire north from the Persian Gulf through the Tigris and Euphrates river valleys and west to the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Although he was a great military leader and administrator of his realm, Hammurabi is mostly remembered for his structure of the law governing Babylon, called the Code of Hammurabi (the earliest known formal law structure). Banks were held to the standards of the Code of Hammurabi. They were very different than they are today, as deposits were not of money, but of livestock, grain or other crops and later, Gold and Silver.

The worlds first banks were merchants, they made loans to farmers and traders that carried goods and wares between cities and marketplaces. Banking activities were important enough in Babylonia, that written records of practice were considered necessary.

During the Babylonian occupation of Judah(586-538 BCE), a man named Jacob Egibi brought us one step closer to what we have today. He began a business of loaning out money with an interest rate. He is also credited with the invention of private banking during the Reign of King Kandalanu of Babylon (circa 648-625 B.C.) , and found it very profitable. By the time the occupation ended, many other people in captivity with the Egibi family learned this banking style and started their own private banks.

Continued in next post below.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

During the Persian period, loan sharking became a business where interest rates of anywhere from 30-50% were charged. The writings of the Roman historian Tacitus , tells us that during the reigns of Caesar Augustus (27 BC - 14 AD) and Tiberius (14-32 AD) records of the Roman Empire lenders, were based in temples, they would make loans with interest, but also began accepting deposits and changing money to their arsenal. At this time, ancient China and ancient India began the independent development of lending of money, separately. By the time that Constantine created Christianity as a legal religion, the church had amassed a very strong following and forced the return of not accepting usury(interest)

...if any man is found taking usury, his lands will be confiscated, and he will be banished from England...

Alfred the Great, King of Wessex ; 849-901 A.D.

When the western Roman Empire fell, banking continued to thrive in Egypt, Byzantium, and the Arab nations of the Red Sea.

King William founded the English monarchy on October 14, 1066, AD.. In 1067 AD., William created the “Corporation of the City of London”. This area of London has privileges that do not apply to the Greater London area, or anywhere else in the British Empire for that matter. The "City"(known today as the Crown Temple) even has its own sovereign police department.
Emperor Frederick II had the first “Christian” gold coins made in 1225 A.D. and was soon followed by Portugal, Florence, France, Genoa, and Venice in creating their own coins. Through widespread trade, many different forms of currency began to accumulate in many cities across Europe. During this fractional reserve banking was added to the mix.

Because the travelers and merchants were having problems carrying multiple kinds and storing all of their silver and gold, a solution was found in the Goldsmiths of London. Having the place to safely store precious metals, they began to take deposits and issued receipts of the transaction. These receipts were then used, by many, as the first form of paper money. The goldsmiths then realized they could issue more receipts than they had metal and baring a run on the metal, began to make a vast fortune.

Modern banking began in the late Medieval and Renaissance period Italy, with the most predominant families of Bardi and Peruzzi during the 14th century. They opened banks throughout Europe to strengthen their receipts and they began loaning money to Princes and Merchants alike. Edward III while funding the 100 year war defaulted on his loans and both family banks failed.
Another Italian banker, Giovanni Medici, set up the first off street bank by placing it in the hall of a palace he had built for himself. Because of this, the Medici bank then became the Papal bank(until 1942) and received most of its business from the Pope. With this, and continuing to loan to Princes and Merchants, he was able to spread across Europe with his banking innovation. In order to gain payment without charging a usury, the bankers would take a deposit and make a loan in one city, then collect in cash, instead of a bill of exchange, in another, usually at a higher exchange rate and pocket the difference.

Continued below.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Ok so all the threads I am linking belong to their respects OP'ers etc. and I thank them all for the information I found in each and everyone of those posts linked above! I will S&F! later as I am awefully busy and I am sorry now that I felt I didn't haave the few seconds o n each post to do that as I went along
Lesson learned.

Personal Disclosure: I fully recommend my fellow members read all of those threads linked for any further information contained within them that I have over looked and or cherry picked or truncated due to content copyrights etc.

Reminder: The power of the elite is an illusion. Do not be afraid (by Partygirl posted on 7-9-2011 @ 01:45 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by Partygirl
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b49d8ab5955c.jpg[/atsimg]
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I am the great and terrible Oz!"

These are tough times, ATS. Tough times and sometimes it seems TPTB have us already over the barrel and there is no hope.

Nonsense! This is a message of hope! In true fact, YOU are as powerful as the elite!

How can this possibly be? The key is to understand that the power of the elite is illusory. Because it is generally abstract. The more powerful a person today, the more abstract their power. The richest industry -- banking -- deals entirely in digital ones and zeros. There is nothing at all produced or made at an investment bank in terms of tangible goods and services...just a bunch of people staring at screens and manipulating data.

Ultimately, what is "ownership"? We can't really "own" anything in a permanent sense for two reasons:

1) Entropy: Everything is decaying, falling apart. Whatever we own will rot, rust, break, etc.
2) Mortality: You will eventually be dead and it won't matter in the slightest what you may or may not have "owned."

Because of this, there is a slippery, undefinable vagueness inherent in the concept of "ownership" itself. Put simply, the concept is illusory. When you buy something you feel secure because you own it. But for the reasons stated above, this feeling is at least partially illusory. When we understand that this is always going to be the case, a lot of the security we associate with wealth vanishes -- but so does the intimidation.

See, all those ones and zeros on the investment banker's computer -- they aren't loaves of bread or hunks of cheese. They are numbers. They have meaning because we allowed ourselves to concede that they do. This is the heart of the matter right there. The vast wealth in the hands of a few is not literally in their hands. It is in the form of numbers and papers and bank-accounts that exist only on computer mainframes, etc.

WE grant them power because we choose to keep these illusions going. And WE can withdraw that belief at any time. Without his ones and zeros, the Investment banker is no more or less powerful than me. It's up to us, to withdraw our consent from this illusion.

I could take George Soros in a fistfight. Even a weak little Partygirl like me. Because without the vast web of abstract symbols he can manipulate, he's just another old man with two fists and two feet and not much else. Any other power he has is power WE have granted him. And we can withdraw it, too. We have to.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

Reminder: The power of the elite is an illusion. Do not be afraid! (thread by Partygirl posted on 7-9-2011 @ 01:45 AM , post by OmegaLogos posted on 9-9-2011 @ 06:53 PM) [ATS]

reply to post by Partygirl

Explanation: S&F!

Uhmmm?

Its the wicked witches that are the unseen evil ... unless of course a whirlwind tornado deposits a house on their heads and they curl their toes up and die [isn.t that what happened to freddy and fanny?
] or conversely and also perversly, by pure fortutious accident when putting out the burning scarecrow, does one find out the cure is the same one, that is the universal solvent!

The good old bucket brigade ... please line up and relay these life saving , flame war dousing waters of ATS towards the conflagaration!

Running away on a prison planet is like hiding in a corner of a cage and trapped rats are forced to fight eventually if the can't escape the sinking ship!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Oh...any idea where those trillions are?

No I have no idea... let's look at that..

Even if the money is spent on black ops and secret space programs, it would still be in circulation to the contractors doing the projects. But all this money and especially the missing gold is completely off the radar... no paper trail and even top accounts have no idea where it went...

Is someone hoarding it? If so to what end? Hidden gold has no power... so where is it all going?
Why would the beautiful people,the rich elite tell their sheep about how many millions they extort,embezzle and extract from society?

As far as their concerned, how many millions they continuously blow through has nothing to do with 99% of people.All their worried about is entertaining their elite friends As they try to outdo eachother in lavish lifestyles....

They could care less about leaving a paper trail or staying within the middle classes radar and accountants record books at a local or state level.They live by different rules that orbit around money and nothing else...

The elite live in a totally different world than the middle class and the poor,they might as well be on another planet...

I read about 2 extremely overpaid NY Yankees players riding through NY City in the back of a limo and throwing $100 bills out their windows and laughing hysterically watching everyone jumping and running into traffic chasing after them and diving after them...Absolutely Sickening...

If money vanished forever...Suddenly...we would all be equal..."cant have that now can we"?
edit on 23-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes it is sickening.

But I think that there is something extremely wrong with those missing trillions but I just can't put my finger on it.

If someone wants to have an idea of what ONE TRILLION DOLLARS look like :

What does one trillion dollars look like

And we're talking missing trillions - plural - !! And the gold...

There IS no trail. Search all you want...no one mentions it, no one investigates, it's just a dead end...

As Zorgon mentioned, if there were projects going on with that money it could be traceable. But it isn't so..

It's just...gone...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join